Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Couple of points on the Ref calls in the game

Havenless

That was/is as well, agreed.  And, I'm not complaining.  My point was I think that is the definition of unnecessary roughness.  I have no doubt Baker did it to try and knock Foles out of the game which I despise, no matter the team.   

If you'll go back in my post history you will also see that I thought Jenkins hit on Djax was both as well, so although I'm an Eagle fan, I can call a spade a spade. 

LOL dude, yeah you're 100% not complaining and unbiased as well. ;)

Baker hits a guy legally, who was going in for a tackle attempt, with his shoulder, not even putting anything into it and that's "trying to take him out of the game" but the full weight jump drag down tackle by Fletcher Cox on Cousins 3 seconds after the whistle when EVERYBODY else had stopped, 10 yards behind the LOS too no less, somehow evades your recollection.

I don't have a problem with the Cousins hit cause the Eagle didn't hear the whistle, what I have a problem with is when you look at the film he ran past a ref who was within 5-10 yrds of him who SHOULD have been blowing a whistle and the Eagle can't hear it? ok. most likely that ref was not blowing his whistle though. Clearly he had the tunnel vision cause if he would have looked beyond Cousins in his line of sight he would have seen the back judge waving his arms calling the play dead.

LOL dude, yeah you're 100% not complaining and unbiased as well. ;)

Baker hits a guy legally, who was going in for a tackle attempt, with his shoulder, not even putting anything into it and that's "trying to take him out of the game" but the full weight jump drag down tackle by Fletcher Cox on Cousins 3 seconds after the whistle when EVERYBODY else had stopped, 10 yards behind the LOS too no less, somehow evades your recollection.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  Never said I wasn't biased...all fans are.  But I can recognize a cheap shot when I see one, which I stated Jenkins did, as well as the shellacking of Manning by Eagles, and Baker. 

Watching Cox crush Cousins, yes it looks bad.  Only "excuse" would be if they did not hear the whistle due to crowd noise.  That's on the refs, IMO, if that's the case. 

Pointyfootball,

If you go to the other thread on this topic they posted the video of the hit.  Foles is moving in a direct line towards the interceptor Breeland.  He is about five yards away.  Given the speed that these guys go... heck, given the speed that I jog... he's between 1 and 2 seconds away from intersecting with the interceptor who is still running as Baker lays his block.  That block is from the front, not at the head, Baker doesn't launch, or do anything which isn't text book perfect.

Your guy got clobbered absolutely fairly and legally.

Understand and probably nothing to be gained with the UR part of it.  My point was there was no way he was getting involved in that play as Breeland was going down.  Kind of like a PR/KR where a player is trailing the play and gets lit up even though he doesn't have a prayer to catch the returner. 

Foles has to be aware there and know that DL are going to crush them if they have any chance to do it.  It was most unwise for  Peters to take a swing as that helped the Redskins, although seeing him & Baker go at it reminded me of two bull walruses on a beach on National Geographic.

Good game though, lot of fun. 

I don't know about that.  When Foles was hit Breeland was not down yet.  What if the ball came loose?  What if Breeland managed to catch himself and kept going? Then Foles is right there on top of him in line to make a tackle or collect a fumble.  We've both seen that happen.  It's why Foles was heading towards the ball even though he knew he wasn't likely to make the tackle, but he was doing his job.  Baker was doing no more than his job in blocking for a return.

The hit on Foles was completely legal according to the league.  It was totally clean.  That, in an era where they like to fine players for high fiving each other too hard.

I don't have a problem with the Cousins hit cause the Eagle didn't hear the whistle, what I have a problem with is when you look at the film he ran past a ref who was within 5-10 yrds of him who SHOULD have been blowing a whistle and the Eagle can't hear it? ok. most likely that ref was not blowing his whistle though. Clearly he had the tunnel vision cause if he would have looked beyond Cousins in his line of sight he would have seen the back judge waving his arms calling the play dead.

Our offensive linemen clearly acted like they knew there was a whistle as they didn't block.  It's hard to claim that Eagles players didn't hear the whistle...

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  Never said I wasn't biased...all fans are.  But I can recognize a cheap shot when I see one, which I stated Jenkins did, as well as the shellacking of Manning by Eagles, and Baker. 

Watching Cox crush Cousins, yes it looks bad.  Only "excuse" would be if they did not hear the whistle due to crowd noise.  That's on the refs, IMO, if that's the case. 

Not only did Cox take an open shot on Cousins, but he blew him up, off his feet and landed with all his body weight on him.

The language prohibits "unnecessarily or violently throw him down and land on top of him with all or most of the defender’s weight."

This should have been an easy call.

Understand and probably nothing to be gained with the UR part of it.  My point was there was no way he was getting involved in that play as Breeland was going down.  Kind of like a PR/KR where a player is trailing the play and gets lit up even though he doesn't have a prayer to catch the returner. 

since the hit happened at almost the exact moment of breelands knee coming down, i cant see how one could say foles didnt have a prayer of being involved, therefore the hits cheap. 

Tonight we will get another "test" of the refs.  Because of our team name REDSKINS, I am guessing there will be at least 2 obvious calls that are either called incorrectly, or not called, depending on how it will hurt the REDSKINS. 

We have seen this in both of our loses and (in my opinion) in at the end of the eagles/colts game (those two calls really benefited the eagles, so they hurt/ were against the REDSKINS.)  That makes 3 weeks with at least 1 very obvious call that was made that directly hurt the REDSKINS chances of winning.  So, in light of that and tonight's game all I have to say is: 

REDSKINS   REDSKINS   REDSKINS    REDSKINS    REDSKINS    REDSKINS    REDSKINS    REDSKINS   REDSKINS    REDSKINS

Tonight we will get another "test" of the refs.  Because of our team name REDSKINS, I am guessing there will be at least 2 obvious calls that are either called incorrectly, or not called, depending on how it will hurt the REDSKINS. 

We have seen this in both of our loses and (in my opinion) in at the end of the eagles/colts game (those two calls really benefited the eagles, so they hurt/ were against the REDSKINS.)  That makes 3 weeks with at least 1 very obvious call that was made that directly hurt the REDSKINS chances of winning.  So, in light of that and tonight's game all I have to say is: 

REDSKINS   REDSKINS   REDSKINS    REDSKINS    REDSKINS    REDSKINS    REDSKINS    REDSKINS   REDSKINS    REDSKINS

Every fanbase thinks the refs are against them.  Bad calls, like bad bounces even themselves out over the course of the season.  Take Peters this weekend...He was just trying to pat Baker on the helmet to say, "don't do that again" and what happens...? Disqualification!  So unfair.

Every fanbase thinks the refs are against them.  Bad calls, like bad bounces even themselves out over the course of the season.  Take Peters this weekend...He was just trying to pat Baker on the helmet to say, "don't do that again" and what happens...? Disqualification!  So unfair.

Bad/missed calls are fine, but when plays are reviewed and the refs still get it wrong while the head of refs from NY says on TV that the refs got it wrong and we can see that it is wrong, it makes you wonder.  When no call is made and then after a reply on the in-stadium screen is shown and then a flag comes out, it makes you wonder.  When a team is penalized 18 million dollars two straight years for violating a non-existent cap, it makes you wonder.  So, yes, I am a little paranoid, but that doesn't mean I am wrong. 

Let's see what happens tonight.

because of the penalties...thats how the announcer's described it.   

you guys actually got lucky on that play - no penalty yardage against you for a cheap hit, AND, we lose our all pro LT and are down to offensive linemen 5,7,8,9,10

it was cool up this ... we got lucky?  we lost a starter on defense in a thin position ... our 4th defensive starter in that game in addition to a key back-up at one of our weakest positions.  And the Eagles?  no penalty yardage for attacking a player? 

Did anyone else see that they TACKLED our defensive player (didn't get to see who because they didn't replay it) and they didn't call it on the second to last play?  These refs are incompetent at best; quite possibly corrrupt as well. The "incompletion" that Gruden challenged was CLEARLY a reception! You could see the blades of grass come up when he dragged his feet! Are these guys watching replays on a 1965 Quasar or are they just incompetent?!

I haven't read all of the posts so please excuse if this has been posted. The referees have made football unwatchable. I don't care if the Skins get every call, the refs have taken any flow out of the game. Maybe the goal is to eliminate any momentum, I really don't know. It is sad that after every play I look for the yellow indicator on the TV. 

The "incompletion" that Gruden challenged was CLEARLY a reception! You could see the blades of grass come up when he dragged his feet! Are these guys watching replays on a 1965 Quasar or are they just incompetent?!

DJax hit the ground out of bounds and the ball immediately popped out. That's an incompletion every time nowadays. If he stays on his feet, of course it's a complete pass. Probably impossible to do in many cases, but receivers have to avoid going to the ground when heading out of bounds on catches if at all possible. I was right with you until I went back and looked at the play again in real-time, since CBS never showed a replay showing him falling down. Once I saw that, I knew we had no chance at the call reversal, and knew once again the Redskins made a really stupid challenge based on emotion and NOT what actually occurred. Just one of so many things on this team that have to get fixed if we're going to be close to competitive in the future.

it amazes me how we can go week after week and watch out guys get blatantly mugged and held and cheap shotted with no calls, but no one else apparently ever holds redskin defenders or receivers. the giants oline got called for holding.... in the final two minutes of the 4th quarter.

that brush to sheli's helmet was incidental, a non call for everyone else. nope, not for the redskins, it's 15 yards every time.

im not blaming how bad we suck as a team on.the refs, but the calls seem awfully lopsided. damn near every drive last night that didnt end in an interception was killed by some kind of penalty. that never seems to happen to other teams.. why?

I think the refs are sending a change your name message. I watched Rak and Kerrigan get sleeper held from behind multiple times right in front of the ref and no call was ever made. Paulsen gets tossed aside by the DL and gets part of the jersey inside the numbers and gets called for holding. Hate to say it but there is a bias against us. They want the name changed.

BybUh47CMAAb9Fe.jpg

Agreed. You could see that pretty clear once they zoomed in. But the refs would have upheld the call anyway. Even though it's obvious the ball moved left before it hit the ground.

Pretty sure the Giants returner touched that ball and changed its course....

The broadcast team looked the other way, as they did with multiple questionable calls last night.

DJax hit the ground out of bounds and the ball immediately popped out. That's an incompletion every time nowadays. If he stays on his feet, of course it's a complete pass. Probably impossible to do in many cases, but receivers have to avoid going to the ground when heading out of bounds on catches if at all possible. I was right with you until I went back and looked at the play again in real-time, since CBS never showed a replay showing him falling down. Once I saw that, I knew we had no chance at the call reversal, and knew once again the Redskins made a really stupid challenge based on emotion and NOT what actually occurred. Just one of so many things on this team that have to get fixed if we're going to be close to competitive in the future.

Okay .. I'll take yer word fer it. I didn't see Jax drop the ball since SeeB.S. BLOWS in their football coverage and showed very few crucial replays .. and did anyone catch if that asshole Simms slipped up and said "Redskins" as he claimed he wouldn't last night? Since I absolutely HATE him and Nantz (seriously .. that dullard should only be doing play-by-play at funerals, he's so bad!) .. I had the sound turned down and listened to Sonny and Chris. 

Archived