Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Griffin Points Blame At Coaching (Postgame-Eagles)

truskinsfan18

Sure wish you'd stop posting the same thing over and over again. I get it, Griffin is scum of the earth who tricked you into believing he's a good guy.

Love the way you paraphrase and interpret the words that I use. Never said or implied Robert was the scum of the earth, your words not mine. Never said he wasn't a good guy, what I am saying is that all the attention by the media has gone to his head to a degree and he seems unable to accept his mistakes of which there are many obvious mistakes in crucial situations. Your need to paint anyone that offers practical points of view and rational analysis which is being repeated by HOF QB Sonny Jurgensen and others would make me believe that you would rather live in denial.

Like all Redskin fans I want nothing more than for Robert to succeed, however I have been consistent since just after the loss to the Seahawks game when RGIII's desire to insist on playing  something that should have been the HCs decision, a decision that was obvious to anyone with eyes and common sense. But this HC doesn't have the balls to do his job properly and seems to be intimidated by RGIII's status. A decision that I would add cost us that playoff game and caused a more devastating injury.

Roberts all out assault in the media to campaign for his being the starter of the regular season against historical perspectives and many experts that saw this as a mistake. Yeah, the doctor said the knee was sound. That shouldn't mean neccessarily that he was football ready. Something that proved to be right for the first 5 games. Maybe it is because he is somewhat immature to insist that his personal situtation was more important than that of the team has caused resentments among the rest of his team mates in my opinion. Cetainly it has frustrated me and other fans.

I have mantained all along that Cousins and the team should have known with certainty that he would open the season as the starter until RGIII was truly ready. Instead he threw his tantrums to have his way and once again Shanahan folded to RGIII's will instead of being a HC using better judgement and sitting him.

It is not all RGIII's fault, I put most of the blame on Shanahan.

Of course I wouldn't be happy, but each man need to do his job & ESPECIALLY when it comes to Shanahan play-calls...Each man executing is assumed & you need to do what's assigned before ad-libbing. Execution is presumed & lack of it is dealt with in meetings & practices as I'm sure Helu will be dealt with accordingly.

The fact is that his primary read on that play was to the left, Robinson's route was never intended to hit the pylon as he was meant to cut back inside & he didn't look back to the pocket until he made his stop-cut which was already way too late.

So you would not be happy if Orakpo did not beat a running back trying to pass block him but you still think a running back should be able to execute a block on a pass rushing OLB/DE one on one. Do you see the inconsistency in your position?

I have made no comment in any thread about Robinson being open or RGIII missing an opportunity to throw to him so your talking to wrong guy about that.

So you would not be happy if Orakpo did it beat a running back trying to pass block him but you still think a running back should be able to execute a block on a pass rushing OLB/DE one on one. Do you see the inconsistency in your position?

I have made no comment in any thread about Robinson being open or RGIII missing an opportunity to throw to him so your talking to wrong guy about that.

Its a horrible matchup for a RB that doesn't have the sole job of blocking like the OL does and usually gives up weight/strength to the defender too. Still, I'd hope he could at least get in the OLB/DEs way and impede his progress somewhat even though he definitely should get abused in that matchup 9.5 times out of 10. 

You just can't whiff or get tossed to the side like a rag doll. At least stand in the way. 

So you would not be happy if Orakpo did it beat a running back trying to pass block him but you still think a running back should be able to execute a block on a pass rushing OLB/DE one on one. Do you see the inconsistency in your position?

Just the shear physics alone don't lend itself to being a good situation. You have a bigger guy with a running start attempting to be blocked by a smaller guy who is basically standing still and whose primary skill set is to run/catch the ball not block.

I was speaking to the room, as it were, on the 2nd.

As to the first...not an inconsistency as far as I see it. Would I be happy? No. But I would have no choice but to tip my hat...just as I would to the rushing Eagle defender. That said...it was Helu's missed assignment that blew up the play which is no fault of Griifin's in any amount. I'm happy to accept he made a few mistakes on Sunday & take it with a grain of salt. The amount of good he has been, & can potentially provide going forward greatly outweighs the bad in his case & much of the scabs our fan base is picking at are prime examples of where the team & coaching around him is failing us.

I actually am ashamed & dismayed to see so many so-called fans crucifying our franchise QB at this stage of his career, after THAT rookie season, with all of this flotsam & jetsam floating around this team.

It's bewildering to see from a fan base I have thought of as football smart. I guess it's to be expected...after all...One can only take so much heartache, inconsistency, & ineptitude...I guess.

My friend you're counting the 1 that we already had in the first place. We didn't give that up, we TRADED places with another team for their position with their 1. We actually gave up 2 1's and a 2 for RG3!!! Look at it this way so you can better understand. If we both where standing in line and you was ahead of me and I had 4 pennies and you had 1 penny and I said if you let me go ahead of you I will give you 3 more of my pennies, how many pennies will I have left? 1 right? The penny I had left I purchased my goods with the penny I was going to use anyway regardless. So how did I give it away if it was used to purchase what I was getting in the first place?

If we gave AWAY "4 picks", where did we get the pick from to get RG3?

The fact is we gave 4 picks for Griffin (3 1sts and a 2nd).  We had to use a pick to acquire him.  If we only gave 3 picks from Griffin then we would have a 1st round this year.  If we do not have the 2012 1st round pick then we do not get Griffin so therefore you have to include that pick as part of getting him.  So in order for Griffin to be on our team, we had to use the 2012, 2013, 2014 1st round picks and the 2012 2nd round pick.  Those add up to total 4.

If we only swapped placed would you say that we didn't spend anything on Griffin?  You are required to spend a minimum of 1 pick on a player unless they go undrafted.

The fact is we gave 4 picks for Griffin (3 1sts and a 2nd).  We had to use a pick to acquire him.  If we only gave 3 picks from Griffin then we would have a 1st round this year.  If we do not have the 2012 1st round pick then we do not get Griffin so therefore you have to include that pick as part of getting him.  So in order for Griffin to be on our team, we had to use the 2012, 2013, 2014 1st round picks and the 2012 2nd round pick.  Those add up to total 4.

If we only swapped placed would you say that we didn't spend anything on Griffin?  You are required to spend a minimum of 1 pick on a player unless they go undrafted.

Are you people still discussing this?

Jesus.  This team sucks.

Its a horrible matchup for a RB that doesn't have the sole job of blocking like the OL does and usually gives up weight/strength to the defender too. Still, I'd hope he could at least get in the OLB/DEs way and impede his progress somewhat even though he definitely should get abused in that matchup 9.5 times out of 10. 

You just can't whiff or get tossed to the side like a rag doll. At least stand in the way.

No question that Helu has to do a better job. But still as a QB you have to be aware that you have an unfavorable matchup to that side in your protection and anticipate quick pressure. That's all I'm saying and I'm surprised it seems to be controversial.

No question that Helu has to do a better job. But still as a QB you have to be aware that you have an unfavorable matchup to that side in your protection and anticipate quick pressure. That's all I'm saying and I'm surprised it seems to be controversial.

No I agree completely. No sure if RG3 was aware that was happening or not and if not it's on him and the coaches to make sure he knows that it's coming next time. 

I actually am ashamed & dismayed to see so many so-called fans crucifying our franchise QB at this stage of his career, after THAT rookie season, with all of this flotsam & jetsam floating around this team.

To be clear I'm delighted we have RGIII as our QB. He has the talent and work ethic to be our QB and play at a Pro Bowl level for the next 10 years. However there are things he needs to improve on and anticipation of pressure and the pocket presence that go with that is one of those areas IMO. Also IMO the play we are discussing is one example of where he can do a better job protecting himself and the ball by seeing the problem before it happens.

No I agree completely. No sure if RG3 was aware that was happening or not and if not it's on him and the coaches to make sure he knows that it's coming next time.

Trust me getting trucked by a 260lb linebacker is an excellent learning experience - it really sticks in your memory :-) I would think next time he sees he has a back one on one pass blocking a free OLB/DE he will either change the protection or audible (the optimum solution if he is allowed to do that) or be very aware he needs to get the ball out of his hand!

You obviously didn't read my post responding to your other post. It's right there on pg 11. But, ok whatever you say at this point. It's pretty much pointless to keep discussing this anyways.

Don't bother. Some people are so determined to pretend he cost less than he did that they have invented a new form of math.

Don't bother. Some people are so determined to pretend he cost less than he did that they have invented a new form of math.

I think people look at it as, since you have to spend the pick on something, they don't count the swapped pick because it was going to be used on someone no matter what. I don't necessarily agree with that assessment but it doesn't bother me.

Its a pointless argument, and it reminds me of the bickering over whether the millennium started in 2000 or 2001. Either way, Y2K didn't happen so who cares?

Cam Newton's number is in his cellphone contacts. RG3 should be calling and asking for tips on how to conduct oneself on the sideline and during press conferences. Both G3 and Kaep should be calling and asking Cam how to read defenses and go through their progressions as well.

LMAO people think he was bashing the coaching staff because he said "They did a great job of scheming us and knew exactly what was coming" ?

WOW is this ESPN ? He was giving the eagles a compliment, not bashing our current coaching staff.

Panther fans bashed Cam Newton religiously when the panthers struggled now they are back on his jock strap now that the panthers are 7-3.

The same will happen with RGIII and we'll look back at the post of the fans who turned on him and realized how foolish they were. lol

I think people look at it as, since you have to spend the pick on something, they don't count the swapped pick because it was going to be used on someone no matter what. I don't necessarily agree with that assessment but it doesn't bother me.

Its a pointless argument, and it reminds me of the bickering over whether the millennium started in 2000 or 2001. Either way, Y2K didn't happen so who cares?

Sometimes, but not always, pointless. But I've had the conversation where I say in the sense that TWilliams cost us a 1st, Griffin cost us three 1s and a 2 and they insist that he doesn't. At that point it's just willful stupidity, and it's impossible to conduct a discussion.

How ever long it took you make this horribly constructed post, I assure you it took much less time for RGIII to tweet to his guys to keep their heads up.

Are you aware that constructing 140 characters into a sentence or motivational phrase takes almost no discernable amount of time? Or do you struggle that much with the English language?

You realize that football players have lives outside of the game and do things, like eat food, drink water, socialize with friends and family, have sex with their wives in their own house and so on? That they aren't locked in cages at Ashburn being forced via cattle prod to go over route trees?

Fans like you who think you take a game and what it takes to be great at it more seriously than a guy who puts in 12+ hours daily working on his craft are the freaking worst.

If you have a job to do why don't you get off the internet and focusing every last bit of energy on winning Employee of the Year like a PROFESSIONAL instead of a primadonna who spends all of his time jawing on message boards.

If you think that last part sounded ridiculous, good. It was supposed to.

WOW are you RG3s friend? Talking all kinds of **** when everyone sees he is a BIG problem

LMAO people think he was bashing the coaching staff because he said "They did a great job of scheming us and knew exactly what was coming" ?

WOW is this ESPN ? He was giving the eagles a compliment, not bashing our current coaching staff.

Panther fans bashed Cam Newton religiously when the panthers struggled now they are back on his jock strap now that the panthers are 7-3.

The same will happen with RGIII and we'll look back at the post of the fans who turned on him and realized how foolish they were. lol

I haven't turned on him.

I just think it is out of his realm to speak on scheme when he played terribly.

First post on Extreme Skins. Been a die hard fan since the mid 70's. After watching RG3 for two years, he just doesn't look like he's ever going to pass the ball like the top guys do. He's got a strong arm but lacks touch, anticipation pinpoint accuracy and feel for the passing game. Plus giving up all those picks was just crazy. This trade is one of the reasons this team stinks.

Dude. Just walk away from this. You started a stupid thread predicated on reading between the lines of a press conference answer. This isn't scripted. Theres no hidden message. He answered a question that was posed by a reporter. That's it. This thread is a huge fail and you should be embarrassed.

I actually heard a part of Santana's weekly radio appearance today. he was very measured and careful about what he said but definitely said Robert shouldn't have answered the question that way. I guess you would label him a "huge fail" and tell him he should be embarrassed

I actually heard a part of Santana's weekly radio appearance today. he was very measured and careful about what he said but definitely said Robert shouldn't have answered the question that way. I guess you would label him a "huge fail" and tell him he should be embarrassed

Thank you for bringing sense into this thread. Glad there are also a few people who can look at things objectively.

Archived