Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Report: Nick Foles' future with Eagles in doubt

Mark Sanchez sucks.  Don't worry.  Kirk Cousins looked good for about 8 quarters.  

This is what makes me laugh. An average QB is an average QB....give D Coordinators time to gameplan for them and they look average.

Insert a name here_________....Cousins (I said it when he got the start because of the way he finished last year), McCoy, Sanchez, or any other backup that has been (and is a has been) around the league.

Mark is playing with house money ... now that the pressure is on him and there is chatter about him taking the spot from Foles, we'll see how he does.  I actually like him and if he was with any team outside of the East i would wish him success.  As things stands, I htink he will fold just like Kirk.  

Mark is playing with house money ... now that the pressure is on him and there is chatter about him taking the spot from Foles, we'll see how he does.  I actually like him and if he was with any team outside of the East i would wish him success.  As things stands, I htink he will fold just like Kirk.  

Not here to say Sanchez is the next great QB but your argument really doesn't hold water - because he was in a much tougher market his first 3 years in NY than he will ever be in Philly and he still made it farther into the playoffs and beat the likes of Brady and Rivers. Also he played for a Defensive minded coach and when he was bad it was because the team sucked pretty bad around him. If you're going to give RG3 a pass because of his Oline and bad D - I guess you will have to give Sanchez a pass for those year as well.  Also - using Cousins failure to validate a failure for Sanchez doesn't make sense either - if Sanchez was coming in for Cousins on the same team with the same coaching and same players - then you can do that. But what he has is a much easier system in which to succeed. Will he beat GB ( who was my pre-season SB pick and playing like it) probably not - but I wouldn't judge him on that only - let him play Dallas and Seattle before saying he sucks ) if he loses.  Thats like saying Luck sucks because he couldn't beat NE and Brady - not true by any means - especially when your talking about Butt Fumble boy...

Not here to say Sanchez is the next great QB but your argument really doesn't hold water - because he was in a much tougher market his first 3 years in NY than he will ever be in Philly and he still made it farther into the playoffs and beat the likes of Brady and Rivers. Also he played for a Defensive minded coach and when he was bad it was because the team sucked pretty bad around him. If you're going to give RG3 a pass because of his Oline and bad D - I guess you will have to give Sanchez a pass for those year as well.  Also - using Cousins failure to validate a failure for Sanchez doesn't make sense either - if Sanchez was coming in for Cousins on the same team with the same coaching and same players - then you can do that. But what he has is a much easier system in which to succeed. Will he beat GB ( who was my pre-season SB pick and playing like it) probably not - but I wouldn't judge him on that only - let him play Dallas and Seattle before saying he sucks ) if he loses.  Thats like saying Luck sucks because he couldn't beat NE and Brady - not true by any means - especially when your talking about Butt Fumble boy...

Argument for sure holds water, will my prediction that Mark will fail with Philly hold? Maybe not. But I'm not shooting in the dark here or making a claim with out any support or reason.   In his "magical" playoff years that people love to associate him with,he threw 33 INT's and 29 TDs.  I mean, saying Mark will crap the bed with Philly is no bold prediction. 

I'm simply implying this, Mark's 2014 season will follow a similar path to Kirks.   I know it's kind of apples and oranges when comparing the two, Mark has more experience, more pedigree, and by all accounts is a better QB, BUT ... 

When teams start game planning for him in earnest, when the pressure of him now being the full time starter out weighs the pressure of being a back up QB, and when the realization sets in that this  opportunity might be his best, last and only chance to be a starter in Philly or somewhere else ... he will fold. He will again become the exact same QB that made him expendable with the Jets. 

That's all ... that's my call.  I could be 100% wrong ... he could be Rich Gannon, or Alex Smith.  Totally revive his career.  

Chip Kelly and his offense be damned ... Mark has always had the tools, I just don't know if he's ever honed all the skills a QB needs, besides the all the physical stuff.  

The way the NCAA is churning out NFL-ready quarterbacks, the window a young QB has gets smaller and smaller every year.

It's a weird time because the NCAA has us all convinced that their QBs are NFL ready the moment they're drafted which simply isn't true. Teams throw these guys out there to the wolves and expect them to immediately be able to adjust and thrive. Sure it happens on a rare occasion but more often than not it really screws with a players psyche. 

At the same time, rarely do first round or even second round talents sit on the bench. 

so...the eagles GM has soured...on a guy that has brought their team to a 6-2 record? yeah...i believe that...

I believe it, Foles unfortunately is holding that offense back. We are in for a bunch of long seasons once Chip Kelly gets a good QB to run his system and that QBs name isn't Mark Sanchez either.

I believe it, Foles unfortunately is holding that offense back. We are in for a bunch of long seasons once Chip Kelly gets a good QB to run his system and that QBs name isn't Mark Sanchez either.

Outside of some bad Redzone interceptions Foles really wasn't holding this offense back - Sanchez is no better than Foles - but has shown better reads in the Redzone . I mean it's a top 5 offense WITH both of these guys - top 5 3rd down %, but middle of the road in RZ conversions to TD. I can't imagine how good it could get in 2015 with a read- option type QB that is like a young Rodgers or Wilson/Keap. Their flaws in the passing game would be diminished in Chips system but could kill you with their feet - just like Rodgers does. If it gets any better and with a better RZ conversion rate - it could be special. Chip just needs another 2 years to get his Oline better and his QB. Maclin, rookie Mathews ( who is already a top 5 rookie , but behind Watkins, Benjiman and maybe Cooks) and Ertz will be getting better by 2016. But yep, Foles can run this thing - just not as efficient as Chip invisions it

Outside of some bad Redzone interceptions Foles really wasn't holding this offense back - Sanchez is no better than Foles - but has shown better reads in the Redzone . I mean it's a top 5 offense WITH both of these guys - top 5 3rd down %, but middle of the road in RZ conversions to TD. I can't imagine how good it could get in 2015 with a read- option type QB that is like a young Rodgers or Wilson/Keap. Their flaws in the passing game would be diminished in Chips system but could kill you with their feet - just like Rodgers does. If it gets any better and with a better RZ conversion rate - it could be special. Chip just needs another 2 years to get his Oline better and his QB. Maclin, rookie Mathews ( who is already a top 5 rookie , but behind Watkins, Benjiman and maybe Cooks) and Ertz will be getting better by 2016. But yep, Foles can run this thing - just not as efficient as Chip invisions it

Yeah, just imagine how <Insert Any NFL Coaches Name Here> will be with a better OLine & QB. You know, a good read-option QB that is like a young Rodgers or Wilson/Keap. I mean, how about someone like a in-his-prime-Steve Young? Can you imagine how much better <Insert Any NFL Coaches Name Here> will be? 

It's not like there are 20-25 NFL teams searching for that same magical combination.  

Yeah, just imagine how <Insert Any NFL Coaches Name Here> will be with a better OLine & QB. You know, a good read-option QB that is like a young Rodgers or Wilson/Keap. I mean, how about someone like a in-his-prime-Steve Young? Can you imagine how much better <Insert Any NFL Coaches Name Here> will be?

It's not like there are 20-25 NFL teams searching for that same magical combination.

Took my words out of context - what I'm saying is if Chip finds a viable RT ( Johnson is moving to LT in 2 years) and a Guard - which shouldnt be THAT hard to do in FA or draft AND anyone that's better than Foles ( which according to most posters on here , their assessment of Foles or even Sanchez). Then just imagine how good this offense can get in 2 more years tops. That's all I was saying - of course getting a Wilson or Kaep will be MUCH easier than finding the next Rodgers - but according again to many posters on here Wilson and Kaep aren't that good so it might be pretty easy - and if Chip had them in THIS system , it could easily look even faster and harder to stop Even by top Defenses. Of course it will never be flawless - even the undefeated Dolphins had stinkers - it's just that young fans today think if you don't put up 40 points a week your overrated

Took my words out of context - what I'm saying is if Chip finds a viable RT ( Johnson is moving to LT in 2 years) and a Guard - which shouldnt be THAT hard to do in FA or draft AND anyone that's better than Foles ( which according to most posters on here , their assessment of Foles or even Sanchez). Then just imagine how good this offense can get in 2 more years tops. That's all I was saying - of course getting a Wilson or Kaep will be MUCH easier than finding the next Rodgers - but according again to many posters on here Wilson and Kaep aren't that good so it might be pretty easy - and if Chip had them in THIS system , it could easily look even faster and harder to stop Even by top Defenses. Of course it will never be flawless - even the undefeated Dolphins had stinkers - it's just that young fans today think if you don't put up 40 points a week your overrated

I didn't take it out of context. You said: "I can't imagine how good it could get in 2015 with a read- option type QB that is like a young Rodgers or Wilson/Keap." And then you said: "Chip just needs another 2 years to get his Oline better and his QB."

And I said 20-25 NFL Head coaches are saying the same thing: give me a better OL & QB and my team will be better. 

I didn't take anything out of context. 

You are ready to throw a guy out the window that's completed over 61% of his passes for 6700 yards, 46 touchdowns, and 17 int's? A guy that's won something like 13 of his last 16 starts? For a guy with no quarterback skills, and the ability to run real fast?

I'll pass. I don't see Chip making any changes next year.

Archived