Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

sbnation: Washington owner Daniel Snyder leaves game early, spits on floor inside stadium

Toe Jam

Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder did not stay to see his team lose against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday and did something that many would consider very disrespectful.

Bertrand Berry, a former Cardinals player and current member of the Arizona's  postgame broadcast team with Alexan Balekian, reported Snyder left University of Phoenix Stadium early in the fourth quarter (Balekian tweeted Berry's report), before leaving, emphatically spat on the ground inside the stadium as a visible act of disgust.

Berry was headed down early in the fourth quarter to begin work on the postgame show. He happened to be on the same elevator as Snyder.

The Washington owner was leaving the stadium, as he was unhappy with the ruling on the field that led to an Andre Roberts fumble not being overturned when it appeared he might have gotten his knee down before the ball came out.

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2014/10/13/6968283/washington-owner-dan-snyder-leaves-game-early-spits-on-the-floor

click link for more

Dan Snyder is a scumbag? Who knew, I hope they keep kicking him while this franchise is down, over and over and over again.

The only hope is that he'll eventually throw up his hands in disgust and sell.

The reality however is that he's our own personal Al Davis.

Dan Snyder is a scumbag? Who knew, I hope they keep kicking him while this franchise is down, over and over and over again.

The reality however is that he's our own personal Al Davis.

Yes as much as we rag on AL Davis (RIP) and Jerry Jones. Both of them have at least managed to win multiple super bowls. Snyder not so much.

Dan Snyder catches too much hate imo.  He's a rich superfan of the team.  Just unfortunate he trusted Bruce Allen to right the ship.  Theres way worse owners out there, but somehow they put a winning product on the field so the spotlight is never on them

"How can you expect your players to play to the final whistle if you as the owner don't stay until the end?" Berry asked on the air.

I'm pretty sure Snyder stayed till the end of the last three games last season, when everyone and their mother was claiming the team "quit".

Then again, everyone was claiming DeSean Jackson "quit" in the Seattle game--until he caught the 60 yard TD. Then he became "our offense" lol...

Anyway, something tells me Snyder's leaving early 1) was due to something other than the game and 2) his staying or leaving has zero effect on the players and their efforts.

Now the spitting, that's another issue...disrespectful and immature action. Besides, if it was indeed due to the ref's botched fumble call then he aimed his act of "disgust" at the wrong target, as it has nothing to do with the cardinals.

Theres way worse owners out there,

I think they all died actually.

Now the spitting, that's another issue...disrespectful and immature action. Besides, if it was indeed due to the ref's botched fumble call then he aimed his act of "disgust" at the wrong target, as it has nothing to do with the cardinals.

I didn't know Dan Snyder was an old Italian woman. It explains a lot actually.

This was already shot down on twitter, the leaving the game early part. I'm sure many of us did worse than spit after this game, and especially after the blown Roberts call. 

1. @michaelpRTD This is not true.. Dan Snyder went down to locker room area and watched end of game on TV.. Which is what he does on road..

But the team is bad right now so this is no time for rationality. Carry on.

I'm sorry, wait.  Spitting in a stadium makes you a scumbag?  Who isn't a scumbag if the bar is set that low for you?

Also, did no one think that you could spit without actually hocking a loogie? If you're doing the Italian grandmother thing, for instance, you might replicate the act without letting one fly.  And depending where it is, one of those concrete concourses has seen much worse (like spilled gallons of beer, player sweat, urine)  I'm not sure I'm going to be mad at someone spitting, especially when it's pretty clear something is rotten in the league if an official can see that replay (and doesn't it go to NY?) and somehow make that call.

<p>

This was already shot down on twitter, the leaving the game early part. I'm sure many of us did worse than spit after this game, and especially after the blown Roberts call.

But the team is bad right now so this is no time for rationality. Carry on.

I wonder if there will be a retraction of any kind by the radio host?...probably not.

I wonder if the SB Nation article will feature an update with this info?...probably not.

I wonder if sports media will jump on this non-story and blow it all out of proportion to generate easy clicks and express their righteous indignation, regardless of whether or not it's true?...Most definitely.

I wonder if there will be a retraction of any kind by the radio host?...probably not.

I wonder if the SB Nation article will feature an update with this info?...probably not.

I wonder if sports media will jump on this non-story and blow it all out of proportion to generate easy clicks and express their righteous indignation, regardless of whether or not it's true?...Most definitely.

perhaps a dbag radio host who used to be teamed with a former NYG LB?   no never...he'll never find a way to make a mountain out of this and avoid or respin the actual tweeted response.

Archived