Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Huge shot by Morsell. Just huge. I was not happy for most of the game, but what I liked was that on a night when nothing went right, they showed resiliency and won. Minnesota couldn't miss early on. Maryland couldn't shoot most of the night and early on missed a ton of shots right around the basket. The refs were atrocious in the first half. It was probably the worst half of basketball they played all year. Yet they fought and fought the whole game. You can't control when some guy on the other team makes 3s when that's not his thing. You can't control when the other team can't miss. You certainly can't control the officiating, even more so when it's terrible. But you can control how you play. I'm always impressed with teams that fight through all that stuff and win. It would have been easy for them to just throw in the towel and blame the refs or just say it's Minnesota's night. But they didn't. They gave it all they had until the final buzzer. I'm still too wired to sleep. 

Edited by Redskin4ever
  • Like 2

Watched the second half.  One thing I absolutely love is seeing is the bench excited.  Cheering and encouraging their teammates on the floor.  Love that.

With about 8 minutes left in the game, there were some huge steals by Morsell and Wiggins that led to dunks.  Great defense leads to offense.  That's the staple of this team imo.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Watched the second half.  One thing I absolutely love is seeing is the bench excited.  Cheering and encouraging their teammates on the floor.  Love that.

With about 8 minutes left in the game, there were some huge steals by Morsell and Wiggins that led to dunks.  Great defense leads to offense.  That's the staple of this team imo.

Yup, nailed it, that’s the identity of this team. Quite similar to the girls also. Play great D, and out tough, and out will the opposition. They are taking on the character and disposition of their leaders, Cowan, Morsell, and Stix.

Shout out to Wiggins, who had a really good game off the bench, and hit the non-Morsell shot of the game, the 3 from up top that cut the 8 point lead to 5 with 1:59 left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Izzo took Turgeon to school to start the game. It was a great rally in the middle of the half, but Michigan St just looks like they wanted it more that half.

@abdcskins, I was telling my wife the same thing on that shot by Winston. All Cowan has to do is just stay in front of him to make that shot a little difficult. It’s not a jump shot where he can adjust and make it over good defense. It’s a heave. Cowan just stood there and watched him take a good run at it like it was the halftime shot by a fan. Just stay in front of him there. What else do you have to do on that play.

Got what they deserved that half. Too many mistakes. Cowan with another stinker, Morsell with a number of bone headed plays, and Ayala and Wiggins can’t hit anything. Surprised they’re only down 11.

Terps gotta tighten up their defense, and either switch on those screens, or get their rotations right when they want to fight over and help. 

Can’t keep having these bad starts, and make big comebacks, gonna catch up to you eventually. Especially against well coached teams like MSU. 

Transition defense just horrible. That is effort, and the Terps aren’t giving enough.

Edited by Long n Left