Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cnn.com: Rand Paul On Plagiarism: 'we've Been Sloppy'

PeterMP

I thought we had a everything Rand Paul thread, but I couldn't find it.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/05/paul-making-changes-to-prevent-more-instances-of-plagiarism/?hpt=hp_t2

"Sen. Rand Paul took responsibility Tuesday for instances of plagiarism exposed in his speeches and writings, saying his office has been "sloppy" and pledging to add footnotes to all of his future material.

"Ultimately I'm the boss, and things go out under my name, and so it is my fault," Paul said on CNN's The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer."

He appearantly lifted a paragraph in hi book from the Heritage Foundation.  He cited them, but didn't indicate it all that it was a direct quote.

If dueling were legal, I would venture to say people would be lining up to take him up on his challenge. What a friggin moron.

Rand Paul's Washington Times Column Put To An End Amid Plagiarism Charges

Paul said in a New York Times interview on Tuesday that he would not be firing anyone, but planned a "restructuring" of his staff and a different approach in the future.

"What we are going to do from here forward, if it will make people leave me the hell alone, is we’re going to do them like college papers," he said Tuesday. "We’re going to try to put out footnotes. We’re going to have them available. If people want to request the footnoted version, we’re going to have it available."

Note to Paul: Footnotes do not give you the right to copy/paste other peoples work and pass it off as your own.

Did he have his duel yet? :D

In case somebody is wondering:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/04/paul-responds-to-growing-number-of-plagiarism-charges/

""I take it as an insult, and I will not lie down and say people can call me dishonest, misleading or misrepresenting - I have never intentionally done so and like I say, 'If dueling were legal in Kentucky, if they keep it up, you know it'd be a duel challenge,' " Paul said Sunday on ABC's "This Week.""

It wasn't just a paragraph in his book.  It was 3 pages, if I remember correctly...not that Heritage complained, LOL.

I wonder if Duke is going to look into the papers he wrote while in school.  He couldn't even pass the buck properly, which most politicians master rather quickly...like Rachel said, "Blame an intern, dude."  :lol:

No, they don't care. He could steal quotes from Big-Top PeeWee and they'd eat it up. 

I do wonder how much of this he's done his entire life, especially in school.

They'll probably start protests against the "i" in "plagiarism".

It don't belong there.

Should be "plajerizum" like it was before that damn Obama went and changed it.

Damn schools and their damn high falutin' "teachers" and what not.

~Bang

The integrity of my beloved Duke is on the line...I'm uber-curious about this. :angry:

Duke won't do anything. Private school. Rebuffed requests for info some some athletes and their education a decade ago. Probably a lot of boosters who would prefer nothing is asked. Plus, do they really keep all those papers from students?

I'm thinking, if this is the worst that people can say about Rand Paul, then either

1) They haven't been paying attention, or

2) The guy's perfect.

(My money's on 1.)

I dont think any rational person would say that this is the worst thing that could be said about him.  But in the convoluted realm of politics, it is a quantifiable demonstration of his stupidity, arrogance, and moral fibre. *That* is why this matters.

Dude has made entire speeches that were just word for word recitations of Wikipedia articles.  It's not his staff.   He's a joke.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2013/nov/01/rachel-maddow/rachel-maddow-says-rand-pauls-gattaca-speech-was-t/

Politifact says: True

. Plus, do they really keep all those papers from students?

No, they don't.  

And it it continues....

Rand Paul On Plagiarism Claims: 'It Annoys The Hell Out Of Me'

"I’m being criticized for not having proper attribution, and yet they are able to write stuff that if I were their journalism teacher in college, I would fail them," he added.

Apparently he knows nothing about journalism as well. 

The irony that his own plagiarism would have likely gotten him kicked out of college seems lost on him.

And it should not be lost that at no point has he apologized to the organizations and people he STOLE intellectual property from.

Low hanging fruit, Larry (akin to the brouhaha over Rush Limbaugh drug usage).

They both speak to the character of the man, but they really are minimal to capturing the evil of the person.

I see no relevance to the Rush Limbaugh story.

Rush, like many other people got hooked on pain pills while using them for legitimate reasons. I can't stand the man, but I would be the first to say using his addiction against him was petty and just plain wrong.

Paul simply choses to crap all over the rights of others by selling the intellectual property of others as his own work.

Dude has made entire speeches that were just word for word recitations of Wikipedia articles.  It's not his staff.   He's a joke.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2013/nov/01/rachel-maddow/rachel-maddow-says-rand-pauls-gattaca-speech-was-t/

Dang, Predicto, but you're proving my point.

You post a link which is about Rand Paul giving a campaign speech at Liberty University. For the purpose of endorsing Cuccinelli, for Governor. In which he raised the scary specter of eugenics. (In the context of Obamacare?)

And what gets picked on, is that he quoted Wikipedia?

No, they don't.  

Well so did Joe Biden right.....   That's what ended his own solo Presidential aspirations prior to Obama tapping him for VP;  plagiarizing Bobby Kennedy's stump speeches.   Word for Word.

My favorite part of Rand Paul's defense was when he was talking about the demanding schedule of a senator didn't allow him the ability to vet his speeches thoroughly....     I suspect the Democratic party will be clipping that video snippet....

I mean if you don't have the ability of being 1 of 100 senators... one of the most junior senators at that.     How can anybody take you seriously running for President.

Dang, Predicto, but you're proving my point.

You post a link which is about Rand Paul giving a campaign speech at Liberty University. For the purpose of endorsing Cuccinelli, for Governor. In which he raised the scary specter of eugenics. (In the context of Obamacare?)

And what gets picked on, is that he quoted Wikipedia?

Well, that is what the thread is about right now.  The plagarism.  I'm happy to tell you all the reasons that this Ayn Rand worshiping hypocritical civil rights opposing economically clueless extremist is horrible, but I was trying to stay on point.   :) 

Well so did Joe Biden right.....   That's what ended his own solo Presidential aspirations prior to Obama tapping him for VP;  plagiarizing Bobby Kennedy's stump speeches.   Word for Word.

Yep, not just Bobby Kennedy but a British politician, and he also cheated in law school.   Not a Biden fan either.

This guy is a self important long winded narcissistic douchebag just like his father. Fruit never falls far from the tree

Here's a tip for you clowns gullible enough to follow this guy. Anyone who proclaims to have all the answers is not someone you want to listen to. That advice is free. You're welcome, don't mention it

And it it continues....

The irony that his own plagiarism would have likely gotten him kicked out of college seems lost on him.

And it should not be lost that at no point has he apologized to the organizations and people he STOLE intellectual property from.

And it it continues....

Do you expect any different from one of the biggest narcissistic assholes on the planet?

Guy gets busted, he then throws everyone else under the bus, and even when he has no way out other than to own up to it, he still finds ways to sling poo

This guy is exactly who we thought he is. I'm sure his cult will keep eating and regurgitating his **** though. this wont phase them a bit

Archived