Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the best potential head coach that is available?

MK25toLife

if Mike ends up in Houston he will be in superbowl next year. they got enough players to turn it around next year. we got nothing, stupid Snyder and Cerrato screwed us up for next 10 years.

RG3, Trent Williams, Alfred Morris, Pierre Garcon, Jordan Reed, Darrell Young is a fantastic starting point on offense for a new coach.

If we switch back to a 4-3, Orakpo and Kerrigan as DEs is damn nice.

QB is a huge piece of the puzzle. Texans don't really have that piece, we do. This team doesn't need a full rebuild like other teams do.

I honestly can't think of a better situation than Washington. Maybe Tampa, but they may keep Schiano.  Good QB, Young players to build around, and a loyal fan base. 

Lol loyal fanbase? I was at their game today and the stadium was half empty even though it was 83 degrees and sunny. Not to mention half the fans in attendance were Bills fans. Somehow the Skins had more fans in the seats during a snow storm in our worst year in recent memory than the Bucs had after winning 3 of their last 4. Personally, I think TB is a lame franchise. 

if Mike ends up in Houston he will be in superbowl next year. they got enough players to turn it around next year. we got nothing, stupid Snyder and Cerrato screwed us up for next 10 years.

Mike has been here for four entire seasons, and it's still Vinny's fault? Open your eyes.

Lol loyal fanbase? I was at their game today and the stadium was half empty even though it was 83 degrees and sunny. Not to mention half the fans in attendance were Bills fans. Somehow the Skins had more fans in the seats during a snow storm in our worst year in recent memory than the Bucs had after winning 3 of their last 4. Personally, I think TB is a lame franchise.

I had heard that the bucs were candidates for the London franchise.

They're a lame franchise

RG3, Trent Williams, Alfred Morris, Pierre Garcon, Jordan Reed, Darrell Young is a fantastic starting point on offense for a new coach.

If we switch back to a 4-3, Orakpo and Kerrigan as DEs is damn nice.

QB is a huge piece of the puzzle. Texans don't really have that piece, we do. This team doesn't need a full rebuild like other teams do.

You really would take the talent on this team over the Texans? Let's just give the texans the entire defensive side of the ball to start with imo.  On O i would take Posey, Hopkins, and Johnson over the skins wr, I would push on the te's graham and O. Daniels. Maybe edge skins I like Reed but need to see him stay a bit more healthy. Tate and Foster I think are just as good as Morris and helu. I love Morris, but lets see if he is a Shanny product or can play in the next O. Morris certianly will not fit in a spread offense look like Philly if that is the direction the skins go.  D. Brown at LT is every bit as good as T. Williams without the strikes against him.  Lets face it nobody is going to take the rest of the skins line over the texans either. So it comes down to QB. Is Griff better then what the Texans might get with the #1 or 2 pick in the draft?  Maybe, Maybe not. If they draft a Qb they got 5 yrs of a low cap hit qb, the skins only got 3 more years of a cap fiendly qb before we have to pay griff 15-20 mill a year.

Actually, Tampa Bay has a fairly loyal fan base. As long as they win games. They haven't won much lately. You can't blame fans that don't show up when the team and the coaches barely do themselves! Especially at NFL prices.

According to league sources, it appears we are already looking at Baylor's Art Briles.

Putting asides Art's good history with RG3, he turned Houston & Baylor's turd football programs into a diamond. That's amazing stuff.

Doesn't guarantee his success int he NFL. A LOT of college coaches have failed in the NFL.  It's a MUCH tougher game!  And Snyder can't afford to throw the dice on a fat chance at this point!

You really would take the talent on this team over the Texans? Let's just give the texans the entire defensive side of the ball to start with imo.  On O i would take Posey, Hopkins, and Johnson over the skins wr, I would push on the te's graham and O. Daniels. Maybe edge skins I like Reed but need to see him stay a bit more healthy. Tate and Foster I think are just as good as Morris and helu. I love Morris, but lets see if he is a Shanny product or can play in the next O. Morris certianly will not fit in a spread offense look like Philly if that is the direction the skins go.  D. Brown at LT is every bit as good as T. Williams without the strikes against him.  Lets face it nobody is going to take the rest of the skins line over the texans either. So it comes down to QB. Is Griff better then what the Texans might get with the #1 or 2 pick in the draft?  Maybe, Maybe not. If they draft a Qb they got 5 yrs of a low cap hit qb, the skins only got 3 more years of a cap fiendly qb before we have to pay griff 15-20 mill a year.

Frankly, it's all about the QB and our situation there is much better, add on top of that we have stuff to work with and there you go. Texans have injury problems with their offensive weapons Johnson, Foster, and now Tate, and their good TE Daniels as well. 

But my response was to someone saying Skins have a terrible roster/are unattractive option. Texans are a good spot for a HC, but actually so are Skins.

I was actually referring to the Redskins....

Here's why I wouldn't go for Briles: The reason that Robert is behind other QBs in drop-back passing and being a polished passer is the system that he ran in college. I'm not sure implementing that going backwards is really the right thing for him.

I'd prefer to go with somebody from the NFL who has recently implemented an NFL style offense with a young, mobile QB successfully.

The job of the next coaching staff is going to be to manage and groom Griffin. Period. He's the guy, he's the franchise QB. And he gets 3 more years to prove it. (Based on his 5 year rookie contract, I believe)

So, I'd like somebody who has experience implementing a traditional offense with a mobile QB.

Doesn't guarantee his success int he NFL. A LOT of college coaches have failed in the NFL.  It's a MUCH tougher game!  And Snyder can't afford to throw the dice on a fat chance at this point!

Agreed. Though it seems it would be Allen, Brown, and maybe AJ making the call, NOT Snyder. I don;t think those guys would hire a guy straight out of college, I see them hiring a young, proven coord. in the NFL, hence my fingers are crossed for Jay Gruden or Brevell.

It doesn't guarantee success, but what hire does?

Right now, I see 3 former college coaches doing well. Jim Harbaugh, Pete Carroll, Chip Kelly. All turned football programs around in college and have made the transition to the pros fairly well.

Archived