Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TK's Sportsbar: The official '14 season Twitter thread, whatnot free, Almond Milk included, Fat Tire Sponsored

SWFLSkins

Bacarri Rambo says his non play was a result of him trying to intercept the play and reading Fitzpatrick eyes. Got out of position & angle

How does David Diehl not even know how to say Orakpo?

Roy Helu says Alfred Blue did nothing unexpected on the punt block. Just beat him because of poor technique. #Redskins

@JsteelznSkinz you hear anymore about the injuries?

@TMM75 Waiting on MRI with Reed on extent of hammy. Barry looking like 3wks right now. High ankles are a nag for big guys

Five observations from #Redskins vs. Texans http://wapo.st/1xyCJIE 

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_TandlerCSN  2m

Jason Hatcher doesn’t remember much about his first sack for the #Redskins http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/hatcher-doesnt-remember-much-about-first-sack-redskin … #RedskinsTalk

BxA-ddUIEAA2CdO.png

Pretty sure announcers already having nightmares about Mike Orakpo being drafted. Twice as many opportunities to mess up the name.

Jay Gruden doesn't look too happy about the injury.

BxBj6qdIUAEYLoz.jpg

Just realized this 3rd and 1 play was unbalanced Line. Williams, Polumbus both on left, Paulsen next to Chester on R

BxBkHJnIIAAMPis.jpg

Find this odd. On Swearinger sack, both Roberts and Reed stay in and block leaving no dump off option.

BxBkrZNIQAAetFC.jpg

ⒽⓉⓉⓇ ②④-⑦ ‏@JsteelznSkinz 51s

All the mistakes yesterday from the Redskins game are fixable. More concerned about injuries in key spots

If you mean J. Reed than I would tell you to be expected.

I stated he wouldn't finish this game an hour before kickoff. And, I felt we shoulda targeted a TE with an extra 3rd in draft. I said, expect him to not finish season.

I'm not hating, I like most, feel kid is a beast. And, obviously would never wish harm on anyone. But, when guys are injured so frequently, it becomes 'predictable'.

I said in draft, it hurts, but time to move on. Seems premature, but being proactive and cutting losses early can save you in future

Anybody that complains about FedExField should closely examine ..This is 45 minutes after final gun @ NRG Stadium. pic.twitter.com/hpKPSmIqhS

BxBlafgCEAAqjU6.jpg

BxBlb4yCIAEBbGW.jpg

BxBldWuCQAA6zlm.jpg

I think I know what my breakdown will be on this week. Hint: Next man up.

Watt was getting to RG to all day long and people want to complain about the lack of deep balls.. Hello? Couldn't protect for 10 yard passes

Rambo on long TD pass "I’ll take the blame for that. I should have been better on that play.” Answered all questions from media. #Redskins

#BnG Video: Texans Crow: Week 1 http://bit.ly/1rvcXMS  #HTTR #Redskins

Barry Cofield was still in a walking boot today, but didn't speak to reporters about his ankle.

Adam Hayward says all of the problems on special teams are easily correctable.

Robert Griffin III hadn't yet watched film. Said he'll talk on Wednesday.

Redskins vs. Texans: Offensive Grades http://riggosrag.com/?p=21092 

Though some have addressed Rice situation on Twitter, including @NachoLyfe, #Redskins were not eager to talk about it in the locker room.

#Redskins DL Barry Cofield was still in a walking boot this morning. Declined to speak to reporters.

#Redskins safety Bacarri Rambo owned up to his coverage blunder. "I didn't see the guy. I'll take the blame for that."

So a lot of people blamed RG3 for leaving Polumbus out to dry on this play for rolling out. I have a new question.

BxBqkwQIMAAANob.jpg

NFL is always about trends. A trend over the last two years that has caught steam is this drag screen play.

The #Redskins special teams not so special in loss to Texans - #HTTR http://dld.bz/dwVCh 

You basically put 3 guys to one side, have them run down the field and block while the isolation man runs a drag underneath.

Redskins have Y-Trips to right side with Garcon isolated on left.

BxBrQveIMAAv_Vp.jpg

Logan blocks middle of the field, Roberts slows up to block slot CB and D.Jax trots out to block outside CB. Garcon?

BxBraRWIQAAOr-F.jpg

Garcon is out of the screen but doesnt appear to run the drag. Couldnt be to Helu either because hes picking up blitz

BxBrhIaIYAArWei.jpg

So OF COURSE the QB is going to try and bail out of the pocket when the only route called isn't run.

#Redskins vs. Texans: The Turning Points - #HTTR http://riggosrag.com/2014/09/08/redskins-vs-texans-turning-points/ …

The #Redskins have elected captains for 2014. One notable change from last season: http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/redskins-elect-captains … #RedskinsTalk

I think this is going to be a storyline for the week.  My thread about this was locked, for what, I don't know...but I do think it's curious that he wasn't voted a captain by his teammates.

After playing on opening drive, rookie Bashaud Breeland lined up for a total of 7 snaps on defense Sunday.

#Redskins receiver play count: D. Jackson 60 P. Garcon 56 A. Roberts 49 R. Grant 5 A. Robinson 5. Jordan Reed had 7 snaps before injury.

S Duke Ihenacho didn't play a snap on defense. Got to figure that will change this week.

Roy Helu, when asked if #Redskins lost Sunday's game or #Texans won it: "Doesn't matter. We have a loss."

Third RB Silas Redd did not see the field on offense Sunday.

If you mean J. Reed than I would tell you to be expected.

I stated he wouldn't finish this game an hour before kickoff. And, I felt we shoulda targeted a TE with an extra 3rd in draft. I said, expect him to not finish season.

I'm not hating, I like most, feel kid is a beast. And, obviously would never wish harm on anyone. But, when guys are injured so frequently, it becomes 'predictable'.

I said in draft, it hurts, but time to move on. Seems premature, but being proactive and cutting losses early can save you in future

Agreed

Chris Russell has stated many times that ppl in the organization think he's soft

Redskins S Bacarri Rambo on surrendering 76-yard touchdown to Texans WR DHopkins in 17-6 loss at Houston: ‘I didn’t see him get free’

Redskins S Rambo adds re coverage lapse v Houston: “It’s my fault. I’ll take the blame for it. I should have been better on that play"

Adam Hayward says all of the problems on special teams are easily correctable.

Thanks for all the tweets and info Paul.  Just wanted to say that from another "Paul," my real name, before I send this message to Adam.

"Then Correct Them!!!"  Seriously, Adam, we hear this **** every week.  Correct them already.  Correct them, correct them, correct them!!!  I swear this team needs to stop talking and start doing. Stop getting kicks and punts blocked.  Just stop it!!

Whew, I feel better. :angry:  ;)

Cofield has a high ankle sprain, could miss some time, Gruden said.

#Redskins HC Jay Gruden: "Cofield has a high ankle sprain (worst)..."Jordan Reed has a mild hamstring strain."

Gruden said Cofield has a high ankle sprain "and it looks like he could miss some time." He and Reed (hamstrings) had MRIs today.

Gruden: Cofield has high ankle sprain and could miss some time and Jordan Reed has mild hamstring strain and could miss time. MRIs for both

Cofield high ankle, could miss "some time". Reed “mild” hamstring, could also miss “some time”.

Gruden says Cofield and Reed seem like they will miss time. Not good. Watch here: http://www.csnwashington.com/redskins-live-stream … #RedskinsTalk

Baker will take over as starting NT.

Baker will likely take over as the starting nose tackle.

Baker will start at NT for the #Redskins while Cofield is out.

Gruden says no Jordan Reed hurts in red zone but also big part of offense other areas.

Reed coming out made things "difficult" on #Redskins. "He was a major part of the game plan, particularly in red zone," Gruden said.

#Redskins HC Jay Gruden: says it was difficult to overcome Reed's injury ...Cofield is a possibility for short term I-R.

Gruden liked balance of the offense. Two minute offense called for passing.

Depending on results of the MRI, plus his nagging groin injury/sports hernia surgery, Cofield may be a candidate for short-term IR.

Gruden said 14 passes were in two-minute drill. 50-50 run-pass balance other than that.

#Redskins HC Jay Gruden: says that it wasn't really the run/.pass balance that was the problem - it was more the boot & reverse game.

Gruden "we had some monumental mistakes that you can't have in pro football."

Offense, defense, special teams all had hand in this loss.

Gruden says monumental mistakes can't happen if you want to win. #Redskins

Gruden unhappy w lack of success on reverse and bootlegs.

#Redskins HC Jay Gruden: "If I had to do it all over again, I probably would have run the ball more than I did."

Gruden said he wished he had run the ball more in Houston.

As if he heard @funnydanny earlier, Gruden says 'if he could do it all over again he would run the ball more' #RedskinsTalk

Alfred Morris Lighting Up Jadeveon Clowney http://sbnation.com/e/5886942 

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo  48m

Gruden thinks Ihenacho could be ready for more production on defense and special teams next week

Also said Ihenacho should be ready to play some snaps on defense next week.

#Redskins HC Jay Gruden: Says Griffin and the offense was "not quite good enough" and took a poor timing sack in the two minute.

Gruden thought RG3 was pretty good. He did compete 75-80 percent of his passes but 6 points is not good enough. #Redskins

Gruden on griffin's play: did some good things but ultimately not enough.

Gruden said "we could've done better in the first half. First half I was poor"

#Redskins HC Jay Gruden: "Took some shots and some play actions and I failed miserably" Also says third downs on both units were a problem.

Gruden points to third downs as top area defense needed to improve.

Third downs were a big issue, Gruden said. #Texans' defense got off the field. Redskins' unit didn't.

Gruden says the #Redskins need to do a better job defensively getting 3rd down stops. I nodded.

Biggest take away. Gruden wishes they ran the ball more. By the way, Gruden is not afraid to call himself out and his players performance

Gruden said Griffin needed better exit angle and Morris changed his hands rather than keeping pocket to accept the handoff.

Gruden said Griffin could have done a better job getting away from Lichtensteiger on the fumble play.

Gruden says working out players at TE but that he's not sure how much a guy off streets would help.

Gruden said the team will work out a few tight ends this week but will find out the severity of Reed's injury before making a decision.

Gruden said the #Redskins will work out some TEs this week -- just in case Reed misses time.

#Redskins HC Jay Gruden: says the Redskins will work some guys out at TE this week. Tom Compton can help.

Gruden couldn't tell if Forbath PAT was low. Said Golston's block was "a little bit soft"

Gruden on blocked punt "Roy was just out to lunch on that play"

Helu "was out to lunch" on the punt that got blocked, Gruden said.

#Redskins HC Jay Gruden: "We want to find the severity of Jordan's injury before we go crazy." Also adds that they are fearing a while.

Redskins going to work out some TEs in case Jordan Reed out some time; Gruden pleased with LPaulsen & NPaul but may need more depth.

Gruden says Helu said he was a little winded and lost focus. Had been in on third down.

Gruden says Orakpo "didn't really flash" but added he didn't have lot of opportunities to rush.

Quotes like this will make me love Jay Gruden. RT @ZacBoyer: Gruden on the punt block: "Roy just was out to lunch on that play."

#Redskins HC Jay Gruden: says that "we were supposed to have somebody trail (Hopkins) underneath." on the TD that Rambo blew.

Gruden liked how Breeland did in limited nickel reps.

On the Hopkins touchdown, there was a busted coverage. But ...Gruden said Rambo has to get Hopkins on the ground.

You can tell how much trust Jay has in RG3 being his QB. If he had a do over he would of ran more,

Gruden added that Helu was "winded" on the blocked punt after being in on offense. Might have to make a change at that spot on punt team.

Redskins Head Coach Jay Gruden 9/8 Presser http://sbnation.com/e/5886988 

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980  44m

#Redskins HC Jay Gruden: "Overall, Andre (Roberts) is a damn good football player." & on OL says Kory & Chester had pretty good games.

Gruden making it very clear third downs are a problem for this team. Andre Roberts, DeSean Jackson and Pierre need to touch the ball more

Gruden said Steiger was good. Williams gave up sack. Lauvao gave up some pressures. Chester played okay. Polumbus gave up sack/pressures.

Third downs among Redskins' issues: An examination of what the Redskins must do after their 17-16 lo... http://es.pn/1s4HyVH  #Redskins

Jordan Reed, Barry Cofield may miss multiple games: http://www.timesdispatch.com/redskins-xtra/te-jordan-reed-nt-barry-cofield-may-miss-multiple-games/article_16d8ae20-378e-11e4-88a9-0017a43b2370.html … #Redskins

Gruden said that Cofield missing time for his ankle will also give the NT some needed rest for his groin muscle, which is also still sore.

Jordan Reed Injury Update; Possibly Out For Multiple Weeks http://sbnation.com/e/5887126 

John Keim ‏@john_keim  5m

Third downs among #Redskins' issues ...http://es.pn/WHcPBJ 

Expect #Redskins DT Barry Cofield to miss three weeks or more with a high-ankle sprain. Not an easy one to return from.

Gruden said that after watching film, RG3's decision making was "pretty good" Sunday. Should have thrown ball away on two of the sacks.

Been hearing for 10+ years that mistakes are fixable. Yet, the same mistakes keep happening game after game, year after year. How long do we/should we wait until they are fixed? I'd really like an answer.

When is the last time we had a Coach say losing made him feel sick? I like a guy that can't stand losing, he'll work on it. 

Packers reportedly took a look at former #Redskins running back Lache Seastrunk this afternoon. http://cbsloc.al/1qHUM9e 

Archived