Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

10 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

WE sucked at the beginning of the year and Jay was on the hot seat. He coached himself out of the hot seat.  He still has some growing to do as a head coach but he may have finally gotten this team heading in the right direction.

We lost two games. He was not on the hot seat. That is what you thought and not what the FO was thinking or me for that matgter. Even if we go 8-7-1. He still won't be on the hot seat. Last year was an anomaly to be in the playoffs. This year will also be. We are not there yet. The FO knows this. Only a stupid team would get rid of the coach who is making improvements that quick. The FO might have been upset for RG3 benching but at least Gruden showed them that he was right in starting Kirk. I was done with the RG3 experiment after he got injured and the way he couldn't read defenses. 

I would like to see Gruden here for couple of more years and have liked him from the beginning and more so after he started Kirk. :)

7 hours ago, zskins said:

We lost two games. He was not on the hot seat. That is what you thought and not what the FO was thinking or me for that matgter. Even if we go 8-7-1. He still won't be on the hot seat. Last year was an anomaly to be in the playoffs. This year will also be. We are not there yet. The FO knows this. Only a stupid team would get rid of the coach who is making improvements that quick. The FO might have been upset for RG3 benching but at least Gruden showed them that he was right in starting Kirk. I was done with the RG3 experiment after he got injured and the way he couldn't read defenses. 

I would like to see Gruden here for couple of more years and have liked him from the beginning and more so after he started Kirk. :)

If the Redskins ended up with losing season; instead of where we are now, Gruden would be on thin ice.  The team would've have given serious thought as to whether Jay was the guy. Scott may have decided to move on with someone else.   Jay got the team to turn it around.

AS it stands now, Jay is probably on the cusp on a contract extension sooner than later.  The only thing that could change that is if the team insists on Barry being let go and Jay refuses. A split occurs. 

You know, I think a surprise name that may feel the axe swing is John Harbaugh.  For a game with such serious stakes on the line (this past Monday Night in Foxborough), the Ravens fell flat on their face.  Sure, they closed their deficit significantly in the 3rd Quarter of that contest...but that seemed more like uncharacteristic mistakes the Patriots made on Special Teams.

Point is, the Ravens appear to be in a slow descent--like an aircraft landing at the airport.  I have a funny feelin' that if they stumble badly into the finish, then Baltimore will relieve him of duty.  I know a fair share of Ravens fans and they tell me that it's not far fetched at all.  Look out.

Edited by Diehard Otis

21 minutes ago, Diehard Otis said:

You know, I think a surprise name that may feel the axe swing is John Harbaugh.  For a game with such serious stakes on the line (this past Monday Night in Foxborough), the Ravens fell flat on their face.  Sure, they closed their deficit significantly in the 3rd Quarter of that contest...but that seemed more like uncharacteristic mistakes the Patriots made on Special Teams.

Point is, the Ravens appear to be in a slow descent--like an aircraft landing at the airport.  I have a funny feelin' that if they stumble badly into the finish, then Baltimore will relieve him of duty.  I know a fair share of Ravens fans and they tell me that it's not far fetched at all.  Look out.

I would laugh my ass off if this happens. I hate Harbaugh and the Ravens.

Just now, Morneblade said:

I would laugh my ass off if this happens. I hate Harbaugh and the Ravens.

I don't love them either.  But I've seen a few of their ballgames & I was struck by the lack of talent on their team.  Particularly Offensively.  And I have always considered Harbaugh an okay Coach that got handed a Talent-laden Veteran Team.  I mean, you'd have to really try hard to **** that up.  Which he didn't, but once those Players moved on, what you get is.....well, Harbaugh.

• Like 1

Rex Ryan - Bills: Didn't the owner of the Bills say if Rex didn't make the playoffs, he was out?  I swear I saw that somewhere early in the off-season, but maybe made it up. He'd be my #2 option at DC if he's fired. 

Todd Bowles - Jets - He's got a mess at QB, and the team over-achieved last year, but is completely tanking this year.  Their owner is quick on the trigger.  He'd be my #1 option at DC if he's fired.  

Marvin Lewis - Bengals - He's the second longest tenured coach behind Bill Belichick. 0 playoff wins in 7 appearances, and they're not getting to the playoffs this year.  The guy wins in the regular season, but he's essentially the new Marty.  If I were Cincy, I'd probably move on.  

Hugh Jackson - Browns - Can he survive an 0-16 season? He's a good coach.  But that's an AWFUL team.  I'm not sure you can survive 0-16 though...

Gus Bradly - Jags - This guy has to go, right?  Since 2013, he's 14-45.  The Jags spent some money in the off-season.  I think this is the lock of the century.

Mike McCoy - Chargers - This guy (If memory serves), was the OC of Peyton Manning's first year in Denver, which was a pretty spectacular offensive season.  The Chargers have not finished better than 9-7. They were 4-12 last year, and they're heading towards a losing record this year.  With, potentially, a top 10 QB.  I think maybe his achievement was more Peyton than his. 

John Fox - Bears - I would think after 2 years with putrid talent, he's safe. He's been succesful everywhere else he's coached. 

Chip Kelly - SF - hahahahahahaha. If it wasn't for Cleveland, they'd have the #1 pick.  But I think he'd probably be safe for 1 more year?

9 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Rex Ryan - Bills: Didn't the owner of the Bills say if Rex didn't make the playoffs, he was out?  I swear I saw that somewhere early in the off-season, but maybe made it up. He'd be my #2 option at DC if he's fired. 

Todd Bowles - Jets - He's got a mess at QB, and the team over-achieved last year, but is completely tanking this year.  Their owner is quick on the trigger.  He'd be my #1 option at DC if he's fired.  

Marvin Lewis - Bengals - He's the second longest tenured coach behind Bill Belichick. 0 playoff wins in 7 appearances, and they're not getting to the playoffs this year.  The guy wins in the regular season, but he's essentially the new Marty.  If I were Cincy, I'd probably move on.  

Hugh Jackson - Browns - Can he survive an 0-16 season? He's a good coach.  But that's an AWFUL team.  I'm not sure you can survive 0-16 though...

Gus Bradly - Jags - This guy has to go, right?  Since 2013, he's 14-45.  The Jags spent some money in the off-season.  I think this is the lock of the century.

Mike McCoy - Chargers - This guy (If memory serves), was the OC of Peyton Manning's first year in Denver, which was a pretty spectacular offensive season.  The Chargers have not finished better than 9-7. They were 4-12 last year, and they're heading towards a losing record this year.  With, potentially, a top 10 QB.  I think maybe his achievement was more Peyton than his. 

John Fox - Bears - I would think after 2 years with putrid talent, he's safe. He's been succesful everywhere else he's coached. 

Chip Kelly - SF - hahahahahahaha. If it wasn't for Cleveland, they'd have the #1 pick.  But I think he'd probably be safe for 1 more year?

Here's my opinion.

Rex Ryan - probably gets the ax.  Especially after the way the Steelers whupped the Bills at home this past Sunday.

Todd Bowles - doesn't look to survive that fiasco in New York (I think the Daily News called for his scalp for his mismanagement of their QB mess).

Marvin Lewis - I will believe it when I see it; he's held on through much worse in Cincinnati.

Hugh Jackson - the man should stay.  I just don't know why he'd agree to the job if he didn't have assurances that he would get time to fix it.  One year doesn't help anyone involved with that mess.

Gus Bradley- what on earth happened there?  League Observers were beginning to expect good things outta the Jags.  I agree that his time is up.

Mike McCoy - it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him get fired.  Then again, maybe this campaign just officially puts him on the hot seat.

John Fox - the Bears have become a laughing stock.  I expect him to get the boot.

Chip Kelly - **** him.  He has earned the right to be the Coach of the worst team in The NFC.  I hope the 9ers keep him.  They deserve each other.

And Gus Bradley gets the axe in Jacksonville. I really feel for the guy because I thought he was doing a good job until Blake **** it all over by playing poorly this year...

I doubt firing him will help them in any way this year, they could just have waited until the end of the season to part ways. Firing after 14 weeks, doesn't help much...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

And Gus Bradley gets the axe in Jacksonville. I really feel for the guy because I thought he was doing a good job until Blake **** it all over by playing poorly this year...

I doubt firing him will help them in any way this year, they could just have waited until the end of the season to part ways. Firing after 14 weeks, doesn't help much...

Idk about that, it certainly gives them time to make their list of coaches to interview 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

With Bradley being fired, there should be at least 2 interesting candidates for us to interview for Defensive Coordinator, right? Bradley, Rex Ryan (bills likely to fire him after the season according to reports), maybe Todd Bowles if the jets fire him after the season? 

I know Rex's qualifications and history well (he is a fellow podophile afterall) but remind me again of Bowles and Bradley

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83

14 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

I know Rex's qualifications and history well (he is a fellow podophile afterall) but remind me again of Bowles and Bradley

I don't know anything about Bowles and Bradley, I just saw posts these past few weeks saying we should hire either of those two. Wait, Rex is a pedophile???