Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TK's Sportsbar: The official '14 season Twitter thread, whatnot free, Almond Milk included, Fat Tire Sponsored

SWFLSkins

Bruce Allen has 28wins in 5seasons. Avg of 5.6 wins per season. Zorn & Spurrier had 24wins in 4years. Avg of 6 wins per season @ESPNRadio980

Thank god hasslet is gone.

@MikeJCotterell Yeah got rid of floods, however famine and epidemics still exist.

@gene_wang The Capt of Titanic: "We are winning on land."

What happen today needs to continue. That noise is what Dan will listen to a force him to drop hammer on Bruce

@JsteelznSkins That or just make the guy the PR President, whatever Lawns and phones, but hire a personnel GM to run the day to day.

@c4man5282 he hears it. Remember when Jim was going to get hired and the fans went nuts. He backed off but then we end up with Zorn lol

@JsteelznSkins Yeah I remember half of ES sending Dan their fan card if change didn't happen

Shawn Lavuao sucks. Ryan Clark sucked. Tracy Porter was both hurt and sucked--a double-dip of total failure. Hell the only FA he signed worth a **** was D-Jax--and we completely lucked into Chip Kelly's stupidity there.

you also forgot about roberts as a slot wr. we spent allot of him when we had moss ! waste of salary cap money on him. sorry would have rather let the other rookie from tulane play grant or moss than roberts. cheaper and more productive

1f602.png1f602.png RT @daldridgetnt Bruce Allen explains it all. Pay no attention to the management behind the curtain:

B6MgoKHCEAEE8Oq.jpg

you also forgot about roberts as a slot wr. we spent allot of him when we had moss ! waste of salary cap money on him. sorry would have rather let the other rookie from tulane play grant or moss than roberts. cheaper and more productive

Or any other Safety, OL available. 

ES lore......c4man5282 ‏@c4man5282  1m

@XThunderDomeX: @c4man5282 @JsteelznSkins part 2..... ” @Redskins @tonyylee

B6MwKE3CEAAl_Dx.jpg

Withe the questions and statements from the media today, HOW doe Bruce Allen justify firing anyone before he gets canned? He said himself, "you can blame ME." So if that's the case, step aside, failure. Get a real GM and start from there. Go cut the grass.

I was foolish enough to buy in to his crap last year when they fired Shanny. How is this any different?

Jay Gruden needs to learn just to shut the hell up.  No coach in recent memory, if ever, said more, at the wrong times, than Jay.  HE needs to improve drastically at being "A coach".  Jay has done a horrible job this year in any measure.  HE needs to do some study.  Maybe he does not have what it takes to make coaching reads.  He's awful, but guess he gets a first year pass.  Bruce is 100X worse.  He is simply dreadful.  Same 'ole same 'ole.....

i think everyone does from the top to bottom. from jay gruden, bruce allen and well haz and bob griffen. everyone needs to say less and just focus on doing the right thing. dare i say it. barf! do what the patriots do. barf. there i said it.

Allen did have a pretty solid draft even without a first round pick. Most teams probably produce a Max of two good players per draft. We may have three if one of our linemen pan out. So Murphy, Breeland and a lineman. Ryan Grant I think will be cut sometime in the future.

As far as free agency, Allen is not going to rely on it. That's what good teams do anyway. Build through the draft.

I simply refuse to blame Allen when Shanahan was coaching.

1f602.png1f602.png RT @daldridgetnt Bruce Allen explains it all. Pay no attention to the management behind the curtain:

Or any other Safety, OL available. 

ES lore......c4man5282 ‏@c4man5282  1m

@XThunderDomeX: @c4man5282 @JsteelznSkins part 2..... ” @Redskins @tonyylee

I can't find the original word doc that I made the fan card with. But if somebody else wants to take it over. Go for it.

Allen did have a pretty solid draft even without a first round pick. Most teams probably produce a Max of two good players per draft. We may have three if one of our linemen pan out. So Murphy, Breeland and a lineman. Ryan Grant I think will be cut sometime in the future.

As far as free agency, Allen is not going to rely on it. That's what good teams do anyway. Build through the draft.

Here was our draft:

2: Trent Murphy - showed some promise, but didn't play much at the beginning and got hurt at the end.

3: Morgan Moses - didn't look great in the time he was on the field and got hurt.

3: Spencer Long - played what, 2 snaps all season?

4: Bashaud Breeland - flashed potential, looks like best pick of this class

5: Ryan Grant - good preseason, but barely saw the field. not sure if he'll see much in 2015 unless we cut one of the starters

6: Lache Seastrunk - cut before season

7: Ted Bolser - cut before season

7: Zach Hocker - cut before season

Breeland looks good and the rest its too hard to say right now. Murphy looked good in the short time we saw him. Long and Moses look like they need work and Grant is stuck behind Jackson, Garcon and Roberts.

Moses is going to be a bust. I see three people who will be starting for us:Murphy, Breeland and Long. Also, we acquired Tress Way this year. Long is just a hunch of mine. Ryan Grant will be cut. Just a fan favorite, that's it.

So it's a pretty good draft if we got three starters.

Could have been four if we had a first rounder.

#Redskins drafted 16 players on D in Haslett's five years. Only EIGHT in top four rounds. FIVE of those 16 picks were in seventh round.

Anybody want to guess who tweeted this one from 980? I'll give you a clue. His name sounds a lot like Piss Fussle.

That is pretty bad though. Shanny loved to draft offensive guys during his time here.

I wish more people could see that this is Shanahans failure.

Bruce Allen (Scott Campbell) has only had one draft.  

Breeland looks good and the rest its too hard to say right now. Murphy looked good in the short time we saw him. Long and Moses look like they need work and Grant is stuck behind Jackson, Garcon and Roberts.

Part of the issue with Grant is that we have no overall plan. We draft a promising guy, yet also allocate FA money to two other guys at the same position. Why? 

We play in a division where every other team is getting top-notch output from WRs they drafted. I understand that we tried that and failed, but we paid a premium for our top-3 WRs in FA (Garcon, Jackson, and Roberts) while all 3 of our division rivals have a fully home-grown WR corps. Just think of the production per dollar difference those teams see over us. And it's not JUST that they are getting acceptable production for cheap, they are getting Dez Bryant, Odell Beckham, etc. 

So, I would rather have seen Grant drafted and put in a position to play. But, you need 1) quality drafting and 2) a coherent plan that doesn't spend both types of NFL currency (FA dollars and draft picks) on the same position. 

The Eagles have fired Tom Gamble, VP of player personnel. It may be announced as “parting ways” with Gamble but it is what it is.

Bruce get on the phone to Hawaii, then bounce that call back over here to Redskins one.

Lou Spanos currently the LB coach with Tennessee..... Maybe pick up the phone

The Eagles have fired Tom Gamble, VP of player personnel. It may be announced as “parting ways” with Gamble but it is what it is.

Bruce get on the phone to Hawaii, then bounce that call back over here to Redskins one.

Lou Spanos currently the LB coach with Tennessee..... Maybe pick up the phone

i wonder if the firing of tom gamble had a chip kelly imprint on it?? just like d jackson.

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 5m5 minutes ago

Also I have nothing against DHall, love the guy has been a class act since joining the Skins. But counting on a 31 year old coming off of

Back to back achilles would be foolish, but something the Skins would do

JsteelzHttr24-7 retweeted

@rwj64 @TMM75 Baker and Olivadotti will be the ones I pay attention to with this turnover. Jay had some say in them two

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 16m16 minutes ago

Also, as others have stated, if you think because Haz is gone the Defensive problems will leave with him your foolish. At the end of the day

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 12m12 minutes ago

Especially the secondary. Can't count on DHall or Amerson at CB, can't continue to not invest in S either

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 15m15 minutes ago

The #Redskins have to invest in the defense to make it better. Needs to develop talent better

ustin Byram @Justin_Byram 15m15 minutes ago

Also have to invest across the board. Have prices but have holes too.

Archived