Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Couple of points on the Ref calls in the game

Havenless

Pretty sure the Giants returner touched that ball and changed its course....

The broadcast team looked the other way, as they did with multiple questionable calls last night.

I think you may be right, but unless they had video evidence that was not shown on TV, there is no way they would reverse the on-field call.

I think the refs are sending a change your name message. I watched Rak and Kerrigan get sleeper held from behind multiple times right in front of the ref and no call was ever made. Paulsen gets tossed aside by the DL and gets part of the jersey inside the numbers and gets called for holding. Hate to say it but there is a bias against us. They want the name changed.

It happened on at least 70% of our defensive plays against the E-gals too.  They could absolutely mug and take our player's wallets from the locker room and the refs wouldn't call offensive holding against our opponents. But they'll call it against us 100% of the time. Someone said "I don't think the refs are out to get us";  I disagree. It's been pretty obvious, especially this season!

If you read this site, you would believe that Orakpo would average 48 sacks per year if the refs were not engaged in a conspiracy to prevent that from occurring.

I thought the issue on the Jackson catch that while he did drag both feet, he only had one hand the ball when he did it. There were some odd plays in that game in general.

Orakpo has been using the same move with the same result for years.  It is very rarely called a hold on anybody.

It wasn't going to change this year.  In that situation, if you are the rusher, you have to knock down the OLs hand and/or change direction.

I think where everybody gets confused is that he does that inside uppercut and, yes, that leads to a lineman basically on his back. But he never disengages from the lineman. They aren't going to call that unless you get some separation on that move.

As far as I can tell, Orakpo never really uses any finesse on his pass rush.

I thought the issue on the Jackson catch that while he did drag both feet, he only had one hand the ball when he did it. There were some odd plays in that game in general.

Nope, it was just as the ref said (for once), DJax didn't maintain possession of the ball throughout the catch. That's code for "ball popped out when he hit the ground". If it had been his feet, I think the ref would have simply said that he did not get both feet in bounds.

So during the Eagles-Niners game, they just said that the NFL gave the officials a "correct call" in penalizing Baker on the Foles hit and that the NFL should have let Dean Blandino do the speaking on calls on the field.

Apparently, according to the NFL, we were all right. Gotta love the NFL these days.

So during the Eagles-Niners game, they just said that the NFL gave the officials a "correct call" in penalizing Baker on the Foles hit and that the NFL should have let Dean Blandino do the speaking on calls on the field.

Apparently, according to the NFL, we were all right. Gotta love the NFL these days.

i walked in the room right as i heard the last few sentences. 

so, what is it now? we got penalized (and baker got tossed), two days later, troy vincent (allegedly speaking on behalf of the nfl) says it was a legal hit, now they are saying it wasnt??

i saw mike periera speaking but didnt catch what he said. 

i think i'm still confused. 

i walked in the room right as i heard the last few sentences. 

so, what is it now? we got penalized (and baker got tossed), two days later, troy vincent (allegedly speaking on behalf of the nfl) says it was a legal hit, now they are saying it wasnt??

i saw mike periera speaking but didnt catch what he said. 

i think i'm still confused. 

Periera said that Troy Vincent put the NFL in a box by making those comments and that the only one that should be talking about calls is Blandino. To me there seems to be a disconnect between those reviewing possible suspensions and those reviewing the officials and their calls.

I think the refs are sending a change your name message. I watched Rak and Kerrigan get sleeper held from behind multiple times right in front of the ref and no call was ever made. Paulsen gets tossed aside by the DL and gets part of the jersey inside the numbers and gets called for holding. Hate to say it but there is a bias against us. They want the name changed.

My wife looks at me crazy everytime I've said this.

Archived