Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

sbnation: Washington owner Daniel Snyder leaves game early, spits on floor inside stadium

Toe Jam

Snyder wasn't in the bleachers or the lower bowl, he was in the ownership/press box suites.

You all would be pissed if Mara did this on the club level at FedEx.

I'm more pissed at Mara's collusion and insider trading tactics...

but by all means, lets trip on something we all do as fans (if true)...

Also, did no one think that you could spit without actually hocking a loogie? If you're doing the Italian grandmother thing, for instance, you might replicate the act without letting one fly.  And depending where it is, one of those concrete concourses has seen much worse (like spilled gallons of beer, player sweat, urine)  I'm not sure I'm going to be mad at someone spitting, especially when it's pretty clear something is rotten in the league if an official can see that replay (and doesn't it go to NY?) and somehow make that call.

If he did just mimick spitting instead of actually doing it, then this isn't just a non-story...it's a non-existent story.

Dan Snyder catches too much hate imo.  He's a rich superfan of the team.  Just unfortunate he trusted Bruce Allen to right the ship.  Theres way worse owners out there, but somehow they put a winning product on the field so the spotlight is never on them

Which means they are not "way worse." 

That's the job of owning a team: putting a winning product on the field. Snyder is among the worst 2 or 3, PERIOD. 

Whatever. It feels like this crybaby's sole agenda now is to protect and keep the Redskin team name. They showed him sitting in the box with some Navajo Indian guy and his wife and they were wearing Redskin hats laughing it up. It's not like he pays these people or nothing is it? What a joke of a franchise we've become because of this guy.

I don't buy into the whole curse thing, but the name thing is really a big distraction. What happens if we ever make it to the SB again under the name Redskins? Can you imagine that two weeks leading up to the game? That's all they will talk about for two weeks, not to mention all the protests going on. By the time the game rolls around, we'll be so spent from all the negative backlash of the name that we'll get destroyed. Keep the logo and change the name already.

Yeah, the hell with facts and truth...we do it because we just love the guy.

Correct. Danny boy spitting to hock a Loogie isn't a big deal. Spitting to show how disgusted you are at a blown call? Yeah, not the behavior of someone that's supposed to represent the entire franchise.

Just like the locker room laughing incident, this isn't a big deal if looked at in a vacuum. Big picture, it's typical of a asshole like Snyder and indicative of what a joke this organization is.

Correct. Danny boy spitting to hock a Loogie isn't a big deal. Spitting to show how disgusted you are at a blown call? Yeah, not the behavior of someone that's supposed to represent the entire franchise.

Just like the locker room laughing incident, this isn't a big deal if looked at in a vacuum. Big picture, it's typical of a asshole like Snyder and indicative of what a joke this organization is.

Ironically, you're looking at the individual actions in a vacuum...

The story was that Snyder left the game early in a petulant rant, unwilling to stay until the whistle blows...and then spit on the floor of the stadium as he exited the building.

What if none of that is true? Should we still criticize Snyder for it regardless, for no other reason than because the team has been mediocre at best under his ownership?

Dan Snyder catches too much hate imo.  He's a rich superfan of the team.  Just unfortunate he trusted Bruce Allen to right the ship.  Theres way worse owners out there, but somehow they put a winning product on the field so the spotlight is never on them

Dan is a terrible owner.  Proof is in the product on the field the past 20+ years.

Who knows about the spitting story.  Probably bs,...

Also,....Dan.  Enough with the "look,...here's another native American that doesn't mind the name Redskins".  The shot with him sitting with the Navajo Nation president.  Just stop,.....please, stop.

You never know he could have got choked on something or a bug could have flown in his mouth..just sayin how the media likes to tell a tall tell..who knows is if dan really spit or not..but thats was a pathetic call on that no fumble. But I dont understand why the f.o. wont turn stuff like that in to the league. Gibbs done it all the time..but we all know Gibbs is a real football person anyway..

Dan is a terrible owner.  Proof is in the product on the field the past 20+ years.

Who knows about the spitting story.  Probably bs,...

Also,....Dan.  Enough with the "look,...here's another native American that doesn't mind the name Redskins".  The shot with him sitting with the Navajo Nation president.  Just stop,.....please, stop.

I agree that he's awful, but he's only been the owner since 1999.  Can't blame him for 93-98.

You never know he could have got choked on something or a bug could have flown in his mouth..just sayin how the media likes to tell a tall tell..who knows is if dan really spit or not..but thats was a pathetic call on that no fumble. But I dont understand why the f.o. wont turn stuff like that in to the league. Gibbs done it all the time..but we all know Gibbs is a real football person anyway..

If he had choked on something then the media report would have been that he choked on something and spit it out.  Why do people always feel the need to apologize for Dan Snyder.

Whatever. It feels like this crybaby's sole agenda now is to protect and keep the Redskin team name. They showed him sitting in the box with some Navajo Indian guy and his wife and they were wearing Redskin hats laughing it up. It's not like he pays these people or nothing is it? What a joke of a franchise we've become because of this guy.

I don't buy into the whole curse thing, but the name thing is really a big distraction. What happens if we ever make it to the SB again under the name Redskins? Can you imagine that two weeks leading up to the game? That's all they will talk about for two weeks, not to mention all the protests going on. By the time the game rolls around, we'll be so spent from all the negative backlash of the name that we'll get destroyed. Keep the logo and change the name already.

Yeah, 'cause we should totally care what BSPN and the rest of the news reporters who almost always get it wrong and make mountains out of molehills, and the perpetually offended at everything think/say/do.

NEVER change the name!

Did anybody consider that maybe dude just had to spit? Or maybe he was pissed at his OWN teams performance? Either way, i think this whole spit story is stupid. I'm not the biggest Dan fan, but at least he truly loves the team and tries. Hell, he listens to us fans way more than he probably should. And i seriously doubt he spit in any type of disrespect towards Arizona. Hell, even if he did it because of the refs call, i can't blame him. That **** was BS! Remember, he's a fan like the rest of us. I was doing worse **** than just spitting after that call. Just saying...

I agree that he's awful, but he's only been the owner since 1999.  Can't blame him for 93-98.

Well 93-98 included an end of one of the greatest era's in professional sports, the retiring of a HOF coach, the death of an owner.  Yeah, you can't blame him for those years.  :wacko:

Archived