Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I only got to watch the last 4 minutes of the game, so I don't know what happened the previous 36 other than they clearly couldn't score. But what has always frustrated me about Turgeon was on display tonight. They fight to get back into the game by driving the ball to the hole and getting to the foul line. I'll give credit to Turgeon for that. That is something that is generally a coach asking his players to do late in the game in that situation. But after they cut it to 3 and they have the video review of the turnover, the wheels fall off.

You come out of a timeout and you don't draw up a play to get the ball in bounds? What are you talking about in the huddle? I'm going to assume he was talking about taking a 3, because after Seton Hall misses their free throws, Cowen jacks up a bad 3. If he drives to the hole like they had been, they either score or go back to the line. The 1 out of 2 free throw trip by Seton Hall is a 1 possession gamea and not a 2 possession game like it was. But there was a switch in the strategy late that makes no sense and it came after a timeout. This is where coaching matters. The last minute of the game. Turgeon just can't coach it when it matters. 

3 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Football and basketball are the big sports to the fans. But to the school and the athletic department, success in all sports is what they measure. And from what I have observed, MD has been very successful in a lot of the other sports. I want to see them succeed in basketball and football, but from an athletic department standpoint, they have been extremely successful in the B1G.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2019 at 9:38 PM, Redskin4ever said:

Regarding the football team. I would feel much better about this season had they beat Temple, like they should have, and had they beat Indiana, which I don't think they should lose to Indiana either. We know they aren't good enough to compete with Penn State, Michigan, and Ohio State. That doesn't even count Minnesota who is probably the second best team in the conference. So these blowout losses where these teams are trying to make a point, it is what it is. But losing earlier to the teams they should beat really makes this season disappointing. 

At this point, we are the team others should be beating. We’ve got a long way to go. If only Locks could coach even half as well as he recruits. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Sisko said:

At this point, we are the team others should be beating. We’ve got a long way to go. If only Locks could coach even half as well as he recruits. 

I thought when he came to HC, he was going to be more of the coaching GM and let his OC/DC call the plays. I think he would be his strength. recruiting players and coaches...and putting them both in situations to succeed. I don't think on gameday with him calling plays, that's a winning formula.

52 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I thought when he came to HC, he was going to be more of the coaching GM and let his OC/DC call the plays. I think he would be his strength. recruiting players and coaches...and putting them both in situations to succeed. I don't think on gameday with him calling plays, that's a winning formula.

He's not calling the plays.

He helps with the offensive gameplan but OC Scottie Montgomery is the playcaller.

Scouting Report on Rakim Jarrett

The following is 247Sports' scouting report on Jarrett: "Good frame and added upper-body strength and size after junor season. Has slot ability and can play wide. Outstanding body control.

Accelerates well out of breaks. Knows how to set up a route. Soft, strong hands. Physical on contested throws. Elite speed and stop-start ability. Tough to re-route on jams."