Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UPDATE: OTL report says Goodell granted request from Ravens to keep suspension to two games

Sticksboi05

I had heard about this and imagined it would be pretty bad.  After knowing the NFL administration saw this video and only gave him 2 games, I assumed it wasn't that bad.

Now that I've seen it, I am dumb-founded that Goodell only gave him 2 games (where guys get more for drug violations, late hits, etc).

If they saw this and still only gave him 2 games, that's a terrible look for the NFL.

Agreed.

Now I know she's no dummy, 84% of the reason she's with him is because of his money, so I don't blame her for forgiving him and not leaving him.  But staying with a guy who you know is capable of what he did....that's gotta be tough on her parents.

Does the CBA or players union prevent Goodell adding to the suspension?

i would think so, as he's already been "punished" for his crime.  Unfortunately in this situation, it would be kinda weird reopening a case that's already been reviewd and closed by the league...if that makes sense.

I briefly listened to the first part of Czaban's show this morning (in podcast form!) and someone on the show made an interesting point.

Rice's reaction is sort of amazing. He fires off a brutal left. She goes down, hits her head hard, and is out cold. And he basically stands there for a second with a "Here we go again" look on his face. And then he rather slowly starts to move her around (which when you consider how easily he could have injured her neck is probably the wrong move). There's no moment of "Oh, Sweet Jesus, what just happened?"

Does the CBA or players union prevent Goodell adding to the suspension?

Technically, Goodeel has no power to do ANY of this stuff under the CBA. (Or least not under the last CBA. I'm not sure where things stand now).

If the Ravens had any sense of PR or decency they would cut him.  He's hardly irreplaceable on the field (not that that should matter - but it does), and it might help them get out of the hole they dug themselves in.  He should be a pariah, but he got a standing ovation from Ravens fans during camp.  Sickening. 

If the Ravens had any sense of PR or decency they would cut him.  He's hardly irreplaceable on the field (not that that should matter - but it does), and it might help them get out of the hole they dug themselves in.  He should be a pariah, but he got a standing ovation from Ravens fans during camp.  Sickening. 

You know those purple camo wearing idiots will cheer him again in Week 3, yet ridicule Steeler fans for supporting Big Ben.

I briefly listened to the first part of Czaban's show this morning (in podcast form!) and someone on the show made an interesting point.

Rice's reaction is sort of amazing. He fires off a brutal left. She goes down, hits her head hard, and is out cold. And he basically stands there for a second with a "Here we go again" look on his face. And then he rather slowly starts to move her around (which when you consider how easily he could have injured her neck is probably the wrong move). There's no moment of "Oh, Sweet Jesus, what just happened?"

Technically, Goodeel has no power to do ANY of this stuff under the CBA. (Or least not under the last CBA. I'm not sure where things stand now).

Yeah, I noticed that as well. He looked almost bored as he nonchalantly give her a hard left hook and knocks her out cold. It definitely didn't look like a "heat of the moment" emotional outburst and he certainly didn't seem to have any sort of "oh man I ****ed up" reaction. If anything it looked like he was USED to doing that, which is pretty scary. 

What a piece of ****. 

But hey, it could be worse. He could be talking too much on twitter or something.

You know those purple camo wearing idiots will cheer him again in Week 3, yet ridicule Steeler fans for supporting Big Ben.

Just like Steeler fans will rile against them for Ray Lewis. And Redskins fans would cheer just as loudly if Ray Rice were a Redskins.

Let's not pretend that some fan bases are different than others.

Just like Steeler fans will rile against them for Ray Lewis. And Redskins fans would cheer just as loudly if Ray Rice were a Redskins.

Let's not pretend that some fan bases are different than others.

Would not cheer for any Redskin or player on any team I root for. What he did is just dispicable.

Consipracy theory:

Goodell raised the league wide suspension knowing this would come out.

The Ravens can now suspend Rice themselves up to the new punishment.

The Shield is protected yet again/

Honestly, wouldn't surprise me and said something similar on another forum.

Archived