Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

Does anyone care?

http://nypost.com/2015/04/26/charity-watchdog-clinton-foundation-a-slush-fund/

The Clinton Foundation’s finances are so messy that the nation’s most influential charity watchdog put it on its “watch list” of problematic nonprofits last month.

The Clinton family’s mega-charity took in more than $140 million in grants and pledges in 2013 but spent just $9 million on direct aid.

The group spent the bulk of its windfall on administration, travel, and salaries and bonuses, with the fattest payouts going to family friends.

Otherwise, she will cruise to victory because the voters that would vote for her will NEVER vote Republican.

Not true. I can think of at least one Republican I might take over her.

Now it may be the case there is nobody the GOP will actually nominate who I'd vote for.

Now it may be the case there is nobody the GOP will actually nominate who I'd vote for.

I actually see him being the nominee (I gather you're speaking about Rand). He's the only one on the R side that doesn't completely talk out of his arse. (He may plagiarize, but manages to memorize it all, so there's that...)

And while I'd welcome abolishing the IRS, I don't think we'd do well without the EPA...and I've gotta draw the line somewhere, LOL.

I could see that being a legit issue.

It's an opening for a Democrat. We will see if anyone on the left isn't terrified of the Clinton's and the establishment to run against her.

For the general, it could make a small difference. And depending on who the GOP nominates, it could be the difference in a couple of states.

Whether there is a smoking gun or not, the issue of "can you trust Hillary" will be the issue the GOP will try and make center stage. Underlying theme is that people just don't like her.

I could see that being a legit issue. 

Me too.

Whether there is a smoking gun or not, the issue of "can you trust Hillary" will be the issue the GOP will try and make center stage. Underlying theme is that people just don't like her.

No doubt about it.   Sometimes you can win an election even if people don't like you - but only if if people think you are competent (or that your opponent is not competent).   But it's an uphill battle.

Me too.

No doubt about it.   Sometimes you can win an election even if people don't like you - but only if if people think you are competent (or that your opponent is not competent).   But it's an uphill battle.

Which is why the Dems goal will be to make the election about why people hate the GOP.  And then tie the chosen candidate to the hatred.  Or it could go easy and the GOP could nominate someone that everybody actually DOES hate.  And then the coronation can just go ahead and start.

Well, that's been the pattern for pretty much all of my voting life. 

Politicians hate to take positions, on anything.  They offer vague platitudes which are very carefully crafted so that everybody can assume that the Candidate agrees with them.  Because any time a politician actually does take a stand on an issue, several voters (who thought the politician agreed with them) will look horrified, and leave. 

Instead, they devote all of their efforts to trying to paint pictures of their opponent.  To try to hang positions on him. 

That's also why, lately, Governors have been more popular candidates than Senators.  Because Governors never actually have to vote on anything, all they do is to sign (or not) compromises that are "take it or leave it".  (And which then offers lots of ways to spin your decision.) 

Which is why the Dems goal will be to make the election about why people hate the GOP.  And then tie the chosen candidate to the hatred.  Or it could go easy and the GOP could nominate someone that everybody actually DOES hate.  And then the coronation can just go ahead and start.

yepper  that's the game

Well, that's been the pattern for pretty much all of my voting life. 

Politicians hate to take positions, on anything.  They offer vague platitudes which are very carefully crafted so that everybody can assume that the Candidate agrees with them.  Because any time a politician actually does take a stand on an issue, several voters (who thought the politician agreed with them) will look horrified, and leave. 

Instead, they devote all of their efforts to trying to paint pictures of their opponent.  To try to hang positions on him. 

That's also why, lately, Governors have been more popular candidates than Senators.  Because Governors never actually have to vote on anything, all they do is to sign (or not) compromises that are "take it or leave it".  (And which then offers lots of ways to spin your decision.) 

yepper part two

Bernie Sanders to Announce Presidential Bid on Thursday

Sen. Bernie Sanders, an independent from Vermont, will announce his candidacy for the Democratic presidential nomination on Thursday, NBC News confirms.

Vermont Public Radio first reported the news of Sanders' coming announcement.

Sanders is expected to release a statement Thursday and hold a kickoff event in Vermont later next month, VPR reported.

Sanders will be the second Democrat to officially jump in the race. He will challenge Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton, who leads all of her potential Democratic challengers by wide margins in public opinion polls.

more from the link.

The one republican is not really a Republican. Neither the current corporate establishment type, the religious fanatical type, nor the modern tea party type.  Rand Paul is a lilberatarian.  Also, he's mentally unstable and it will show as the campaign wears on. 

All they have to do is scare the voters about what like would be under full GOP control.  This isn't even the GOP of just 7 years ago.  The is a far more right wing GOP.  Even if the actually nominee is acceptable; all the Dems have to do is push the fear of having the Republicans having full control of government.  You can use Kansas as the perfect fear example.

All they have to do is scare the voters about what like would be under full GOP control.  This isn't even the GOP of just 7 years.  The is a far more right wing GOP.  Even if the actually nominee is acceptable; all the Dems have to do is push the fear of having the Republicans having full control of government.  You can use Kansas as the perfect fear example.

Why not Texas? .... be afraid  :P

ain't no wonder so many blue states are falling apart 

what's wrong with bernie sanders? every time i've seen an interview with him he seemed to come across as intelligent.

The one republican is not really a Republican. Neither the current corporate establishment type, the religious fanatical type, nor the modern type party type.  Rand Paul is a lilberatarian.  Also, he's mentally unstable and it will show as the campaign wears on. 

i used to like rand paul, but i've come to grips with the fact that he's just not that smart and very well may be mentally unstable. :(

that frown face is half being sad cause i used to really like paul, half because i feel embarrassed for taking so long to figure it out.

I like Bernie Sanders a lot better than Hillary.

He will more than likely have my vote in a primary. Because I believe that HE believes what he says.

I also believe that Hillary has better tools. She's been on the international stage for damn near 30 years...she'll have the advantage of "I know more, can do this better." And I know that she is right.

But Bernie has my bleeding heart that's in desperate need of an ambulance. I have a higher hope of the super-duper-wealthy-rich being put to task with Bernie: I can hear him now, with that loud, raspy voice: "If you care so much, give more...like everything you don't need!"

Scott Walker Is Just Like You! In Debt.

Scott Walker owes Sears up to $50,000.

According to his most recent financial disclosure forms, the governor owed between $10,000 and $100,000 to credit card companies in 2014. One of the cards listed is a Barclay Card, and the other is a Sears MasterCard.

“Over the years, the governor has given $370,000 of his salary back to taxpayers,” emailed AshLee Strong, a spokesperson for Walker’s Our American Revival PAC. “He has two kids in college, parents who live with him, a mortgage, car payments, and small credit card use.  All in all, pretty ordinary stuff.”

The governor’s credit card situation, along with other potential 2016 contenders financial circumstances, was highlighted by the Boston Globe—and has provided an opening for some of his critics.

“Both Walker's household and the deficit-laden state of Wisconsin under his purview are spending far more than they bring in,” said Scot Ross of the liberal advocacy group One Wisconsin Now. “Seems Scott Walker

More from the link.

Maybe this makes him more relatable. I don't know. 

Archived