Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Dan Mullen.

Yep.

http://gridironnow.com/dan-mullen-said-to-be-viable-candidate-at-maryland/

Mullen said to be viable candidate at Maryland

After five years of Randy Edsall, Mullen’s offensive background likely appeals to Maryland decision-makers. He prefers the spread and has had both run-first and pass-first offenses at Mississippi State, switching it up depending upon the quarterback.

Mullen is a former Urban Meyer assistant at Bowling Green, Utah and Florida, and his work with quarterbacks Josh Harris at Bowling Green, Alex Smith at Utah and Chris Leak and Tim Tebow at Florida has been lauded.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

We do NOT deserve to be second ranked. This is awful, awful basketball since day one. They better get their head out of their asses or they'll find themselves at the bottom of the Big 10. This is so disappointing so far this season. Not living up to the hype. They look like an also ran team.

I don't understand a team with our size, constantly playing on the perimeter and never getting the ball inside. Pound them, pound them, pound these smaller teams inside. Stupid Turgeon.

And Jake puts up one more damn brick, I'm going to put a foot in his ass. He's awful so far this year.

Edited by pjfootballer

I'm telling you, Dion Wiley...that's the last time I'll mention his name. His presence will be missed. Dude was a great defender.

Stone is going to take some time. Layman has always been an erratic player, I'm more worried about him in crunch time then now. Sulaimon doesn't seem to have missed a step.

I agree it's unimpressive.  I don't agree it's Dion Wiley.  How in the hell can Turgeon play small ball with large men.  Gary Williams would have destroyed this team with this roster.  Why are they not working inside to take shots under the basket.  You outsize an opponent and throw up brick 3 pointers?  That's coaching to me.

• Like 2

They have won every game they played so far, period.

This is a team that is playing real-time to find out its identity.

Yes, they make many mistakes, but in the end, they still win (heck, UK had a very close game vs Boston).

Early season basketball is like watching first week baseball and saying who will win the World Series - its a marathon, not a sprint.

• Like 1

I agree it's unimpressive. I don't agree it's Dion Wiley. How in the hell can Turgeon play small ball with large men. Gary Williams would have destroyed this team with this roster. Why are they not working inside to take shots under the basket. You outsize an opponent and throw up brick 3 pointers? That's coaching to me.

This is the one thing that concerns me. Gary was an excellent in game coach. He consistently did more with less. Turgeon has a team with a lot of talent. What will he do with them. That is the big question. It's early and inexperienced teams don't always come out of the gate firing on all cylinders. I'm glad to see they are winning. This isn't college football where style points matter. Just get the win and build off each game.

• Like 1

^ Agreed. A win is a win.

Once conference play starts we will see what this team is made of. We should have some type of chemistry by then, and what lines work the best.

My only beef is why in the hell you play perimeter ball when you outsize the opponent.  I don't remember a play where you put a big man under the net and you feed the bear.  Makes no sense.

My only beef is why in the hell you play perimeter ball when you outsize the opponent.  I don't remember a play where you put a big man under the net and you feed the bear.  Makes no sense.

I dunno, maybe the big men aren't getting position.  Carter Jr. is the only big man who I would consider to have great post moves.  Stone is still learning and Cekovsky is too in a way.  I like Dodd's hustle.  I didn't see the game tonight, but I think the strength of this team is from beyond the arc, and Trimble breaking his defender and taking it to the rack and/or finding the open shooter.

That being said, you're right we need to have an inside scoring presence to really make some noise this year.  I'm guessing we will slowly get it going.  I would like to see Layman play more with his back to the basket, for some reason he has rarely done that his entire career, he wants to slash and shoot.