Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I was not happy with Brown early in the game when he threw that stupid INT. He was Kirk Cousins color blind on that one. But he settled in and made some good throws later.

thats what i thought of when i saw that. 

bummer rowe is done, but good win by the terps. 5-2, not too shabby.

Click on the link to read the rest. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11735028/under-armour-maryland-terps-perfect-match

Terps aim for substance and style With Under Armour by its side, Maryland believes 'the sky is the limit'

COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- The affectionately named Terp Tank sits tucked away around a few corners from the desk of the athletic director on the Plaza Level of the Xfinity Center, about a half-mile northeast of Byrd Stadium on the picturesque University of Maryland campus.

Four large LG televisions hang opposite the entrance on a dark wall adorned with a larger-than-life image of a Maryland football player covered in Under Armour-inspired designs.

You can't miss the cool factor.

Technological instruments measure the impact of the school's digital-marketing efforts in real time, flashing analytics on the mounted screens.

The unveiling of Maryland's Star Spangled uniforms, worn in the Terrapins' Sept. 13 home loss to West Virginia, for instance, generated 325 million online media impressions in 24 hours, including 9.8 million in social media conversation, according to Nick Lofaro, czar of the Terp Tank.

The value of such exposure is difficult to calculate, but Maryland is ahead of the curve in trying.

"Everything we do," said Lofaro, Maryland's associate AD for digital media and creative services, "is centered around our on-field image."

The driving force behind that image is headquartered some 30 miles north, adjacent to Baltimore's Inner Harbor on Locust Point near Fort McHenry. Under Armour, the burgeoning sportswear force nurtured from nothing by founder and CEO Kevin Plank -- a former walk-on football player at Maryland -- collaborates extensively with this new Big Ten institution to craft the Maryland image in ways that transcend the traditional athletic department/outfitter relationship.

Under Armour assisted on the ground floor of Maryland's rebranding campaign after the September 2010 hiring of athletic director Kevin Anderson, who witnessed elsewhere the kind of coordinated revival he envisioned in College Park.

"We want to be first in the marketplace," Anderson said. "We want to be an innovator in collegiate athletics. Under Armour wants to be an innovator in sports, period."

Between the two parties, Anderson said, "nothing is out of bounds.

"The sky's the limit."

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wiley, Nickens and Trimble all have matching tattoos. M.B.K. which stands for My Brother's Keeper. #brothers

Testudo Times @testudotimes

Turgeon said the media is going to love covering this team because he knows they like winners and they like good kids that are good stories

Testudo Times

He said Cekovsky is 7-foot and can run and jump and catch the ball and pass the ball and shoot the ball. Is there anything he can't do?

Cekovsky says he tries to talk to his parents every day. Says that Maryland Basketball is like his second family now.

Pack said that Wiley and Nickens are unbelievable shooters. He said they're hungry and humble. Noted they are incredibly willing to learn

Richaud Pack said he has nothing but praise for Melo. Incredibly humble and incredibly open to listening to advice or criticism.

· 

A lot of hype coming in for Melo Trimble but my goodness, these players can't speak highly enough about Melo's game and his character.

Turgeon says that they'll be playing in a motion offense this year but it won't be a true motion offense. Says it fits the personnel nicely

He said Cekovsky is 7-foot and can run and jump and catch the ball and pass the ball and shoot the ball. Is there anything he can't do?

Coach Turgeon also said that Dion Wiley has one of the best feels for the game of any player that he has ever coached.

Turgeon said Melo has been "everything and more than advertised".

Turgeon said the injury to Smotrycz is a great opportunity for Cekovsky, Dodd and Graham to get extended minutes.

Turgeon was told the surgery went well (told to expect six weeks) and that they will sometimes play small and move Layman to the 4.

Turgeon said Damonte Dodd is the most improved player on the team

I agree. Let's see it on the court. Turgeon has been able to get some highly talked about talent, but they haven't produced. Let's see some results.

Agree, we hear this hype every year under Turgeon and the fall flat on their face.

Edited by chipwhich

I agree. Let's see it on the court. Turgeon has been able to get some highly talked about talent, but they haven't produced. Let's see some results.

"Highly talked about" is a very accurate description.  I will place some blame on Turgeon, who is not nearly the coach that Williams was, but his players simply do not exhibit talent that fits their reputation.  Wells is the best player on the team by a mile, and he is a transfer.  MD has recruited one HS softie after another.

"Highly talked about" is a very accurate description.  I will place some blame on Turgeon, who is not nearly the coach that Williams was, but his players simply do not exhibit talent that fits their reputation.  Wells is the best player on the team by a mile, and he is a transfer.  MD has recruited one HS softie after another.

Rather than being soft, I'd say some of those guys weren't team players.

I'd say some of them simply were not good.  Shaq Cleare was awful.  So out of shape and unathletic.  Had the worst hands.  Makes you wonder how some of these guys get touted so highly.  Seth Allen was pretty good but I think he could be one of those guys that wasn't a team player.  Charles Mitchell at least hustled and played hard, he was the one player I sort of wished stayed.  Nick Faust was just garbage all around.

• Like 1

Matt Robinson appears likely to miss multiple games,according to a source. Injured the same shoulder that previously caused him to miss time

Not sure whether Brandon Ross will play Saturday or not. After practicing Tuesday, Ross did not practice today, according to a source

we keep running the same play on short yardage- shotgun snap to brown, fake the handoff (to DIGGS- ya, no reason to give it to him or anything), and brown runs it. and gets stuffed. 

this is pitiful. 

The sad thing is IF we had a competent QB this game is different.

We might not win but our offense is on the field longer so we don't give up 52 points.

CJ Brown is HORRIBLE.

CJ Brown may be "HORRIBLE" but any Maryland fan think we are anything more than a bump in the road for a team like Wisconsin is fooling themselves.  MD isn't a football school and is a long ways from being one.  Don't blame the problems in the Wisconsin game on Brown, there is a whole lot of issues.

Knew we'd lose, but wanted a better showing. Pretty poor performance.

Yes Chip, we have to take our lumps for a year or two, but I don't think we're that far off. It's not like Maryland is Nicholls State taking on Alabama. We have to have a couple of years of better recruiting and getting used to the Big 10. And Brown has been horrible this year. He's not the whole cause, but he contributes quite a bit.

Anybody know who's in the pipeline at QB. I was a fan of Rowe a few years back. I think it was 2 years ago when he came in after the Brown injury and threw 2 TDs then was gone for the year. Kinda nice first impression. But even if he has a year left, I'd be hesitant to give him the reigns because he has injury problems.

I was totally against Edsall when he got rid of Danny O'Brien but I am starting to buy in. But I'd like to see if we have a legit QB in development right now who could take over next year.