DM72

Xbox One Vs Ps4

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

If you haven't played Divinity Original Sin 2 and you're an RPG fan, go and play it. Its incredible.

 

I was about 5 seconds from buying it but the GF wouldn't play it with me. I still may get it when I get some free cash. I wanna play it. Diablo was a guilty pleasure of mine (and hers) for a while and Divinity seems like a better version of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Llevron said:

 

I was about 5 seconds from buying it but the GF wouldn't play it with me. I still may get it when I get some free cash. I wanna play it. Diablo was a guilty pleasure of mine (and hers) for a while and Divinity seems like a better version of it. 

You don't have to play it co op but it does make it more fun with some of the character interactions. It can make certain points in the game...interesting though(don't want to spoil).

 

I wouldn't say its like Diablo though besides the isometric view. The combat is turn based and much more tactical. I loved it but it can start off extremely difficult(the beginning of the game is by far the hardest part, but once you get to like 75% of the way through you're kinda just plowing everything).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody here played Oblivion? @Llevron @clietas @Dont Taze Me Bro @Predicto

 

Saw it was like $100 and thought "Hmm, for a game with no makeover like Skyrim that sure seems steep" I admit, a game primarily centered around the Daedra seems fun, seeing as during my TES tenure, I lean towards foul necromancy/dastardly behaviour.

 

But dawg, those graphics (and if it wasn't  Bethesda it wouldn't be so hazardous to my health). Is it really worth it to go waywayback in that way back machine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Anybody here played Oblivion? @Llevron @clietas @Dont Taze Me Bro @Predicto

 

Saw it was like $100 and thought "Hmm, for a game with no makeover like Skyrim that sure seems steep" I admit, a game primarily centered around the Daedra seems fun, seeing as during my TES tenure, I lean towards foul necromancy/dastardly behaviour.

 

But dawg, those graphics (and if it wasn't  Bethesda it wouldn't be so hazardous to my health). Is it really worth it to go waywayback in that way back machine?

 

Oblivion was the reason I bought a 360. It's one of my favorite games ever. Admittedly, I was fairly new to such a level of open-world do anything i want RPG. I absolutely loved it though and I think it's better experience than Skyrim, granted I never finished Skyrim. The overall story of a daedric invasion was a lot of fun. The guilds had some great stuff too, Dark Brotherhood being a huge highlight to me. 

 

I thought the world was more varied, had a better layout and was more interesting while the characters and story were a lot better too. 

 

The graphics might be a little...rough at this point though. Those 360 era graphics didn't age as gracefully previous generations. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Anybody here played Oblivion? @Llevron @clietas @Dont Taze Me Bro @Predicto

 

Saw it was like $100 and thought "Hmm, for a game with no makeover like Skyrim that sure seems steep" I admit, a game primarily centered around the Daedra seems fun, seeing as during my TES tenure, I lean towards foul necromancy/dastardly behaviour.

 

But dawg, those graphics (and if it wasn't  Bethesda it wouldn't be so hazardous to my health). Is it really worth it to go waywayback in that way back machine?

 

Hell naw not for 100 bucks. And I had to have put close to 500 hours in Oblivion. But everything it does well Skyrim does better - and has better mods, and has better graphics. Honestly the only reason I would buy it if I were you is because I know you are into the story telling and role playing. It would be a different adventure and it plays right into Skyrim if you follow it.....but for 100? Hell naw homie. 

 

 

 

 

Edit: @Mr. Sinister Im also the one who highly recommended ESO to you soooooooo lol

 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

You don't have to play it co op but it does make it more fun with some of the character interactions. It can make certain points in the game...interesting though(don't want to spoil).

 

I wouldn't say its like Diablo though besides the isometric view. The combat is turn based and much more tactical. I loved it but it can start off extremely difficult(the beginning of the game is by far the hardest part, but once you get to like 75% of the way through you're kinda just plowing everything).

 

Yea the tactical part is what I like and the girl hates 

Edited by Llevron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$100 obviously includes the Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine which are two really good DLC expansions. 

 

Shivering Isles brings an entirely new map, world and a ton of new content. 

 

I don’t know why it’s $100. Does it come with a Deadra weapon or something?

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

$100 obviously includes the Shivering aisles and Knights of the Nine which are two really good expansions. 

 

Shivering Isles brings an entirely new map, world and a ton of new content. 

 

Yea thats half of the time I put into it. I still dont think I would pay 100 for something that came out like 10 years ago - but I cant sit here and act like I didn't put some years into this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Llevron said:

 

Yea thats half of the time I put into it. I still dont think I would pay 100 for something that came out like 10 years ago - but I cant sit here and act like I didn't put some years into this game. 

 

Yeah that’s still ridiculously high. Sin- just get that online for like $15 

 

they are price gouging or it’s a typo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swear to y'all I saw that **** for a a hundred. And yeah, I'm a big lore fan of the books within the gane. In  that way, it's already a bit spoiled, seeing as The Oblivion Crisis is talked about extensively in Skyrim, but I'd love to explore true Cyrodiil, and not the lite beer ESO version. And as for ESO @Llevron, it's not that bad now, I just turn off everything that let's me communicate with humans lol, save for the guild traders. Was in zone a week back and some dudes were literally arguing because someone wouldn't say hi over some nonsense (I was just trying to sell that New Life Festival Stuff)

 

Some of these dudes will never see a vagina, or outside/fresh air, and I feel bad for them. Starting to warm up to it a bit though. I'll see where it goes.

 

Right on time though is the datamined Elseweyr DLC, featuring dragons (wtf, but whatever) and the NECROMANCER skill line. Y'all know how much I love my undead homies. 🤘

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS4, in the PS Store. I sawit, and was shocked. Didn't seem to be a PS+ thing, don't remember if it was PSNow.

 

But it was there, and it said $100. I'm exclusively PS4 now (junked my old 3) so not like I can roll into Gamestop.... I mean I could, but I'm not getting a fresh PS3 just to play Oblivion.

 

I can only surmise it was a PSN exclusive port of some kind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I don't think so. It's still PS3/360 only as a remaster hadn't been done. It is available for the 3 via PS Now but it's not for the 4. You can play the 360 version on the Xbox One though. 

 

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/05/oblivion-dishonored-more-join-the-playstation-now-lineup/

 

Edit..actually you might be able to play that game on the PS4 because PS Now is essentially Sony's way of doing backwards compatibility. You can get a free 7 day trial of PS Now at the PS store.

 

https://youtu.be/IAXbkr21NwI

Edited by The Evil Genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, I gotta check that out when I get home. If it's on PSNow there's no way in sam hell it should be  $100.

 

But it's definitely playable on the 4, because I freaking saw it.

 

I already have PSNow 

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

Oblivion was the reason I bought a 360. It's one of my favorite games ever.

 

Same. Bought my first hd tv ta go with em. Morrowind is still prolly my fav es game. Oblivion is close tho.

 

22 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

 

I already have PSNow 

 

Internets say its on PSNow but only for PS3. Weird since both are available for xbox one n pc.

 

Definitely recommend oblivion and morrowind if you haven't. 

Edited by clietas
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, clietas said:

Same. Bought my first hd tv ta go with em. Morrowind is still prolly my fav es game. Oblivion is close tho.

 

I thought Morrowind was PC only though? Perhaps I missed it. I've always wanted to play it though since I've heard there isn't a compass like in Oblivion and Skyrim. So if a quest says its over by a cave near a city, you actually have to go find it yourself based on the instructions.


That seems both amazing and insane at the same time lol

14 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm pretty sure PS Now only works on the PS4 and PC these days. 

 

YEah and you can play PS3 games on the PS4 with PSNow. I was playing Shadow of the Colossus and other PS3 games when the service first came out. 

 

*edit: i thought SOTC was the PS3 version but maybe it was actually the PS2. I don't even remember which is on PSNow

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was playing PS2 games on Now over the summer with my nephew. We played Twisted Metal (PS3 game), they started featuring ps4 games and PS2 games at some point.

 

Still doesn't explain the $100 tag though. Almost like an owned streaming feature. But the kicker with Now games is you don't have access to DLC and any other add on content usually 

 

Sooo, wtf? I'll find out when I get home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clietas said:

 

Same. Bought my first hd tv ta go with em. Morrowind is still prolly my fav es game. Oblivion is close

 

Some people I've talked to (sparingly) in ESO chat had mentioned Morrowind too. One thing I will say is that I feel Skyrim missed out on an opportunity to New Vegas it up a bit, if you know what I mean.

 

I feel like the Volkihar, the Forsworn, the Bandits, the Orc Strongholds, and the Vigilants of Stendarr could have been a compelling arm, or a direct threat to the Stormcloaks and Imperials. Maybe even the Blades, if you were allowed to build them up even bigger and squash the rebellion, then fight Alduin 

 

Once you beat Alduin, it's really hard caring at all about the Civil War, unless you side with Ulfric 

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Anybody here played Oblivion? @Llevron @clietas @Dont Taze Me Bro @Predicto

 

Saw it was like $100 and thought "Hmm, for a game with no makeover like Skyrim that sure seems steep" I admit, a game primarily centered around the Daedra seems fun, seeing as during my TES tenure, I lean towards foul necromancy/dastardly behaviour.

 

But dawg, those graphics (and if it wasn't  Bethesda it wouldn't be so hazardous to my health). Is it really worth it to go waywayback in that way back machine?

 

I have not played that one.  Hundred duckets.......geez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, what?? $100 for Oblivion? That's ridiculous. I'm sure you can find it dirt cheap even with all DLC somewhere else. Someone is trying to scam you pal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

I thought Morrowind was PC only though? Perhaps I missed it. I've always wanted to play it though since I've heard there isn't a compass like in Oblivion and Skyrim. So if a quest says its over by a cave near a city, you actually have to go find it yourself based on the instructions.


That seems both amazing and insane at the same time lol

 

 

It was ported to the orginal xbox. Spent most o the 2004 summer playing that n the 2k baskestballs. 

 

Yeah the map made things quite difficult. Really frustrating at times. Relying on direction from the journal could be quite challenging. 

 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

 

Some people I've talked to (sparingly) in ESO chat had mentioned Morrowind too. One thing I will say is that I feel Skyrim missed out on an opportunity to New Vegas it up a bit, if you know what I mean.

 

I feel like the Volkihar, the Forsworn, the Bandits, the Orc Strongholds, and the Vigilants of Stendarr could have been a compelling arm, or a direct threat to the Stormcloaks and Imperials. Maybe even the Blades, if you were allowed to build them up even bigger and squash the rebellion, then fight Alduin 

 

Once you beat Alduin, it's really hard caring at all about the Civil War, unless you side with Ulfric 

 

That's one of the many things I loved about Morrowind. There were so many different factions to join. Most items or persons could be interacted with. Chance for attacks to hit were skill based. Challenging fools in the arena was a blast. Spellmaking..... 

 

Im always tempted ta buy the pc version n replay it. Fond memories of that great Rpg.

Edited by clietas
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.