Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins draft picks spent on QBs last 15 years - a sordid history

Riggo-toni

Acually, signing Jeff George was the beginning of the end. Before George our offense was so good that Dominos was running out of pizza dough on Mondays after the games.

Green and Johnson were both good qb's, but Johnson turned Albert Connell into a 1000 yard receiver.

Robert has had three major injuries in his lower body: two knees and an ankle. Imo he needs to think about his future as a civilian. This team isn't worth risking your health for.

I hope he makes the right decision once this season is over. I'm sincerely worried about his future health.

When I think of Rob's inability to stay healthy and Kirk Grossman's overall suckiness, I think the future QB may not be on this team :(

We traded a 1st, 3rd, and 4th round pick to move up to draft Jason Campbell?  Good god.

I remember us drafting him, but thought that may have just been our first rounder.  But I believe we got Carlos Rogers in the same drat.  Too lazy to look it up.

The worst thing about it was we actually made the trade the day before the draft lol.  In hindsight we probably could've picked Aaron Rodgers at 9 and still got Carlos at 25.

The worst thing about it was we actually made the trade the day before the draft lol. In hindsight we probably could've picked Aaron Rodgers at 9 and still got Carlos at 25.

Rodgers hit a free fall and got picked one spot before we took Campbell. If we had waited til draft day, I'm sure we could have used those same picks to trade up with a different team and get him. Lucky for A-Aron that we didn't. He'd be out of the league by now.

Rodgers hit a free fall and got picked one spot before we took Campbell. If we had waited til draft day, I'm sure we could have used those same picks to trade up with a different team and get him. Lucky for A-Aron that we didn't. He'd be out of the league by now.

But who's to say Gibbs would've picked Rodgers? Didn't we make the trade after they attended the Auburn pro day to see Carlos and Gibbs fell in love with Candle...

U mean 2012, 2013, & 2014? Again the pick in 2012 was for RG3 it doesn't count against him b/c St.Louis gave us theirs, we used that pick on him. We gave up 2 1sts and a 2nd, we USED the 2012 first rounder.

Yeah, ok I'll let it die. Semantics.

You're confusing the argument from the year RG3 was drafted. There's "what we gave up to get him" and "what we actually spent."

We spent three #1's and one #2. We gave up two #1's and one #2 (and swapped one #1).

Or we could've just drafted him at 9 instead of Los Rogers.

Gibbs was always a phenomenal coach, but a poor personnel evaluator (2 1sts for Desmond Howard, 1st and a 3rd for washed up Riggs, 3 and 4 for Duckett, 1 3 and 4 for JC, etc.)

Really? Cause I had a ton of fun in 2012. The fast start at New Orleans. The late game scramble to setup the game winning field goal in Tampa Bay. The ELECTRIFYING run in the Vikings game. The 7 game winning streak and the good moments throughout? Like the perfect QB rating game where we demolished Philly. Or the best quarter of football this side of Doug Williams on Thanksgiving. Or the late game heroics by Kirk Cousins and Richard Crawford against Baltimore. Kirk bootlegging the Browns to death. Fletcher coming on strong with some key interceptions all throughout those final few games. The BEAUTIFUL pass to Moss in the end zone in the second Eagles game. And then capping the regular season off with RJax making Romo do what Romo does and listening to Fedex singing HAIL TO THE REDSKINS on national TV as the cameras swept around the stadium....

Yeah, I can't fathom how anyone could leave off 2012 in terms of when the team was last fun to watch.

Robert has had three major injuries in his lower body: two knees and an ankle. Imo he needs to think about his future as a civilian. This team isn't worth risking your health for.

I hope he makes the right decision once this season is over. I'm sincerely worried about his future health.

When I think of Rob's inability to stay healthy and Kirk Grossman's overall suckiness, I think the future QB may not be on this team :(

The fact that two years removed from ROY it's even a question is troubling.  

If Ramsey had been properly groomed, he could have been a perennial stud. Dude had an arm most QBs would kill for.

He could barely hit the side of a barn, but when he did hit it, the ball went straight through.

Campbell, poor Gibbs, poor ol' Gibbs. His heart was in the right place but his mind wasn't. This was a guy who would throw the ball OVER the barn. Had arm strength but not a lick of accuracy.

• 11 months later...

Archived