Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Trek

88Comrade2000

That was the best Star Trek episode ever.  Including compared against TOS.  

The scenario and the plot, of course.  But the incredible level of character.  By every single person.  Right down to the episode's principal guest stars, and their characters.  

This show needs to continue.  I want 100 more episodes.  Even though they won't be as good as this one.  

1 minute ago, Larry said:

The scenario and the plot, of course.  But the incredible level of character.  By every single person.  Right down to the episode's principal guest stars, and their characters.  

This show needs to continue.  I want 100 more episodes.  Even though they won't be as good as this one.  

the new one today? Haven't watched yet. But haven't read a post loving an episode like that in a long time. 

On 7/6/2023 at 11:11 AM, Larry said:

It was an ok episode but best ever?

The memory trope has been used before.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Good Lord, that was an AWFUL episode, not to mention a rip-off of Scrubs.  Can we shoot the a-hole who wanted to make a Star Trek musical.  

Somewhere I still have my copy of Mad Magazine's Star Trek Musical. 

As your ship

goes through the galaxy, 

to planets, way past Mars.

Make sure

that your adventures 

do not kill off your stars. 
And you can do it with 

a crew that's expendable

a crew that's expendable

The episode was clever. With CC one and reading the lyrics, they did a smart job there. 

A few are really good singers. 

Also, I didn't love the episode. After about 30min I accepted it for what it was. 

Also, enough Kirk. The actor and character is good. But finding reasons to involve him are getting old. Go ahead and give him a show on the Farragut as First Officer or whatever. 

I didn't really like the music.  

I liked the plot.  

Spoiler

I mean, Spock getting dumped by Chapel?  

"I solved for Y in my calculations.

I'm the X."  

La'an finally working up the courage to open up to the only person in the galaxy who she's seen as attractive, and finding out that he's taken?  

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Larry said:

Not really looking forward to either. Among other things, there's things that Picard did to TNG that I really don't approve of. (Starting with every new character doing drugs.)

I can see your point, but the whole idea of Section 31 could be good. Plus, I think having Seven be a Captain, could be very good if done right.

On 8/3/2023 at 11:24 PM, Riggo-toni said:

Good Lord, that was an AWFUL episode, not to mention a rip-off of Scrubs.  Can we shoot the a-hole who wanted to make a Star Trek musical.  

I’m late to the party, because I canceled paramount + for a long while in favor of different streaming services. I rotate through them. anyway, I liked the musical episode. It was fun and funny. It’s not like anyone devolved into a lizard and mates with a crewman (also a lizard). Not as good as the lower decks cross over but great. You guys have all lost your sense of whimsy. 🤣

Star Trek SNW, not just that episode but the series, has restored my faith. I so hated the Discovery and this one has brought me back. They’ve made it fun again.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Toby Haynes , the Andor director; is directing a Star Trek prequel movie that’s being billed as an origin story to the JJ Abrams Star Trek.

Oh wow.  Andor was amazing. 

I had to look it up, this could be epic.  Possibly a story about James T's dad. 

https://www.indiewire.com/news/breaking-news/new-star-trek-movie-set-decades-before-kirk-spock-1234942543/

Paramount is calling the untitled film “an expansion of the ‘Star Trek’ universe.” At the very least that means exploring a new part of the “Trek” timeline. If it’s decades before the events of the 2009 film, that means it’s probably after the events of prequel series “Star Trek: Enterprise,” set in the mid 22nd century and concluding with the founding of the United Federation of Planets. So if it’s in the “Kelvin Timeline,” it could be set around the time that Kirk’s father George (played by Chris Hemsworth in the 2009 film) was a first officer in Starfleet. There have been rumors for years about Hemsworth possibly starring in another “Trek” film, given that his fame rose exponentially following his brief appearance in Abrams’ film, as the first “Thor” movie was still two years away. One would have expected any Hemsworth participating to have been announced at this time, however.