Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

7 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Noooooooo! So wack. NCAA is next I'm sure of it. There goes the Terps chance to shine.

The good news is we get to imagine that it would have been their chance to shine. We don’t have to live through the disappointment that would have come. So now we can talk about how there best chance to win was cancelled by a virus.

16 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

The good news is we get to imagine that it would have been their chance to shine. We don’t have to live through the disappointment that would have come. So now we can talk about how there best chance to win was cancelled by a virus.

Ha, I suppose that is a good way to look at it.  Still, I would have liked to see what would have happened.  Feel really bad for Cowan, he had a hell of a year and it would have been nice to see him excel and lead the team to a B1G championship or run to the Final 4.

Team is going to be very different next year without Cowan and Stix more than likely declaring for the NBA draft.  Wiggins may declare as well, although I think coming back and being the #1 scoring option is best for upping his stock.  Hopefully Marial can develop his offensive skills.  Ayala, Morsell, Scott, Lindo, Serrel Smith, Hakim Hart.  Marcus Dockery is our only recruit and he isn't even in the top 175. 

I love this team and college basketball.  March is my favorite time of year by far.  Sad day.

27 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Ha, I suppose that is a good way to look at it.  Still, I would have liked to see what would have happened.  Feel really bad for Cowan, he had a hell of a year and it would have been nice to see him excel and lead the team to a B1G championship or run to the Final 4.

Team is going to be very different next year without Cowan and Stix more than likely declaring for the NBA draft.  Wiggins may declare as well, although I think coming back and being the #1 scoring option is best for upping his stock.  Hopefully Marial can develop his offensive skills.  Ayala, Morsell, Scott, Lindo, Serrel Smith, Hakim Hart.  Marcus Dockery is our only recruit and he isn't even in the top 175. 

I love this team and college basketball.  March is my favorite time of year by far.  Sad day.

Next year will be interesting. I'm surprised he doesn't have any better players coming in. He has done a really good job recruiting talented players. Next year's class is just meh at best. They have no big men coming in, but you would expect some late signees now that the Mitchell's are gone. But how good will they really be?

9 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

Next year will be interesting. I'm surprised he doesn't have any better players coming in. He has done a really good job recruiting talented players. Next year's class is just meh at best. They have no big men coming in, but you would expect some late signees now that the Mitchell's are gone. But how good will they really be?

Yeah.  Tomaic is our only other big to go with Lindo, Scott, and Marial.  There will be some late signees and/or transfers.  No idea how many are available, we will find out in the coming months.  Recruiting is Turgeon's strong suit so there is hope.  There is also a 10% Stix comes back, but I doubt it.  His stock is really high right now and is a potential lottery pick.  We will be top 25 ranked next year with our returning players.  The quartet of Wiggins/Ayala/Scott/Morsell is good enough to compete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ricky Lindo and Joshua Tomaic are transferring. Surprised by both, they would have gotten lots of playing time next year. Marial and Scott are our only bigs right now. Bench is gonna be super thin. Turgeon better step up trying to recruit some grad transfers. He also better start working on that 2021 class, cuz the team is lacking talent beyond the starting 5. Morsell will be graduating and there is no guarantee Wiggins returns, assuming he has a strong junior year.

• Sad 1