Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I've been very critical of Edsall all year, but after I heard what he told his kick-off teams to do (if ball is even 1 yard deep, take a knee because of how good Stanford was on special teams), I fully believe he needs to be relieved of his duties before they fly home.

He has been over-matched all season and tonight is no different.  This is a team that makes WAY too many mistakes on both sides of the ball.  He doesn't get the ball to his best players, they drop easy catches at an alarming rate, and can't tackle to save their lives.

I've read here how the recruiting class coming up is going to be good.  Well, I hope they all signed before this debacle.

I recorded both games.  However, I only added a 30 minute extension on the basketball game, so didn't get to see the whole thing.  Stopped with about 50 seconds left in the first overtime.  Ugh so annoying, I'm adding a two hour extension to every game from now on.  Anyway, it was a sloppy ugly game, but Wells came up big with the clutch tying three.  We played excellent defense.  Props to Damonte Dodd, he contributed and looks much improved as a whole all season.

As far as football, I'm not surprised in the least.  I think we are far away from being a contender.  I don't believe in Randy Edsall.

Just a pathetic performance. I went to bed when they were down 21-7 with Stanford driving.

I recorded both games. However, I only added a 30 minute extension on the basketball game, so didn't get to see the whole thing. Stopped with about 50 seconds left in the first overtime. Ugh so annoying, I'm adding a two hour extension to every game from now on. Anyway, it was a sloppy ugly game, but Wells came up big with the clutch tying three. We played excellent defense. Props to Damonte Dodd, he contributed and looks much improved as a whole all season.

As far as football, I'm not surprised in the least. I think we are far away from being a contender. I don't believe in Randy Edsall.

Same thing happened to me with my recording.

Yesterday was the best and worst of times.  How many times will the Terps play at Michigan State, and play poorly, and win rather easily.  I say "easily", because although it took 2 OTs, the Terps never seemed hurried or discouraged. The got jobbed by the refs over and over, Turgeon finally had enough, but even then they were calmer and never strayed from what they were trying to do.  Great win by a team that is really good and getting better every game.

Football was a bit discouraging, but in reality the Terps got to measure themselves against a team that will be in the National Championship hunt next season.  Wasn't Edsall's fault they lost, nor was it the player's.  CJ Brown retires and I wish him all the best. He has been a great Terp, but the truth is that the Terps need a big time passing QB to be big time. (Skins are no different) 1st year in the Big Ten was a huge success and the future looks very bright.  I say again that Diggs will benefit from another year (financially).  Right now I don't see him as a 1st rounder, but next year he could be top 10.  I would still bet he leaves. Oh, well. Onward.

Go Terps! 

What made me mad about the 4 fouls is everyone had it at 4, except the guy who mattered. They even showed MSU's coach tell Izzo he had him with 4. The announcers said how during timeouts, the assistant will check with the official scorer on fouls. How did everyone miss that until the last moment? Oh, and the foul that was called on him was a joke. But I was happy to see the team fight through that and win.

Edited by Redskin4ever

http://www.testudotimes.com/2014/12/31/7472481/maryland-football-2015-season-preview-caleb-rowe

The 5 biggest questions facing Maryland football in 2015

1) How far along will the blue-chip offensive linemen be?

One of Maryland's most glaring weaknesses in 2014 was on the offensive line, a positional unit that has been a problem throughout Edsall's tenure. The signings of local blue-chippers Damian Prince and Derwin Gray provided some hope for instant improvement, but the Terps decided to redshirt both of them. That means they've spent a year studying the offense and going through training, and their readiness next season could be the difference in Maryland's offensive success. An offense functions better in every single way with a competent offensive line, and adding two pieces like those could signal a major shift in their ability to handle Big Ten defensive lines.

2) What will the Caleb Rowe era look like?

Another guy that could be the difference for the offense's success! Rowe had mixed results in limited playing time this season, playing well against West Virginia (on three pass attempts) and Indiana while struggling against James Madison and Ohio State (he did relatively well besides his three interceptions). It's possible that Perry Hills or Shane ****erille (or heck, Gage Shaffer) could challenge Rowe for the job, but he's the overwhelming favorite for the position.

Rowe's strength comes in his cannon arm, and with Maryland's group of very talented receivers it would make sense to see a more pass-heavy offense. The Terrapins have run the read option with Rowe when he's come in to sub for C.J. Brown, but with him as the full-time quarterback now it might make sense to build the offense more closely around his strengths and weaknesses.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Adam-McLean-Tweets-Hes-Academically-Qualified-34319374

Adam McLean Tweets He's Academically Qualified

Maryland commit Adam McLean and his coach have openly admitted in the past he needed to make some strides in order to avoid prep school or junior college. But both have insisted McLean, who de-committed from Penn State in November, would make the grade.

According to a Tweet by McLean, a four-star defensive lineman who is Maryland's highest-rated 2015 commit, he's now good to go.

"I feel great. We've got a good gameplan going and coach [Edsall] has mapped out the things I need to do," he told IMS in December. "I know a lot of people say, 'he can't qualify.' But they can't know that because they haven't talked to my coach, my school adviser, coach Edsall or the adviser at Maryland."

McLean still must undergo knee surgery and it remains to be seen if he'll make a dent as a freshman, but his presence is important to Maryland off the field as well, as he's given himself the role of recruit/recruiter extraordinaire.

Click to read the rest

http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Maryland-Basketball-Coach-Mark-Turgeon-Keeping-Fluid-Lineup-34377310

Still No Rigid Rotation for Turgeon, Terps

A changing lineup halfway through the season might sometimes be bad news, but Maryland's rotation remains fluid for all the right reasons. Mark Turgeon has used six different starting lineups this year and players on the team are averaging at least 12 minutes per game. The bench is deep, and Turgeon has been able to etch a distinct role for each of his players so far.

The Terps successfully dealt with injuries to seniors Dez Wells and Evan Smotrycz -- who have combined to miss 13 games so far -- by inserting freshmen Dion Wiley and Jared Nickens into the starting lineup at different points during Wells' absence. Since their return, there still hasn't been a sign of Turgeon trying to shorten the rotation, as 10 players logged 10 minutes or more -- granted, it was in double-overtime -- against Michigan State.

Turgeon doesn't see the need to establish a rigid rotation at this point, but instead is letting things develop organically. There have been days when senior big man Jon Graham has barely played, but in both of the team's two biggest games of the year, against Iowa State and Michigan State he logged 19 minutes.

Wiley, on the other hand, has received just 18 total minutes in those pivotal games, but played a key role earlier in the schedule.

"If they're playing well, they'll play more," Turgeon said.

If that's the case, it's probably down to you and Ohio State.  Notre Dame just took a QB in this 2015 class that's even higher rated than Haskins is, so I doubt they're truly in the running.  I should know, he was a Penn State commit who decommitted (a real decommit, not an Adam McLean one) for Notre Dame.  I'd say the Buckeyes are your only real competition is this is his true top three.

If that's the case, it's probably down to you and Ohio State.  Notre Dame just took a QB in this 2015 class that's even higher rated than Haskins is, so I doubt they're truly in the running.  I should know, he was a Penn State commit who decommitted (a real decommit, not an Adam McLean one) for Notre Dame.  I'd say the Buckeyes are your only real competition is this is his true top three.

Scuttlebutt is he's already a silent commit....but you know how that is.

Until the inks on the paper nothing is final.

What infuriates me about the Terps is settling for so many three point shots. I'd like to see Trimble penetrate more and I'd like to see the big men want the ball down on the blocks. We lack a guy that wants to back in deep and score in the paint. We settle for WAY too many three point attempts.

My god I'm just so frustrated watching us brick threes all day. We are such a great free throw shooting team, that getting it down on the blocks sends us to the line AND opens up the three.

Edited by pjfootballer