Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's Your Top Candidate for QB Coach

Mania

Heath shuler or is he still a congressman?

Heath is no longer a congressman...lol

Heath shuler or is he still a congressman?

Off hand, Kubiak or Montgomery would be fine chances. 

Hail.

Do you really believe Kubiak would become a qb coach? Montgomery would be a fine coach, but I don't see him leaving Baylor or Briles for that matter, unless it was an NFL HC job.

Don't know to much at this guy, Mike Neu but there are a lot of Skinsiders who are saying he MIGHT become our QB coach.

I heard this about a week ago or so.

With Kubiak's recent health 'issues', chances are he's not getting a HC/ OC shot any time soon so unless he wants to take an extended break, slotting back into a QB positional role he die so well at previously would appear his best option to work but who knows?

I don't foresee either coming here FWIW, and I agree the chances of Monty leaving Art are REAL slim.

Just those where the first two off the top of my head. 

Hail. 

More on Neu and his priorities as a QB coach: http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Tulane-quarterbacks-coach-Mike-Neu-describes-his-priority

Skinsiders have also mentioned Brooks Bollinger, who did play for the Tuskers at the end of his career, won an MVP there, and is now QB coach at Pitt and by their reports got great success out of their QB: http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bollinger_brooks00.html

But really have barely heard those two names mentioned, and this position unlike the others has not had a lot of talk/rumblings going on.

Listening to Cooley on 980 and he was really advocating a coach that played the QB position. He said they relate so much better to the player. He actually said we should hire Rex Grossman - that he's really smart, knows a ton about the position/scheme and played a key roll in that first year of Robert's development.

Sounds crazy but interesting.

Listening to Cooley on 980 and he was really advocating a coach that played the QB position. He said they relate so much better to the player. He actually said we should hire Rex Grossman - that he's really smart, knows a ton about the position/scheme and played a key roll in that first year of Robert's development.

Interesting, but I rather have a more succesfull QB. With all respect to Sexy Rexy but I don´t think he is known for his great fundamentals. That is key to our QB i.m.o. Someone who can work on RGIII his footwork and stuff. 

Yeah thanks but no thanks.. Rex is a good guy, but Robert needs a better mentor. I hope we don't see Rex back in any position at all next year, not even backup QB.

More on Neu and his priorities as a QB coach: http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Tulane-quarterbacks-coach-Mike-Neu-describes-his-priority

Skinsiders have also mentioned Brooks Bollinger, who did play for the Tuskers at the end of his career, won an MVP there, and is now QB coach at Pitt and by their reports got great success out of their QB: http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bollinger_brooks00.html

But really have barely heard those two names mentioned, and this position unlike the others has not had a lot of talk/rumblings going on.

Great find. This is exactly the type of resume I want.

He knows the HC and played under him, he's played the position at the professional level in the NFL (without success) USFL (MVP).

I was gonna research some connections but this is exactly the type of person that would make sense.

I would also love someone from the Baylor coaching staff Phillip Montgomery or even Kendall Briles.

Then there are WCO veterans like Kubiack and Childress.

Interesting, but I rather have a more succesfull QB. With all respect to Sexy Rexy but I don´t think he is known for his great fundamentals. That is key to our QB i.m.o. Someone who can work on RGIII his footwork and stuff.

When was the last time you saw a successful qb be a successful coach. In most cases backup qbs tend to be better coaches. I.e. Kubiak, Payton. Rex doesn't have the talent to be a starter, but he may be pretty good at qb coach. That being said, I think I'd rather have someone with experience.

When was the last time you saw a successful qb be a successful coach. In most cases backup qbs tend to be better coaches. I.e. Kubiak, Payton. Rex doesn't have the talent to be a starter, but he may be pretty good at qb coach. That being said, I think I'd rather have so done with experience.

"Those that can't teach."- Marty Schottenheimer

Looks like McVay will be OC and QB coach:

"New Washington Redskins offensive coordinator Sean McVay, who also will coach the quarterbacks…."

"What will your role be throughout the week? 

McVay: It’ll be one of those deals where I help Jay wherever I need to fill in. I’ll coach quarterbacks this year too. Jay will be the offensive coordinator and call the plays. But my job is to help as much as I can to implement the game plan. How involved I’ll be as far as install, we haven’t decided that yet. I want to give a bunch of ideas as if I’m putting the game plan together."

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/4962/qa-sean-mcvay

Archived