Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking News: Per @MikeJonesWaPo - Mike Shanahan fired; Kyle fired; Haslett retained as of now

Sticksboi05

This is a step in the right direction, but I'm not sure if Allen is qualified to make those decisions. I'd be more comfortable if Campbell/Brown handled personnel exclusively and Allen hired the next HC with zero input from Snyder. 

Yes, I guess Allen can be the final vote if Campbell and Brown disagree on a player or direction.

Bruce Allen is a proper GM now?  We finally have a real GM?

No he's not -- what he said means to me that Snyder will have a say in things.

Holy F,.......same ole ****e.

This is a step in the right direction, but I'm not sure if Allen is qualified to make those decisions. I'd be more comfortable if Campbell/Brown handled personnel exclusively and Allen hired the next HC with zero input from Snyder. 

It's not gonna happen.

Allen not a talent evaluator.  This is known by all.

So looks like business as usual at Ashburn.  Snyder and a figurehead GM running the coaching search.  Wash, Rise, Repeat.  Good times.

14 years and counting without a real GM.  Looking forward to repeating this process two to four years from now, and every two to four years until Snyder or I am dead.

This freaking team.

I'll play

Texans - OLD stacked roster that will have to be replaced sooner than later

Lions - You have to live in a horrible city plus that team ain't that good.

Vikes - Garbage plus they've had plenty of coaching changes like the Redskins

Buccs - Cheap ass oweners

Redskins - Pretty much starting from a clean slate with a very solid young QB who just needs some coaching up plus Snyder HAS TAKEN A STEP BACK. Oh yeah it also comes with a pro-bowl calliber RB, WR and LT and they're all young.

You play well my friend. All though, the Bucs have not been cheap since they fired Raheem. I honestly don't know what to think about the Lions. I don't think they are horrible (I know you were talking about the city), Great D-Line, CJ, great running backs (although that could be because of Linehan's system). I think a good coach could get more out of them, but I don't know how much more.

You are 100% right on the Skins. We have some of the major building blocks on O. I think it will be a couple of years before we are competitive.

Has the Raiders coach been fired?

No so far it is - Texans, Browns, Vikings, Skins, Bucs, Lions. Looking out for the Raiders, and Dolphins.

#Redskins EVP Bruce Allen: "My job is to put the Washington Redskins organization on the right track." says his job is to find next HC.

#Redskins EVP Bruce Allen: "I think I'm gonna look for the person who can describe what he can do the best." No set schemes.

#Redskins EVP Bruce Allen: Just mentioned special teams coaches that have been HC and looking for a HC with "fire in the belly" Hmmmmmmm

Expand

Allen not a talent evaluator.  This is known by all.

So looks like business as usual at Ashburn.  Snyder and a figurehead GM running the coaching search.  Wash, Rise, Repeat.  Good times.

14 years and counting without a real GM.  Looking forward to repeating this process two to four years from now, and every two to four years until Snyder or I am dead.

This freaking team.

So if Cerrato was a figurehead, why does everyone hate him?

#Redskins EVP Bruce Allen: "The control will be mine..working with our personnel department." Says Scott Campbell/Morocco do a good job.

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_TandlerCSN

Allen will have final say in personnel with help from Campbell and Brown. #RedskinsTalk

If this is actually the way they restructure it and let it play out I think we will all be a little happier.

So it's gonna be a 3-man personnel group with Bruce being the crew chief?

Bruce dodged the question about Snyder meddling with the Donovan McNabb and RGIII trades.

He stated it was he and Mike who picked players and called plays... what else do you want him to say? He also raved about Brown and Campbell and their ability to now draft and rate FA. 

I dont know what you people want. Many of you clamored for Brown to get the GM job. 

We now have a GM running things that: is well spoken, business savvy, PR savvy, supposedly great with cap/contracts and he will be working directly with Brown and a highly regarded scouting/personnel department. They already have a good working relationship and I am sure Campbell and Brown are excited and hungry to step up in their new roles. I see them as making the personnel decisions and Allen signing off or helping resolve disputes between the two. Which is fine with me. 

Let's wait to blame Danny until he actually does something here. 

I know many of you wanted Bill Polian etc but that wasn't realistic or ideal. 

Archived