Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

When this team isn't making outside shots, they aren't beating any upper echelon teams. They don't have the size to hang down low. Lack of depth was obvious tonight. 

Michigan State had an extra day rest and it showed. With College Gameday there and everything I don't think the Terps were ready to shine. 

Game at Rutgers has become critical. Still have a chance to earn that regular season title.

Michigan St was the better team tonight. They executed offense, made shots, and played good defense. MD looked lost for the majority of the game. I was disappointed (but not surprised) that MD didn’t make a single defensive adjustment until there were 9 minutes left in the game. They started pressing the backcourt and it slowed Michigan St down. Ultimately, they still made the shots they had to make whenever MD made a run, but you could see it made a difference. Why wait until that point to do that? 

MD will always get in trouble against a team that plays good defense. They don’t really run plays to get guys open. So if Cowan or anyone else can’t beat their man on the dribble, the offense is generally going to take a tough shot and hope it goes in. I know at times they do run plays, but they generally have nothing when they get in trouble and need a basket. It’s frustrating to watch at times.

Gotta beat Rutgers.  You would think MD would come out with a strong effort after a letdown against Michigan State.  Rutgers is at home and is rested, they last played on 2/26 against Penn State.  They are a slight favorite, they've played well this year, not the typical Rutgers of old.  Not sure how it plays out, but I'm predicting a hard fought win by the Terps.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 6:32 PM, Fight4RGIII said:

Gotta win tonight or they will probably be looking at a 4 seed unless they make a run in the Big Ten Tournament. 

They might be looking at a 4 seed in the B1G tournament. They could potentially be in a 4 way tie for 1st heading into the weekend.

Edited by Redskin4ever