Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Team can't shoot. No movement on offense. All that talk got to Trimble's head. He's a great player but needs to learn how to finish consistently. Take better shots, team as a whole does.

Maryland hasn't exactly had the toughest schedule. They are starting to realize what kind of level of play it takes to be the rest.

If you don't watch the games, your not much of a fan.  Kind of weird to me.

I just had a bad feeling and I didn't feel like getting pissed off.  I would watch some of the movie I had on the DVR.  About every 15-20 minutes, I'd switch over to check the score. It just got worse and worse.  I finally stopped flipping over and watched the end of the movie.  Been a MD fan since the early 80s.  I watched the end of Buck Williams career, when they had Adrian Branch, Jeff Adkins and company.  I watched Len Bias' entire career and shed tears the day he died. I attended some MD football games, one in which Boomer Esiason was a QB and we beat Virginia at Byrd stadium.  I attended another college and still remain loyal to the Terps along with my Alma Mater.  I've been a fan for a long time, so you basically have ZERO right to determine who is and isn't fan. You don't like what I post, put me on ignore. Could give a rats ass if you do.

I just had a bad feeling and I didn't feel like getting pissed off.  I would watch some of the movie I had on the DVR.  About every 15-20 minutes, I'd switch over to check the score. It just got worse and worse.  I finally stopped flipping over and watched the end of the movie.  Been a MD fan since the early 80s.  I watched the end of Buck Williams career, when they had Adrian Branch, Jeff Adkins and company.  I watched Len Bias' entire career and shed tears the day he died. I attended some MD football games, one in which Boomer Esiason was a QB and we beat Virginia at Byrd stadium.  I attended another college and still remain loyal to the Terps along with my Alma Mater.  I've been a fan for a long time, so you basically have ZERO right to determine who is and isn't fan. You don't like what I post, put me on ignore. Could give a rats ass if you do.

Cheering on them to drop out of the top 25 while not watching them is odd if you are a fan.  I don't get it, that's all I am saying.  The team is 2nd in the big 10.  It's the best MD team under Turgeon, the lost a ton of scholarship players due to transfer.  They are better than anyone on this board would have imagined.

Why wish them to be unranked?  And ditto on the ignore.

Oh and BTW, only 1 of their 3 losses was to a unranked opponent, and that opponent was previously ranked.

Edited by chipwhich
  • Like 1

PJ is very reactionary, boom or gloom - pretty quickly, from what I've gathered here over the years.

While I don't agree with wishing them out of the top 25, it is becoming very clear that they aren't as good as they previously looked.  I suspected that anyways.  The last few games have exposed thier lack of force down low.  Everyone is just trying to create their own shots off the dribble and as stated above, Melo is just aimlessly taking it to the hole with no real plan outside of "please foul me".

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

Cheering on them to drop out of the top 25 while not watching them is odd if you are a fan. I don't get it, that's all I am saying. The team is 2nd in the big 10. It's the best MD team under Turgeon, the lost a ton of scholarship players due to transfer. They are better than anyone on this board would have imagined.

Why wish them to be unranked? And ditto on the ignore.

Oh and BTW, only 1 of their 3 losses was to a unranked opponent, and that opponent was previously ranked.

Cool. You root for them your way. I'll root for them my way.

PJ is very reactionary, boom or gloom - pretty quickly, from what I've gathered here over the years.

While I don't agree with wishing them out of the top 25, it is becoming very clear that they aren't as good as they previously looked. I suspected that anyways. The last few games have exposed thier lack of force down low. Everyone is just trying to create their own shots off the dribble and as stated above, Melo is just aimlessly taking it to the hole with no real plan outside of "please foul me".

I'm really trying to work on that. I've had some things go on in my personal life and things still going on in my personal life that have effected me over the years. I mean no one any harm in here. I've tried to not be so reactionary so quick, but my teams pull at my heart and I always want to see them do well. Like your username, I've truly been a battered fan for a long time. I'm in the process of going to counseling about my high anxieties and not projecting the worst in life. It takes time.

this team isnt that good.

Not good enough offensively or defensively.

However, they got some moxie which will see them win games.

Not as high I was a few weeks ago, but I still feel this a good side.

Agreed.  And given expectations, the team is better than anyone expected.

I will stand by my previous statement.  This team can be 1 and done in the NCAA tourney, or they could make a deep run.  Neither would surprise me.

• Like 1

This team is built like a lot of mid majors who make deep runs. They rely on guard play and good shooting bigs (layman a prime example, Smotrycz in name only, since he sucks). That means they could make a run, or be the big name team upset by the mid major. There is nothing in their game that gives them a tactical advantage over a mid major. They just have to rely on superior skill and athletic ability. It's great if it works, but looks awful if it doesn't.

When the team shoots well, they win.  When they don't, they lose.  It really is quite that simple.  The have no one who can score in the paint, and rely on breaking their defenders for open shots.  Trimble is at his best driving to the rim, he either makes spectacular layups or he doesn't.  Wells is a streaky shooter.  Honestly, the biggest x-factor is Wiley and Nickens imo.  They have the ability to light it up from beyond the arc.  Layman too.

http://www.csnbaltimore.com/ncaa-maryland-terps/tino-ellis-dematha-maryland-4-star-target-sets-commitment-date

4-star local prospect has Maryland in top 5

Four-star 2016 wide receiver Tino Ellis of DeMatha (Md.) has set his announcement date for July 31, 2015, he announced via Twitter on Thursday evening. He also announced his current top five which are, in no order, Maryland, Rutgers, West Virginia, Wake Forest, and Virginia Tech.

Ellis is a ranked by Rivals.com as the No. 133 overall prospect in the nation in his class, including the No. 28 wide receiver and the No. 7 prospect in the state of Maryland. Maryland currently has three commits in the class of 2016, two of whom are teammates of Ellis at DeMatha -- running back Lorenzo Harrison and athlete Darryl Turner.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Click to read the rest

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/maryland-womens-basketball-is-unbeaten-in-big-ten-but-focused-on-no-20-iowa/2015/01/31/e0ca9e62-a8e7-11e4-a06b-9df2002b86a0_story.html

Maryland women’s basketball is unbeaten in Big Ten but focused on No. 20 Iowa

It’s been 30 years since a women’s basketball team from the Big Ten went undefeated over 18 conference games. Fifth-ranked Maryland is halfway there in its inaugural season and showing it’s by far the class of theconference after having beaten three of the other four ranked Big Ten schools.

The Terrapins (18-2, 9-0) will face the last of the Big Ten’s ranked teams Sunday when No. 20 Iowa (17-3, 8-1) comes to Xfinity Center, and the winner will own the inside track on the top seed in the conference tournament. For Maryland, a triumph also would mean moving closer to matching Ohio State’s 18-0 Big Ten record in 1984-85 under Tara VanDerveer, now at Stanford.

Still, the prospect of a perfect Big Ten regular season hardly seems unattainable given Maryland’s victory margin of nearly 15 points per game against ranked teams in the conference. All of those wins have come on the road, too, most recently against No. 22 Rutgers, 71-59, on Jan. 15. Maryland also beat No. 16 Nebraska and No. 23 Minnesota.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Went to the Lady Terps game yesterday, was a lot of fun, and they played well enough to win.  They unfortunately like the men, have a lot of issues guarding the 3 and when they do they gave up layups. But they seem to be able to score and ramp it up when necessary, so I expect a deep run into tourney for them...  Anyone with 6-10 year old kids I highly recommend this outing, its very kid friendly and my daughter had a blast!

• Like 2