Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Report: Nick Foles' future with Eagles in doubt

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000422950/article/report-nick-foles-future-with-eagles-in-doubt

Nick Foles' broken collarbone could cost him a lot more than just the next six to eight weeks of the season.

If a rejuvenated Mark Sanchez meets coach Chip Kelly's lofty expectations, Foles' days as the Philadelphia Eagles' quarterback are numbered.

Citing people with knowledge of the Eagles' plans, NJ.com's Mark Eckel reports Foles' long-term Philadelphia future was already in doubt prior to the injury.

"I think (general manager Howie Roseman) is looking at quarterbacks," a league source told NJ.com. "He's kind of soured on Foles, and I don't think he's alone. The organization isn't sold that he's the guy going forward."

Welcome to the Redskins' world, Eagles fans lol...

At least with Kirk he was mostly an unknown.  People got their hopes up thinking he could be great.  Mark Sanchez is much more of a known quantity.  That would be like Redskins fans pinning their hopes to Colt McCoy.

Oh wait... you know what never mind. 

I'm tired of these reports based on speculation that are reported as fact. This one says "Citing people with knowledge of the Eagles plans". Let's be as vague as possible, report the opinion of some random person, and let people think the decision has been made. It's laughable what is reported these days.   

Definitely regressed from last year, nobody can maintain even close to a 27/2 line.  Simply not possible.

Still, I think they'd be making a mistake to run from Foles, especially since, unless they completely fall apart, they'll be picking in the 2nd half of the 1st round.  They should try and develop him this offseason some more.

Maybe pick up a 3rd rounder they like, but outside of that they've been winning with Foles, so dumping him might cause problems.

Still, I think they'd be making a mistake to run from Foles, especially since, unless they completely fall apart, they'll be picking in the 2nd half of the 1st round. They should try and develop him this offseason some more.

Thinking about QB possibilities for them, outside the draft, trading up or not, only one I can think of is Brian Hoyer. He'll be a free agent this year. Do the Browns keep him with Manziel there? And if they do keep him, does that mean Manziel becomes available?

Welcome to the Redskins' world, Eagles fans lol...

Only in the sense that the media publishes anonymously-sourced BS stories. File that one with the ESPN story about RGIII alienating the locker room.

Chip Kelly on report of Foles' future: I control roster

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000423693/article/chip-kelly-on-report-of-foles-future-i-control-roster

After Foles' injury, NJ.com reported, citing unnamed sources with knowledge of the Eagles' plans, that the team was beginning to sour on the young signal-caller and "isn't sold that he's the guy going forward."

On Thursday, Kelly denied the report had any shred of credibility.

"I don't know where that stuff comes from," Kelly said, per PhillyMag.com. "I know this, I know I control the roster. And I think you guys can say first-hand, I don't talk to anybody. So whoever says they have a source in terms of what's gonna go on with roster maneuvers or people going up and people going down, they never talked to the right person because that comes from me, and that never was the case.

"I've got great faith in Nick, and I think he's a hell of a quarterback, and I think sometimes he gets banged too much, but I wish there was more people like Nick Foles in our lives."

Only in the sense that the media publishes anonymously-sourced BS stories. File that one with the ESPN story about RGIII alienating the locker room.

You probably should have read the thread before responding lol...

To quote myself a few posts into the thread:

I know...or with the media eager to speculate and present rumor about players as fact due to "sources" lol...

Then we are in agreement that the story in your original post is baseless media speculation that has been refuted by the head coach of the Eagles. Good, I'm glad that's settled. ;)

Like I said in the OP: welcome to the Redskins world, Eagles fans...

You felt a need to correct me, though lol..

I think it is a lot of pre contract negotiating being played out in the media. I thought only the Redskins were that low on morals.

ONLY the Redskins did stuff like that?...Ah, the bliss of naïveté' lol

Archived