Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Trek

88Comrade2000

Was at Hollywood Disney yesterday and went on “Rise of Resistance “ ride, in the Star Wars area.

We need a Star Trek land. Visiting key places in Trek lore and of course via the Enterprise.

SeAson 2 of Strange New Worlds drops 6/15 and it got a third season.

Going to Orlando Megacon this weekend and plan on getting a photo op with Pike and Spock. My poor wallet but I budgeted 1 big ticket item.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Was at Hollywood Disney yesterday and went on “Rise of Resistance “ ride, in the Star Wars area.

We need a Star Trek land. Visiting key places in Trek lore and of course via the Enterprise.

I wish I was old enough to go to The Star Trek Experience when it was a thing.  Hang out at Quark's bar and drink a Warp Core Breach.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Anyone ever play Starfleet Academy on the PC/SNES?  I remember picking it up for the SNES at Best Buy for a pittance many many years ago when they were getting rid of SNES stock.  While not amazing, it was a nice little slice of Starfleet.  I think it used the same space-flight engine as Star Trek: The 25th Anniversary and Star Trek: Judgement Rites (Both super-highly recommended to trekkies, especially the CD-ROM versions which include voice-acting of the original crew) with a few upgrades that included 3D models and collision rather than sprites, as well as the ability to roll the ship.  Outside of story mode, it also included a few missions from the show including A Balance Of Terror, The Wrath Of Kahn, and I want to say they may have had the fight with Chang's fire-when-cloaked Bird-Of-Prey from The Undiscovered Country.

Just thought I'd throw it out there with the Starfleet Academy talks.  Man, I miss when they made good Star Trek games like the aforementioned 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites, as well as the Next Generation game A Final Unity.  I'd always heard good things about Klingon Academy.  I should find that and play it.  I'm holding out a small bit of hope that maybe Star Trek: Resurgence will be good; I think it's being made by some former TellTale people?  Or at least it seems to be inspired by their stuff.  Seems like the right type of approach to make Star Trek game that is true to what the franchise is really about.

• Thumb up 1

On 3/29/2023 at 11:04 PM, PokerPacker said:

I wish I was old enough to go to The Star Trek Experience when it was a thing.  Hang out at Quark's bar and drink a Warp Core Breach.

I stayed at the Vegas Hilton n did the Star Trek Experience with my brother back in 2008. Probably six months before they shut it down. Got really loaded at Quarks bar because it took the hotel forever to prepare the suite. Had a hamberder there that was fairly mediocre and a Warp Core Breach. 🤓

Brought a half oz of purple urkel from Colorado so can't say I remember to much of the ride itself. It was definitely fun tho. Almost won a ton of money on the Kansas vs Davidson game but they had Whitey Ford take the last shot instead of Steph Curry. Stupid Davidson coach. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I stayed at the Vegas Hilton n did the Star Trek Experience with my brother back in 2008. Probably six months before they shut it down. Got really loaded at Quarks bar because it took the hotel forever to prepare the suite. Had a hamberder there that was fairly mediocre and a Warp Core Breach. 🤓

Did they top the burger with an Owon egg?  That might take it down a notch or two.

3 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Brought a half oz of purple urkel from Colorado so can't say I remember to much of the ride itself. It was definitely fun tho.

Know that I am envious, regardless.  I wanted to go visit The Gallileo that was kept at a Houston museum, but it turned out they had lent it out to another museum during my Texas tenure.

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Did they top the burger with an Owon egg?  That might take it down a notch or two.

Unfortunately not. 😔

4 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Know that I am envious, regardless.  I wanted to go visit The Gallileo that was kept at a Houston museum, but it turned out they had lent it out to another museum during my Texas tenure.

Air and Space Museum had a bunch of the ships and props from TOS way back when. Early 90s ish. Pretty cool getting to see all that on display. Made the Spirit of St Louis look like a big piece of crap in comparison. 🤣

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Unfortunately not. 😔

Air and Space Museum had a bunch of the ships and props from TOS way back when. Early 90s ish. Pretty cool getting to see all that on display. Made the Spirit of St Louis look like a big piece of crap in comparison. 🤣

I did see the restored original model of the Enterprise at the DC Air And Space Museum a few years ago.  Even in today's Sci-fi landscape, it is such a unique design.  Really ran with the idea of "It's a space ship; aerodynamics don't mean jack out there; let's go weird with the design", but also put a lot of thought into still making it make perfect engineering sense.

Edited by PokerPacker

Final comments.  Both Ethan and Gates were chatty. Usually don't get much time to talk to the actors but both were chatty when doing autographs. Gates was asking everyone what they do.  I asked Ethan if he meet any of the other Spocks and he said he met Zachary Quinto.  I didn't get Anison's autograph since it was little more pricey but at least I got that group photo op with him.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Thumb up 1

On 3/30/2023 at 2:20 PM, Chew said:

:pint:

I had almost forgotten how wonderful Garak's dry humor was. I'm going to have to go through and re-watch DS9, yet again. It's the best of the Trek universe IMO, but then I haven't had a chance to watch the newer stuff. Stupid school.😡

On 3/31/2023 at 3:23 AM, Captain Wiggles said:

I stayed at the Vegas Hilton n did the Star Trek Experience with my brother back in 2008. Probably six months before they shut it down.

What the hell is wrong with these people?!?! The Emissary never gave permission for them to shut this down. Looks like The Sisko is gon' have to go back to the dark side.

TheSisko.PNG.63da3dd7a61f8a97e9e3ba70900dfba0.PNG

Fortunately for me, I got Mrs. Sisko some Sting tix in Vegas for her birthday several years ago, so I got to see it before they evidently DX'd it. I have a pic somewhere of me as a Borg that I took there.

6 hours ago, The Sisko said:
On 3/30/2023 at 2:20 PM, Chew said:

I had almost forgotten how wonderful Garak's dry humor was. I'm going to have to go through and re-watch DS9, yet again. It's the best of the Trek universe IMO, but then I haven't had a chance to watch the newer stuff. Stupid school

Trivia I learned about Andy Robinson, the actor who played Garak. 

Here he is without the Cardissan makeup. 

MV5BMTU0NzI0MDg3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTg4

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1