Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Romo out for the season, a Broke Back Cowboy, Per Adam Schefter

DeadExField

Exactly what I was thinking.  Makes yesterday's collapse look even worse.

Jim Haslett's decision to not blitz on the game's final play looks even more idiotic now also.

The worst part of this is now Romo sits to pee gets another pass as he is off the hook.  If Dallas loses to Philly it obviously can't be blamed on Romo sits to pee since he isn't even playing.  If Dallas wins then Romo sits to pee will be praised as fighting like a warrior through a serious back injury to beat the Skins and keep Dallas' season alive.

Only the Redskins defense led by Jim Haslett could figure out a sure fire way to have Tony Romo sits to pee be glorified for his heroic efforts yesterday instead of further cementing his reputation as a loser...

How much do you want to bet that this is all manufactured to make Romo sits to pee look like a hero?  I don't think they've definitely ruled him out of the game this weekend against Philly (at least from what Jason Garrett said).  I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it just seems like Jerry Jones would stop at nothing to make his $100 million investment in Romo sits to pee seem like a silly move.  If Romo sits to pee plays the game against Philly and they win, he is the "hero" of the year!  If they lose, Romo sits to pee is the talk of ESPN for his gritty, gutsy performance all week long leading to the playoffs.  It seems like Rib-Gate all over again.

How much do you want to bet that this is all manufactured to make Romo sits to pee look like a hero? I don't think they've definitely ruled him out of the game this weekend against Philly (at least from what Jason Garrett said). I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it just seems like Jerry Jones would stop at nothing to make his $100 million investment in Romo sits to pee seem like a silly move. If Romo sits to pee plays the game against Philly and they win, he is the "hero" of the year! If they lose, Romo sits to pee is the talk of ESPN for his gritty, gutsy performance all week long leading to the playoffs. It seems like Rib-Gate all over again.

Everyone at my house thinks the same thing. That maybe he's hurt, but the "He's out for the year" leak was just to make him a hero when he plays Sunday. Then, win or lose he can look like a hero. Throw 3 picks and lose, well look how tough he is playing with a broken back. You can't blame him for that loss. what do they have to lose by leaking an exagerated story about how hurt he is.

The Eagles 10-6 record and division title coming off of a 4-12 year will be clearly tainted- Says every other NFC East fan while Westy drinks their collective tears.

http://espn.go.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/2864/Romo sits to pee-injury-another-break-for-eagles

Even the ESPN Philly blogger can admit the Eagles have had good luck. Shocking that you can't admit that. I guess you should just continue to think the Eagles are the best team in the NFL and that they'll walk through NO/SF, at SEA/CAR, an NFC championship game against another team better than Philly (excluding NFCN champ), and stomp down Peyton F. Manning in the big game. 

anyway, merry christmas :) (insert lame joke about Santa/snowballs)

I will say they are hot right now. Absolutely embarrassed the Bears especially late in the game when CHI looked like a JV team getting run on. 

Romo sits to pee? Orton? Doesn't matter.

With our defense, we're losing by three touchdowns.

I was thinking the same thing. But I also like the change of pace at QB. Orton is not a world beater by any stretch, but I think you're going to see more players stepping up and rising to the occasion. I think we'll also see a QB that will be more consistent in some ways. Romo sits to pee's absence will force Garrett and Callahan to run a more balanced attack. While Romo sits to pee and Lee are out, we have Ware and Murray, which we didn't have in the first game. We are also playing at home. 

Still..I know, I know...our defense. I can't imagine us being able to hold the Eagles to 3 points like the first game. I can't even imagine us holding them to less than 40, to tell you the truth. 

Either way, it'll be one of those games we'll know about before the end of the 1st quarter. If the Eagles get up on us a couple of scores early, it'll be all over. But if we can get some long drives going that result in TDs, win the special teams battle, and somehow keep the Eagles from getting started early in the game, then we have a chance. Otherwise, putting a gun to my head, I can't outright pick the Cowboys this week. There is just too many question marks and that horrible defense we have... :wacko:

I was thinking the same thing. But I also like the change of pace at QB. Orton is not a world beater by any stretch, but I think you're going to see more players stepping up and rising to the occasion. I think we'll also see a QB that will be more consistent in some ways. Romo sits to pee's absence will force Garrett and Callahan to run a more balanced attack. While Romo sits to pee and Lee are out, we have Ware and Murray, which we didn't have in the first game. We are also playing at home. 

Still..I know, I know...our defense. I can't imagine us being able to hold the Eagles to 3 points like the first game. I can't even imagine us holding them to less than 40, to tell you the truth. 

Either way, it'll be one of those games we'll know about before the end of the 1st quarter. If the Eagles get up on us a couple of scores early, it'll be all over. But if we can get some long drives going that result in TDs, win the special teams battle, and somehow keep the Eagles from getting started early in the game, then we have a chance. Otherwise, putting a gun to my head, I can't outright pick the Cowboys this week. There is just too many question marks and that horrible defense we have... :wacko:

Things in our favor :

- Orton won't turn the ball over

- We will run the ball. Murray is tearing it up.

- We are at home.

- Our players will go all out for Orton.

- Eagles are way to ****y coming into this game

Things not in our favor :

- Philly is #1 against the run

- Philly is super confident

- Our defense is terrible

- Our offense starts slow and Philly starts fast

I agree, we will know after the 1st quarter. If we can contain them early, get them off their game. Similar to what happened in Minnesota. We can very well win this game.

If Philly wins the toss, takes it down the field and gets 7. Then we go 3 & out or do not score and they score again? Lights out in Jerry world.

We also need to remember, Orton is NOT Brad Johnson. The dude has

9,337 passing yards at Purdue.

In 2009 in 2010, he threw for 3,802 and 3,653 yards. With a 2:1, TD:INT ratio. In 2010 he only played in 13 games.

Well ****! That's Dallas in the paloff's as Division winner's. Orton- Safe. Romo sits to pee- Not so much. 

God damn you Tony Turnover! God damn you to Hell! (Or Texas. Which ever feels more like home.). 

Hail. 

I want whatever pill you take so that I can also live in your fantasy world.  "Tony Turnover"???  Good lord, have you ever checked the stats on the man?

I like the thread title.

People like you would like it...

How much do you want to bet that this is all manufactured to make Romo sits to pee look like a hero?  I don't think they've definitely ruled him out of the game this weekend against Philly (at least from what Jason Garrett said).  I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it just seems like Jerry Jones would stop at nothing to make his $100 million investment in Romo sits to pee seem like a silly move.  If Romo sits to pee plays the game against Philly and they win, he is the "hero" of the year!  If they lose, Romo sits to pee is the talk of ESPN for his gritty, gutsy performance all week long leading to the playoffs.  It seems like Rib-Gate all over again.

Looks like you can swallow the blue pill now.  No conspiracy.  

Not your fault that you are a jealous person.  Blame your parents (everyone else does!)

Archived