Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it possible we could be giving up the #1 pick?

#1skinsfanever

We can't do anything about the 1st round pick but we can improve our teams with the earlier picks in the 2nd and 3rd round picks which are valuable trade bait.  If we can somehow flip KC for a top 50 pick, we would have 2 round picks and maybe package one of those to add another 3rd and a 5th.  

There was no good reason to assume, when the trade for Griffin was made, that we'd land with a top 5 pick two years later. You can't hold off on such a trade fearing that such a circumstance could happen, because doing so would basically make such trades impossible. We've said for years we needed to do anything we could to get a franchise quarterback. That's what we did. Would it suck if we ended up with a top 5 pick and having to see it go to someone else? Absolutely! But it wouldn't change the fact that I thought the trade for Griffin was a reasonable and understandable one.

There was no good reason to assume, when the trade for Griffin was made, that we'd land with a top 5 pick two years later. You can't hold off on such a trade fearing that such a circumstance could happen, because doing so would basically make such trades impossible. We've said for years we needed to do anything we could to get a franchise quarterback. That's what we did. Would it suck if we ended up with a top 5 pick and having to see it go to someone else? Absolutely! But it wouldn't change the fact that I thought the trade for Griffin was a reasonable and understandable one.

and anyway there was no real reason to assume we wouldn't give up a top ten pick in the first year.  Not every rookie comes in and blows away the league

Is it possible to rate this thread 0 stars?

4 teams with worse records and we have winnable games left. Thread comes off as trolling.

Trolling, really?  I had the same thought when the Bucs and Jags won today.  That pick is inching closer to #1 overall.  

Archived