Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Kirk Cousins an Interception Machine?

RiverboatGambler

I think we just need to give up on ncr2h. Cousins could throw for -20 yards, 0 TDS, and 8 INTs and he would find some bizarre completely arbitrary metric that would show him being a top QB in the league.

He would invent one.  Cousins' deep % for 2013 was 13.5%.  For 2014, its 21.3%…Thanks DeSean!  Griffin was 18.3 in 2012 and 20.4 in 2013.

http://wp.advancedfootballanalytics.com/playerpage.php?playerid=10-R.Griffin&pos=QB&season=reg

It is awesome to behold, though!

He would invent one.  Cousins' deep % for 2013 was 13.5%.  For 2014, its 21.3%…Thanks DeSean!  Griffin was 18.3 in 2012 and 20.4 in 2013.

http://wp.advancedfootballanalytics.com/playerpage.php?playerid=10-R.Griffin&pos=QB&season=reg

What does "deep %" mean?  Could you please explain that to us so that we know that it has something to do with skill rather than just the percentage of passes that are thrown deep?

Cousins has only played against good teams this year except Jacksonville . Yes, he has struggled a little bit, but the only game web got blown out was the Giants game. Against those other good teams, we had a chance.

What if he looks great next week? I can see that happening. He has faced too many tough defenses. In the end, he is inexperienced with quite a bit to learn. But honestly, he can be a Drew Brees type player, who was an int machine early in his career. Also, Eli Manning has always been an int machine.

Allow this moron to help you with something -

You are comparing a guy who has played in 5 games against QBs who have played 6 games.

He is #12 in completions PER GAME

He is #8 in attempts PER GAME

He is #3 in yards PER GAME.

He is #8 in touchdowns PER GAME

He is #2 in interceptions PER GAME

He is #9 in sacks per attempt

He is #24 in completion %

He is #2 in YPA

How is he #2 in interceptions PER GAME when he leads the league while starting one less game than anyone else.

That you think him not playing in Houston makes any great statistical difference...

I swear this is performance art online and that you are just crushing it.

Um, really not a big enough difference to brag about. It really doesn't matter why it may be higher either, that is why Desean was brought here specifically to make big plays. No one would even be questioning KC vs RG if KC wasn't a INT juggernaut.

Or others who didn't read the entire post......

I read your entire post. You're excusing Cousins interceptions because Peyton threw a lot of them as a young QB. It's not the first time this excuse has been used and it's absolutely ridiculous. Manning was a young QB in a completely different era. Cousins is a young QB in arguably the greatest time ever for a QB and yet he's still struggling mightily with a ridiculous amount of weapons at his disposal.

Cousins has only played against good teams this year except Jacksonville . Yes, he has struggled a little bit, but the only game web got blown out was the Giants game. Against those other good teams, we had a chance.

What if he looks great next week? I can see that happening. He has faced too many tough defenses. In the end, he is inexperienced with quite a bit to learn. But honestly, he can be a Drew Brees type player, who was an int machine early in his career. Also, Eli Manning has always been an int machine.

redskins59 he has struggled. I mentioned it before he played the Giants that Cousins had never beat a team with a winning record. I was in a wait and see mode as far as Kirk goes and I've said many times if he's playing good you gotta leave him in there as the starter.

I honestly don't think Kirk Cousins can be a Drew Brees type player based on his history dating back to college. Now I could be wrong too. It wouldn't be the first or the last. But beating the Titans won't mean much to me. They're not good at all either. The true test for me where Philly, Cards, Giants and Seahawks. He looked incredible against Philly until the game was on the line. Then he promptly threw a pick and couldn't get 10 yards to at least get us in FG range. The Giants was what it was. Seahawks was ok. And the Cards game almost drove me to start drinking. I don't know man...........

I hope KC plays lights out every game he starts, I hope RG3 plays lights out every game he starts, same would apply to Colt McCoy. All 3 of our QBs have a lot to learn. KC has been given every opportunity to take over the starting QB job (I believe it was his to lose) and he has not taken advantage of it. For that reason, I think the reigns need to be given back to RG3 to see if he will take the job and run with it. If he struggles, then you get rid of one or both of them and as much as I hate it, start over. At the end of the season, there will be a true picture of the QB who needs to lead this team.

The biggest thing is that he is so up and down and inconsistent. The only thing that seems consistent about him, and this is rather worrying, is he seems to consistently have a hard time getting the job done when the game is on the line late in the game. He laid an egg against the Eagles when that was the case, despite playing well earlier in the game, and then imploded against the Giants and the Cards late in the game. And not just one bad INT implosions..."3 INTs in 4 drives" types of implosions.

I read your entire post. You're excusing Cousins interceptions because Peyton threw a lot of them as a young QB. It's not the first time this excuse has been used and it's absolutely ridiculous. Manning was a young QB in a completely different era. Cousins is a young QB in arguably the greatest time ever for a QB and yet he's still struggling mightily with a ridiculous amount of weapons at his disposal.

Thank you Taylor703. That's why I ignored the Peyton Manning comparison. What a lot of people fail to realize is, the game is set up for QB's to set records now on offense. When Peyton came into the league you could literally knock a QB out with no flag. Now, you breathe on them hard and its a 15 yard penalty. Same thing with WR's. Hard hitting safeties and LB are having a hard time because they have to learn how to hit all over again. So many things have changed about the NFL now.

redskins59 he has struggled. I mentioned it before he played the Giants that Cousins had never beat a team with a winning record. I was in a wait and see mode as far as Kirk goes and I've said many times if he's playing good you gotta leave him in there as the starter.

I honestly don't think Kirk Cousins can be a Drew Brees type player based on his history dating back to college. Now I could be wrong too. It wouldn't be the first or the last. But beating the Titans won't mean much to me. They're not good at all either. The true test for me where Philly, Cards, Giants and Seahawks. He looked incredible against Philly until the game was on the line. Then he promptly threw a pick and couldn't get 10 yards to at least get us in FG range. The Giants was what it was. Seahawks was ok. And the Cards game almost drove me to start drinking. I don't know man...........

What if he beats the Titans, Cowboys and Vikings? Then do you think twice about going back to RG3? I don't see it, doesn't mean it couldn't happen. These threads would get more interesting:)

Um, really not a big enough difference to brag about. It really doesn't matter why it may be higher either, that is why Desean was brought here specifically to make big plays. No one would even be questioning KC vs RG if KC wasn't a INT juggernaut.

Exactly.  ncxxx claimed that Cousins was a far superior QB with the deep ball than RG.  He then offered some rather lopsided % figures to support that argument without a link.  I did a 5 minutes google and link and found a reputable, clean site that showed that their deep% was essentially the same and then offered the link to support the assertion.  The Desean comment was to provide a rationale for why Cousins' % increased so drastically from 2013 to 2014.  Overall, what should be taken from my post is that ncxxx is less than factual and possibly a psychopath.  He is, however, very entertaining!

What if he beats the Titans, Cowboys and Vikings? Then do you think twice about going back to RG3? I don't see it, doesn't mean it couldn't happen. These threads would get more interesting:)

Uhmmm I will say if he beats Dallas, that will go pretty far in my eyes. Beating the Titans and Vikings won't mean much because they suck pretty much. I think both of them have losing records as well. But boy oh boy if he pulls out a win against the Cowboys.............. :D

The scary thing is, we have to have these next 3 games to turn our season around. So if kirk can get it done then you're right, this thread will get VERY interesting. Especially with a win over the Cowboys.

Exactly.  ncxxx claimed that Cousins was a far superior QB with the deep ball the RG.  He then offered some rather lopsided % figures to support that argument without a link.  I did a 5 minutes google and link and found a reputable, clean site that showed that their deep% was essentially the same and then offered the link to support the assertion.  The Desean comment was to provide a rationale for why Cousins' % increased so drastically from 2013 to 2014.  Overall, what should be taken from my post is that ncxxx is less than factual and possibly a psychopath.  He is, however, very entertaining!

Oh, I get it now:). It's late, I'm old ( not really old though) and sometimes a little slow. That's the problem with stats, they can be manipulated to support any argument (I believe I already said that).

Uhmmm I will say if he beats Dallas, that will go pretty far in my eyes. Beating the Titans and Vikings won't mean much because they suck pretty much. I think both of them have losing records as well. But boy oh boy if he pulls out a win against the Cowboys.............. :D

The scary thing is, we have to have these next 3 games to turn our season around. So if kirk can get it done then you're right, this thread will get VERY interesting. Especially with a win over the Cowboys.

Dude, I'm telling you right now, if KC wins the next 3 games, especially in Jerah's house, I may jump back on the KC bandwagon:)

Exactly.  ncxxx claimed that Cousins was a far superior QB with the deep ball the RG.  He then offered some rather lopsided % figures to support that argument without a link.  I did a 5 minutes google and link and found a reputable, clean site that showed that their deep% was essentially the same and then offered the link to support the assertion.  The Desean comment was to provide a rationale for why Cousins' % increased so drastically from 2013 to 2014.  Overall, what should be taken from my post is that ncxxx is less than factual and possibly a psychopath.  He is, however, very entertaining!

Man I can smell his brains burning trying to come up with another chart to refute that link lololololol. You gotta admit, it is funny as hell though. I can only picture a mad scientist picture drumming up those charts with bifocals and spiked hair. That's the image I keep getting everytime I read one of those charts.

I would pay him to explain how he comes up with that stuff man. I promise i would just for the entertainment value.

Kirk is good enough and the team is good enough to win all three of these games.  If he can pull it off, he can likely claim to be a guy with starter potential and hang around the league for a few more years.  if he were to lose all three, that would leave him with a career record of 1-10 as a starter and that is probably enough to get you outta the league.  Either way Rg is back for the Bucs.  He needs reps in this offense and we need to see something that makes us feel better about giving him an extension or not.

There are guys like Kirk Cousins all over the draft every single year.  If we lose him, we can get another guy just like him in the 5th rnd next year.  His development is not a priority.

That being said, that's tough, can't go into offseason not knowing more about RG3 so I would be inclined to still go back to RG3. Then you can make a fair decision on who SHOULD be leading this team.

Kirk is good enough and the team is good enough to win all three of these games.  If he can pull it off, he can likely claim to be a guy with starter potential and hang around the league for a few more years.  if he were to lose all three, that would leave him with a career record of 1-10 as a starter and that is probably enough to get you outta the league.  Either way Rg is back for the Bucs.  He needs reps in this offense and we need to see something that makes us feel better about giving him an extension or not.

There are guys like Kirk Cousins all over the draft every single year.  If we lose him, we can get another guy just like him in the 5th rnd next year.  His development is not a priority.

We don't need to, I think the whole reason for Colt being here is to be the long term back up. Either RG or KC will not be here next year. Which is why I would lean giving RG3 reps to finish season.

Oh, I get it now:). It's late, I'm old ( not really old though) and sometimes a little slow. That's the problem with stats, they can be manipulated to support any argument (I believe I already said that).

Dude, I'm telling you right now, if KC wins the next 3 games, especially in Jerah's house, I may jump back on the KC bandwagon:)

lolololol I hear you man. I can see A LOT of people jumping back on his bandwagon. Especially Joey T and Bill Cowher. I will be extremely happy for Kirk and the team. But I still got to ride with my boy RG3 though. I want to see it through with him and give him a chance from all he had to come back from. I want to see if 2012 was a fluke or not. I honestly don't believe it was.

But i want to make sure he is what I think he is. But if Kirk turns it around, then I will say he deserves at least a chance to finish it out. Then a QB competition in 2015. RG3 will win I'm sure lol :D

lolololol I hear you man. I can see A LOT of people jumping back on his bandwagon. Especially Joey T and Bill Cowher. I will be extremely happy for Kirk and the team. But I still got to ride with my boy RG3 though. I want to see it through with him and give him a chance from all he had to come back from. I want to see if 2012 was a fluke or not. I honestly don't believe it was.

But i want to make sure he is what I think he is. But if Kirk turns it around, then I will say he deserves at least a chance to finish it out. Then a QB competition in 2015. RG3 will win I'm sure lol :D

Dude, that's the only thing that would suck.....Joey T would start talking again! That's enough for me to want them to LO......... Ok, I can't go there, I would just mute him.

Dude, that's the only thing that would suck.....Joey T would start talking again! That's enough for me to want them to LO......... Ok, I can't go there, I would just mute him.

EXACTLY lol.......man I got so irretated when Joey T kept saying how quickly Kirk got the ball out his hands during his commentary. I was like "somebody please take the batteries out" of Joey T. He was like a talkaholic during the preseason games. And I was pretty upset with him when he said Kirk Cousins would've won the starting job if there was a QB competition. NOT BECAUSE IT WASN'T TRUE, but because of the media crap it started that this team did not need again. That's why I asked him about Kirk  when I met him.

Archived