Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

6 minutes ago, youngchew said:

That is totally us, Taze LOL.  Couple of foul-mouthed d-bags.  I love it.

Yeah man, it's a blast too!  Been playing NBA 2K17 non-stop, bought ARK Survival Evolved couple of days ago since my SIL and BIL play it.  Missing BF1, time to come back home and mic up with y'all and take out newbs and complain about snipers.  And of course win and finish at/near the top.

#objectivewhores

34 minutes ago, mark327 said:

@Dont Taze Me Bro

What type external hard drive did you end up using for your ps4?

External won't work for games.  I went with a Seagate 2TB laptop HDD SATA internal drive.  Speeds are equal to the one in the PS4, so it will perform the same, just have 4 times the storage.  Wife already had a 64 GB flash drive, hard drive is set to arrive tomorrow.

1 hour ago, mark327 said:

@Dont Taze Me Bro

Thanks , I actually knew that with what you said before  , don't know why I typed external. Anyway gonna have to check this out. 

I'm looking forward to not having to change out games when I want to play something else.  I am not looking forward to reinstalling everything.  It got to the point where I had gotten a CoD update file and it wouldn't install stating to check storage.  I had something like 20GB free, so I had to delete Rainbow Six Siege, apply the update, then reinstall R6S.  It worked, but it was a pain in the ass.  Same thing for a Destiny update too.

Sounds like a lot, but seems pretty easy.  I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes.  

Edit:  You have to format the flash drive to FAT32.  Just plug into the PC, right click it and select FAT32, reformat, takes a minute.  Create the first folder in all caps PS4, then inside there create the folder UPDATE.  Go to this website:  https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/#newinstallation  Under the diagram of the USB - PS4 - UPDATE, download the file.  Once it's downloaded onto your PC, copy it over into the UPDATE folder on the flash drive.  

Plug into your PS4 port and you have to manually save each individual game file, you can't select all the games at once.  So you click on the first game, select all the files in there, save to the flash drive.  Easy, but time consuming.  Some games have larger game data files and multiple files, some just have one file.  

Glad I decided to get a head start on this.  Didn't take too long, but it will be ready to go after I start re-installing all my games.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just fired up Until Dawn. Loving it so far.

And I know they are animations (somewhat), but damn if the slutty airhead white girl ain't got it goin on.

I'm going to try my damndest to ensure that she dies painfully, though

Keep me posted on this. I love hearing other people's reaction to playing and how their story unfolds. 

She just pranked me and tried to post it on social media or something, but I returned the favor big time, scaring her with the serial killer gas mask and making her fall into the stream.

I think I went too far though, cuz now she's pissed lol.

Since its my first play through, I'm playing off of their personalities, rather than what I'd want them to do. 

I am merely a vessel

11 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

That's what is so great about my Xbox.  I literally bought an external hard drive, plugged it in the side via USB, it then popped up that it needed to be formatted for their operating system, formatted it (took about 1 minute).  Then went into my storage settings, made the external drive the primary drive, copied all my games from the internal drive to the new external (which was extremely fast too) and was set.  

Yeah, I had a total of 50 games(some 360 games mixed in), and I think it only took a couple of hours to install them all. 

10 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

She just pranked me and tried to post it on social media or something, but I returned the favor big time, scaring her with the serial killer gas mask and making her fall into the stream.

I think I went too far though, cuz now she's pissed lol.

Since its my first play through, I'm playing off of their personalities, rather than what I'd want them to do. 

I am merely a vessel

Glad you're enjoying it. Still my favorite game on PS4. 

If you didn't prank and try to play it smooth for the whole walk she tries to reward you once you get to the cabin. 

5 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Glad you're enjoying it. Still my favorite game on PS4. 

If you didn't prank and try to play it smooth for the whole walk she tries to reward you once you get to the cabin. 

Figured, but I couldn't help it, seeing as I am a heartless prankster myself

One thing I've noticed so far is the action is a lot faster paced than what I remember from Heavy Rain. Gotta be ready at all times or your characters might die one by one.

I already have a theory as to what's going on. Definitely more than what I'm being led to believe, so far.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Figured, but I couldn't help it, seeing as I am a heartless prankster myself

One thing I've noticed so far is the action is a lot faster paced than what I remember from Heavy Rain. Gotta be ready at all times or your characters might die one by one.

I already have a theory as to what's going on. Definitely more than what I'm being led to believe, so far.

There are a couple big plot twists in this game. You'll know them when you see them. I played this game about 2-3 times to make sure I could get all characters to survive. Definitely not easy for some of them. 

Yeah since I consider myself a Horror aficionado, I feel like I already know at least one or two, maybe three

Spoiler

1.) Josh is somehow involved. He seems way too cool for a guy who should be thinking (I know I damn well would be) that they're all basically responsible for the death of his sisters.

The house is way too creepy for someone whO knew company was coming. One year anniversary? That's just weird, and he has everyone there in one spot, and can kill them, and make them believe that it was the...

2.) obvious Supernatural entity that has yet to reveal itself, or...

3.) There's someone else there, definitely, possibly the criminal talked about in the notes I've found so far

So whadda ya think? Hot? Cold? :D

Completed upgrading my PS4's hard drive today.  It actually was pretty easy.  The top left rectangular panel slides right off and there is one screw unscrew and then you just slide out the hard drive.  On the hard drive itself, it's in a protective mounting frame.  Unscrew the four screws (two on each side of the frame) and pop it out and your new one in facing the same way.  No wires to connect, it's plug and play.  

I did freak out due to a temporary brain fart though.  When I went and plugged it back up and then plugged in the USB flash drive (with the system software and game save data) and one controller into the USB ports, then held the power button 7 seconds until it beeped (to enter safe mode).  Nothing happened.  Kept saying no signal on my monitor.  I thought I might have not plugged the hard drive in all the way.  Started google searching like a mad man, thinking I done ****ed up my PS4.  Unplugged everything, took it back to the kitchen table to open it back up and realized that I had forgotten to connect the HDMI cable back :rofl89:

Felt like an idiot.  Went back, hooked it all up this time and it was a piece of cake.  Installed the system software, then I just added my profiles back.  Started downloading all my games.  This is going to be the pain in the ass, takes forever.  But now I will have **** tons of space and don't have to worry about it anymore.  

If anyone was wishing they had more space but was holding back because they thought it would be difficult to manually switch out the hard drive, it's not.  It really was simple and only took a little time to download the system software/game save data onto the USB flash drive (maybe 20-30 minutes total tops).  Then it took as long as it takes one to slide off the top, unscrew 5 screws, swap and screw them back in and slide the top back on (10-15 minutes).  Another 10 mins to install the system software and add your profiles back (if that).

So around 45 mins to one hour.  Adding back the games will take forever, but you can queue them up (if you purchased the digital download) and it downloads three at a time.  So, I'm probably watching TV tonight and not doing any gaming.  Plus I'll let it download overnight.  If you have discs, this will go really fast.

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah since I consider myself a Horror aficionado, I feel like I already know at least one or two, maybe three

Hide contents

1.) Josh is somehow involved. He seems way too cool for a guy who should be thinking (I know I damn well would be) that they're all basically responsible for the death of his sisters.

The house is way too creepy for someone whO knew company was coming. One year anniversary? That's just weird, and he has everyone there in one spot, and can kill them, and make them believe that it was the...

2.) obvious Supernatural entity that has yet to reveal itself, or...

3.) There's someone else there, definitely, possibly the criminal talked about in the notes I've found so far

So whadda ya think? Hot? Cold? :D

I'll say lukewarm. You're on the right path with some of your theories, but you'll see it goes a lot deeper than what you're seeing so far. 

On 12/12/2016 at 1:06 PM, Gamebreaker said:

Thanks for letting me know about the movie on Amazon Prime. I'll give it a watch. And how can you switch it to turn-based? The combat, I'm getting used to it but I'd like to try turn-based and see which type I like better. 

Under Options, switch to Wait Mode.  Slows down combat. 

Archived