Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TK's Sportsbar: The official '14 season Twitter thread, whatnot free, Almond Milk included, Fat Tire Sponsored

SWFLSkins

My god the whining from Chris Russell is ridiculous.

He's lost his only source, and really his whole schtick.

All the DC beat guys try to have "their thing" that makes them more interesting and causes people to listen:

Kiem: He actually knows what he's talking about and provides useful information. Generally stays away from too must conjecture, just reports the facts, old school style. He's seen as the knowledgable Godfather of Beat Reporters.

Tandler: He's got the "Need to Know" thing, and tries to offer balanced opinions based on facts. He's seen as the kind Uncle who'll give you good advice.

Diana: She's the HS cheerleader who's not quite as hot as she thinks she is, but knows everybody wants to **** her anyway. (Well, not everybody)

Rick Snider is the Wacky distant relative who's going to tell you what he thinks while chugging on bourbon.

Russll had Haslett. He is the "stir the pot" guy who makes crazy assertions and makes people mad by taking the contrarian point of view. Now that Haslett is gone, he's going to have to find a new Schtick. But he's going to milk the existing Schtick for at least another week or two.

How about this: 

ES WhineBar: The official 2015 off season Twitter thread, fact free, copious speculation, Shenandoah Valley sponsored

Credit given where credit do....with some enhancements or whatnot. Thinking this is the title what with opening the new room for the upper crust. 

TK's Sportsbar: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Almond Milk discontinued, Fat Tire Sponsored

#TelephonesInHawaii RT“@CSNRedskins: What should be Dan Snyder's New Year's resolution? http://ow.ly/GEeZi 

B6RGlCxCEAAhdUJ.jpg

My god the whining from Chris Russell is ridiculous.

.@krashnorris @HTTR24_7 @grayweim @_willcompton Look u guys got what u wanted. .A savior on a white horse is coming. No drama.

@Russellmania980 @krashnorris @HTTR24_7 @grayweim @_willcompton Because Haslett got canned doesn't mean next man up (morris) is better.

@Russellmania980 @krashnorris @HTTR24_7 @grayweim Sorry about your loss.

@AdamSchefter: Redskins setting up DC interviews with 49ers DC Vic Fangio, 49ers DB coach Ed Donatell and SD LB coach Joe Barry, per sources.

Superficially, I really like this. But, my main gripe is that we still have (presumably) Snyder and Allen leading the interview process. Without someone better conducting these interviews, I fear that we'll still only be able to "hit" on coaches and players who have already established themselves elsewhere. 

That means, like we do now at the WR position, we will always pay a premium. I guess it's less important to me in the front office or coaching staff, but it's critical on the field where there's a cap. 

Well, at least they didn't just stop at morris. That's a plus right? For now....

They did the same thing for the HC search even though they had their guy.

I think the slight positive is that the reason they did it for Gruden is that he was still coahing, and they had time to kill. The guys they're setting up interviews with are unemployed, and Morris is not going anywhere.

My ideal scenario is that somebody grabs Morris for a DC position before the 'Skins can, forcing their hand.

AE Eckert @AEEckert

Hey @ESPNRadio980 This show with @1TimMurray & and I think @scottlinn980 this morning was excellent.

Agree with this (Duh)

If you do too, tweet 980 and let them know that we like their hosts like these. Who speak clearly, aren't sarcastic or jerks. Just good radio. Oh, and they can talk about various sports.

I missed the show. But I like both those guys.

See, if we need the front office to be saved from itself, what are we even rooting for? I'd almost rather see their moves blow up until it's blatantly obvious to Snyder that he needs sweeping changes.

People keep saying that. I keep wondering what Snyder would do if he fired Allen.

And I can't come up with 1 good answer. (Rehiring Vinny I think would be absolutely on the table)

So I'm more hopeful we get lucky, rather than experience the abyss and unknown.

Fangio is used to working with a lot more talent than we have but he would be an upgrade for sure.

Assistant coaches who come from strong organizations with great players scare me

Mike Nolan looked awesome in Baltimore and parlayed that into a failed head coaching gig. Every assistant coach out of New England has sucked.

I don't know a lot about Fangio but on the surface he doesn't excite me. That front 7 in San fran was ridiculously talented. They had problems in their secondary that were never really resolved under Fangios tenure

I guess it goes back to my original point, doesn't much matter who we bring in. Our defensive personnel is probably the worst in the NFL. You cannot build a solid unit with crappy players. You just can't.

I missed the show. But I like both those guys.

People keep saying that. I keep wondering what Snyder would do if he fired Allen.

And I can't come up with 1 good answer. (Rehiring Vinny I think would be absolutely on the table)

So I'm more hopeful we get lucky, rather than experience the abyss and unknown.

If I were advising Snyder on what to do, it would be this. I would see if I could hire some old retired NFL GM's to something of a board of directors....and I'd overpay them to do this. I'd task them with hiring a GM to rebuild the Org from top to bottom. That GM would get to do a coaching search and build a new scouting dept. For that 1st year, I'd have everything voice on by this "Gang of 3" Where the majority rules. Once that year is over, I'd thank that group and have the GM roll from there.

And fwiw, two respected veterans, London fletcner and Ryan Clark, have fully endorsed Raheem Morris for DC. So I guess if you're going to put credence in Fletcher's opinion of haslett then you should also listen to his opinion of morris.

Again though, to me it doesn't matter. Our defense is going to suck again next year you can bet your life on it.

i think the common theme here that is being 100 percent missed by so many on this board is that coaching in the NFL ultimately is irrelevant. Any coach who has reached a coordinator position in pro football is a good coach. Period. Give them players to play with and you'll have a good unit. Give them david Amerson, Brandon Merriweather, and Ryan Clark, well.... You get out of it what goes into it

This isn't the 1980s anymore

Remember when San Fran got pissed at allen for not extending the courtesy of following through on their interview request for Fangio last year?

Haha, good times

Stupid organization is consistently stupid.

It appears we've been denied permission o interview Vic.

Source tells @ESPNRadio980 that for now the #Redskins have been denied permission to speak to 49ers DC Vic Fangio.

Remember when San Fran got pissed at allen for not extending the courtesy of following through on their interview request for Fangio last year?

Haha, good times

Further, this reminds me a lot of the cap penalty. Our stupidity and hubris got us into trouble there, too. But people defend our idiocy by saying that the NFL is corrupt. Yes, yes it is. But that doesn't do anything to make the Redskins less stupid.

This San Fran thing is the same. Many said last year that San fran was out of line for being upset. Yes, yes they were. But that doesn't do anything to make the Redskins actions less stupid

Ignorance, hubris, and no class. Triple threat organization. Ladies and gentlemen your Washington Redskins.

Haha, good times

Ah I knew there was something with the 49'ers last year, I forgot the interview we didn't follow through on was for Fangio.. Haha! Every dumb move we make seems to come back and bite us every darn time.. figures.

Archived