Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Kirk Cousins an Interception Machine?

RiverboatGambler

Just like he improved from Seattle to Arizona.

Thanks for this post though, yesterday ended up as probably what was the worst day of my life so I really needed a good laugh from The Stadium to cheer me up and this did the job.

Hope you're doing Ok, man.  I didn't see the game was out of town/on the road.  Glad we won.  Glad we finally benched Cousins.

Hope you're doing Ok, man.  I didn't see the game was out of town/on the road.  Glad we won.  Glad we finally benched Cousins.

I'm doing a little better. Had to make "the decision" on my 16 year old Dachshund. Saddest day of my life. The little guy was by my side nearly every day of his life and it was tough to let go. Seeing a win and the hopeful end of these threads has lifted my spirits here in the short term though. It's just gonna take time, but I'll bounce back from this.

I'm doing a little better. Had to make "the decision" on my 16 year old Dachshund. Saddest day of my life. The little guy was by my side nearly every day of his life and it was tough to let go. Seeing a win and the hopeful end of these threads has lifted my spirits here in the short term though. It's just gonna take time, but I'll bounce back from this.

I know the feeling. I just had my buddy put down back in July.

I thought it was neat that the Vet made a ceramic print from his paw.

Tough times.

I know the feeling. I just had my buddy put down back in July.

I thought it was neat that the Vet made a ceramic print from his paw.

Tough times.

I just took my print out of the oven before read reading this. Going to send it to my mother as a keepsake. She was always fascinated by what she called his "Perfect Paws". She liked to joke that he could have been and should have been an International Paw Model.

I refuse to pile onto a guy, on my team, who's clearly trying, and going through a tough time.  But what Kirk has is a complete crisis of confidence.  And I think he takes things so hard that he's harder on himself, and the problem escalates.

But the fact is that he's not seeing things well, and his accuracy is off.

I think the sit-down is going to help him.  I am sure he'll get another chance to play somewhere, maybe even next week.  But if I'm Jay, I sit him down because I don't think he trusts himself right now, and that's just going to lead to catastrophe.

The fact that Cousins said "It is Robert's team" after the Jags game shows that he was never confident in himself to be a starting QB. He was just thrown out there cause of the depth chart. I expected a better answer like "I'm the starting QB now, and it is my job to help this team win." Something a long those lines...

Seems like he's weak psychologically. He has the talent and can make every throw, but it looks like he's unraveling. After the Philly game people expected him to keep putting up points and he has since come crashing down.

Say what you will about RG3(and I'm as hard on him as anyone), his confidence is NEVER an issue.

The fact that Cousins said "It is Robert's team" after the Jags game shows that he was never confident in himself to be a starting QB. He was just thrown out there cause of the depth chart. I expected a better answer like "I'm the starting QB now, and it is my job to help this team win." Something a long those lines...

only an A--hat would say that in that situation. Smh people love drama

The analyst (don't know who it was this week) said something yesterday about Kirk not being able to read zone defence. Said he was fine against man but he kept throwing picks against zone. I would love to know from someone here who understands QB play why that makes such a difference. And of course if it is correctable!

The analyst (don't know who it was this week) said something yesterday about Kirk not being able to read zone defence. Said he was fine against man but he kept throwing picks against zone. I would love to know from someone here who understands QB play why that makes such a difference. And of course if it is correctable!

The difference is in zone, you have to read the defense. In man defense, you know its your WR verus the DB or LB. In a zone, you have to know where the defender is going to be. On his 2nd INT yesterday, it looked like the LB was dropping back to his zone and Kirk just didn't see him and gave him a gift INT. I wonder how many of his INTs this year have been against a zone look as opposed to man defense?

Archived