Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Trek

88Comrade2000

CBS Reportedly Planning A Defenders-Style Star Trek Crossover Show  

>>>>

We were starved there for a while, but we’re currently being well-fed when it comes to Star Trek TV series. Discovery kicked off this new era of Trek on television, with Picard recently joining it. There’s also a Section 31 spinoff for Michelle Yeoh’s Georgiou officially in the works as well, with more being kept under wraps for now. Soon, we could be about to have more Trek shows on at the same time than ever before.

And it sounds like CBS is hoping to capitalize on that. Sources close to We Got This Covered – the same ones who said Discovery had been renewed for a fifth season and a Captain Pike spinoff is in the works, both of which have since been confirmed by The GWW – say that the network wants to do a big crossover series modeled after Marvel and Netflix’s The Defenders. As you’d imagine, it would bring together characters from Discovery, PicardSection 31 and the aforementioned Pike show....<<<<

13 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

CBS Reportedly Planning A Defenders-Style Star Trek Crossover Show  

>>>>

We were starved there for a while, but we’re currently being well-fed when it comes to Star Trek TV series. Discovery kicked off this new era of Trek on television, with Picard recently joining it. There’s also a Section 31 spinoff for Michelle Yeoh’s Georgiou officially in the works as well, with more being kept under wraps for now. Soon, we could be about to have more Trek shows on at the same time than ever before.

And it sounds like CBS is hoping to capitalize on that. Sources close to We Got This Covered – the same ones who said Discovery had been renewed for a fifth season and a Captain Pike spinoff is in the works, both of which have since been confirmed by The GWW – say that the network wants to do a big crossover series modeled after Marvel and Netflix’s The Defenders. As you’d imagine, it would bring together characters from Discovery, PicardSection 31 and the aforementioned Pike show....<<<<

How the hell are they going to be able to use Georgiou in a section 31 spinoff given where she ended up in Discovery (Is Dr Who going to intervene?). 

Edited by nonniey

4 hours ago, nonniey said:

How the hell are they going to be able to use Georgiou in a section 31 spinoff given where she ended up in Discovery (Is Dr Who going to intervene?). 

The article said to do a crossover of all those CBS/Viacom Trek shows; time-travel would have to be involved. 

I assume Georgiou gets sent back to her time, when that show starts.  How else could you do.

33 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The article said to do a crossover of all those CBS/Viacom Trek shows; time-travel would have to be involved. 

I assume Georgiou gets sent back to her time, when that show starts.  How else could you do.

All Good Things style.

Crossover doesn't mean everyone meets. Could be one person jumping around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Star Trek: Discovery Movie In The Works, Starts Shooting Soon

>>>We’re still waiting on season 3 to arrive later this year, but we know Star Trek: Discovery has got a bright future ahead of it. It’s previously been revealed that CBS has renewed the show up until season 5 already. And now, further confirmation has come through that the series will be expanding into a whole new medium as well, as according to The GWW, a Discovery movie is on its way...<<

If this really happens, it will probably bomb.

Finished Picard a while back.  It was good, in some ways.  (Mostly in the "catching up on where everybody is" front.)  But I've gotta say, there were several things that really kept blasting me out of my headspace.  And one of the big ones was:  

Is there a single member of Picard's new crew who isn't abusing some kind of psychoactive substance?  

I mean, one of his allies apparently has an addiction to something they vaguely mention.  The captain of the ship he recruits smokes.  Can't remember the others.  

Star Trek?  The TV show that actually dared, back when tobacco advertising accounted for like half of all TV advertising, decided that not one person in their universe would smoke?  

I get that the characters are supposed to be flawed.  But can't they be flawed in other ways?  

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, China said:

What do you want, a bunch of Redskin fans?

I thin k somebody posted a link a while back, to an online quiz that says "What Star Trek character are you?"  

I'll confess, I desperately wanted to be Spock as a teen.  (In some ways, I kinda succeeded.)  

(Stupid test said I'm a Redshirt.)  

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

I thin k somebody posted a link a while back, to an online quiz that says "What Star Trek character are you?"  

I'll confess, I desperately wanted to be Spock as a teen.  (In some ways, I kinda succeeded.)  

(Stupid test said I'm a Redshirt.)  

Well, it turns out Redshirts are not more likely to die on 'Star Trek'

3 minutes ago, China said:

If you assume the roster included in the Star Fleet Technical Manual - for a long time the only Star Trek item not copyrighted by Paramount Pictures, are correct.  When Kirk walks down a corridor, do red shirts outnumber gold by 10 to 1?  :) 

My favorite redshirt meme though, is this one:  

most-interesting-man-in-the-world-red-sh

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Larry said:

A series?  Or 10 episodes?  

No mention of how many episodes.

The days of shows having 22 to 26 episodes is slowly going to end. Since this is on CBS All-Access; probably anywhere from 10 to 15 episodes. My guess this show becomes more popular than Discovery. 

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Woo Hoo.  CBS All Access has ordered a Captain Pike series. Star Trek: Strange New Worlds.

I am so fired up for this. Anson Mount and Ethan Peck alone might me forget about Shatner and Nimoy. 

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

This is cool. Ideally, if you have 4 different shows at about 10-12 episodes per season. That's most of the year with new stuff 

That's their goal.  Though how long will Picard realistically run.  Patrick Stewart is almost 80.  I don't think he does more than 4 seasons. Discoverry I think will run for 5 seasons; think I read that somewhere.

There's that carton Lower Decks and eventually the Section 31 show.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

That's their goal.  Though how long will Picard realistically run.  Patrick Stewart is almost 80.  I don't think he does more than 4 seasons. Discoverry I think will run for 5 seasons; think I read that somewhere.

There's that carton Lower Decks and eventually the Section 31 show.

Yep. I'm fine with different casts and times and storylines that only go a handful of seasons. 

Sorry folks, but I've got some problems with the new trends. 

I first saw the problem with Battlestar Galactica. I like the serial nature. Where things happen in one episode, and it affects later episodes. But I just can't maintain interest in multiple plot lines and hidden Easter eggs and subtle foreshadowing when the show decides not to make any new episodes for a year and a half. 

Same problem with The Orville and Star Trek. "Well, there's your three months. See you again nine months from now."  

What do they think they are, the NFL?

And then there's "Oh, and when we come back?  We're going to be in a different universe. Which we won't even tell you about. We're gonna spend five episodes (out of this year's 12), slowly revealing the things that got us here."

I liked Agents of Shield, too. Until they started pulling that crap. 

Edited by Larry

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ec2o1x4U4AA0hqd?format=jpg&name=small

Happy 80th Birthday Patrick Stewart.

On 2/12/2014 at 1:25 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

2012 saw the 50th anniversary of James Bond.  2013 saw the 50th annivesary of Doctor Who.

Another big 50th anniversary is almost upon us.  2016 will be the 50th anniversary of Star Trek.  Star Trek:TNG will celebrate it's 30th anniversary in 2017. Last year was DS9's 20th anniversary.

Star Trek 3 should be out by 2016, I think they want to have the next movie out for the 50th anniversary.

I am thinking that by 2016/2017 enough time will have passed from Star Trek Enterprise- 11/12 years that a return to the small screen for Star Trek would be welcome.

OF course, what kind of show would bring Star Trek back to the small screen?   Would it be a reimagined version of the original show with all new cast, seperate from the current and classic Trek movies?   Would it be something in the Star Trek Universe but related to the original series or it's sequels: TNG,DS9,Voyager?     Would it be something in the Star Trek Universe but related to the modern movie series?  

I just feel the time is right for another TV show in the Star Trek universe.

My original post from 2014 was saying the time was right for a return to the small screen for Star Trek.  It took a while, but I got my wish.

Star Trek Discovery. Star Trek Picard.  Coming next month: Star Trek Lower Decks.   Coming in 2021 or 2022, Star Trek Strange New Worlds- the Captain Pike series.  Still plans for a Star Trek Section 31 series.    You can debate the quality of the shows but the Star Trek Universe is strong on TV again.

• Like 1

Seven Of Nine Star Trek Spinoff Reportedly In The Works At CBS

>>>

Star Trek: Picard has brought back many familiar faces from Star Trek past aside from Sir Patrick Stewart across its first season, but the most significant has definitely been Jeri Ryan’s Seven of Nine. The former Voyager breakout star has been a natural fit for the Borg-centric storyline, with the show offering a fascinating, updated version of the character. Fans have been clamoring for more from her, then, and it seems like CBS has listened.

We Got This Covered has heard that a spinoff for Seven is in the works for CBS All Access. Details are still scarce at this early stage, but this intel comes to us via the same sources who previously told us that Anson Mount’s Captain Pike was getting his own show, too, and that Star Trek: Discovery has already been renewed for a fifth season – both of which have since been confirmed by The Geeks Worldwide.<<<

seven_of_nine_pride_003_a.png

Make it so, CBS.