Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

Now that Hillary and Marco has gotten in; it's time for everyone else to get in.  Bush and Walker need to make if formal and officially enter the race.    Anyone else who has a legit shot in the Republican side, needs to get in now also.

For any Dem considering it; now is the time to get in. Hillary is going to suck all the oxygen out of the Democratic race but still you if want to run and be there as an alternative; now is the time to get in.  Either you are shooing for Veep or a cabinet position in Hillary's adminstration  or you keep your fingers crossed something hurts Hillary's bid and then you can claim the backup candidate position.

Now that Hillary and Marco has gotten in; it's time for everyone else to get in.  Bush and Walker need to make if formal and officially enter the race.    Anyone else who has a legit shot in the Republican side, needs to get in now also.

For any Dem considering it; now is the time to get in. Hillary is going to suck all the oxygen out of the Democratic race but still you if want to run and be there as an alternative; now is the time to get in.  Either you are shooing for Veep or a cabinet position in Hillary's adminstration  or you keep your fingers crossed something hurts Hillary's bid and then you can claim the backup candidate position.

I honestly can't see Martin O'Malley getting more than a few percentage points if he gets in. I'm really not sure of any other Dems even talking about getting in the race.

I wonder if it will hurt her at all that she may just be given the nomination. I am sure the other side will try and play the "Anointed one" angle if that turns out happening.  Will it work? Who knows.

No.  The people who would be bothered by that; wouldn't be voting for her anyway.

I just don't see how the Republican candidate is going to not come off as extreme; even if Bush is the nominee.  Saw Rubio on Hannity; he was basically cowtowing to the right.  He may get the nomination, if he catches on fire but he won't win a general election.

The Republican party is to just to far to the right, more than the Democratics are to far to the left.

No.  The people who would be bothered by that; wouldn't be voting for her anyway.

I just don't see how the Republican candidate is going to not come off as extreme; even if Bush is the nominee.  Saw Rubio on Hannity; he was basically cowtowing to the right.  He may get the nomination, if he catches on fire but he won't win a general election.

The Republican party is to just to far to the right, more than the Democratics are to far to the left.

What I never understand is how the GOP claims to have run moderates the last couple of times. I always hear that, but they force these "moderates" so far right in the primary that they aren't moderates come the general election.

Hillary Clinton goes unnoticed

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/04/14/hillary-clinton-chipotle/25752159/

Hillary Clinton may be trying to present a more humble image on her road trip to Iowa in a van she has dubbed "Scooby," but her efforts to become more of an "everyday American" have already made her downright unrecognizable to some.

When Clinton popped into a Chipotle in Maumee, Ohio, and moseyed on over to the counter to order a chicken burrito bowl, she left without anyone in the place giving her a second glance.

----

Honestly, I know Hillary is the Heir apparent, or that's what the media is telling me but I just do not think millennials see it that way and that's pretty important. She's fighting the "entitled" tag hard this time, but without any competition it comes off as fake. Luckily she will have way more money (despite the "nice" press the Koch brothers get they can't touch  SEI, ActBLue, NEA, Fahr, NaR, etc etc etc. )

Honestly, I know Hillary is the Heir apparent, or that's what the media is telling me but I just do not think millennials see it that way and that's pretty important. She's fighting the "entitled" tag hard this time, but without any competition it comes off as fake. Luckily she will have way more money (despite the "nice" press the Koch brothers get they can't touch  SEI, ActBLue, NEA, Fahr, NaR, etc etc etc. )

To be honest, the millennials don't vote and frankly don't matter that much.   As a general rule, young people don't vote and old people do.  Which is unfortunate for the Democrats.  

You're saying the same thing republicans voters say about the democrats leaning extremely left. But it's true for both parties. If a candidate wants to win a nomination on either party, they are going to lean extreme to win it. That's why we do not see any left-center or right-center president.

To be honest, the millennials don't vote and frankly don't matter that much.   As a general rule, young people don't vote and old people do.  Which is unfortunate for the Democrats.  

You may be forgetting we're getting older... as milennials are in the 28-35 age range now. We know the Clintons and that they are important, but someone forgot to mention why. There is a pretty good video of Hillary Clinton supporters that can't name any of her accomplishments.

Rand Paul is going to shake things up a little ( not saying he will get the nomination) but his non-interventionist and pro-weed platform, is really going to hurt the establishment ( on both sides)  

The most interesting thing for me this race is going to be how the Obama coalition acts regarding Hillary.   Especially in the primaries. 

She will tell them whatever they need to hear....as usual

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/hillary-clinton-shift-same-sex-marriage

You're saying the same thing republicans voters say about the democrats leaning extremely left. But it's true for both parties. If a candidate wants to win a nomination on either party, they are going to lean extreme to win it. That's why we do not see any left-center or right-center president.

This hasn't been true recently. The right has gone beyond the normal moving by left or right candidates. The immigration issue is a great example as was the 10-1 spending cuts to tax raising that no GOP candidate would except. Normally a candidate would move right or left in general, but not to furthest possible position and not on every issue.

You may be forgetting we're getting older... as milennials are in the 28-35 age range now. We know the Clintons and that they are important, but someone forgot to mention why. There is a pretty good video of Hillary Clinton supporters that can't name any of her accomplishments.

Rand Paul is going to shake things up a little ( not saying he will get the nomination) but his non-interventionist and pro-weed platform, is really going to hurt the establishment ( on both sides)  

Rand Paul is out of his mind, just like his daddy.

For every sensible thing the man says, he says something else that is completely looney tunes.

My candidate of choice is Elizabeth Warren, though it seems unlikely she'll run. I'm liberal, but I don't get a boner from the thought of Hilary. For multiple reasons.

So do we vote for the person who meant what they said or lied to us?

If that's your stance on candidates, then you have eliminated considering voting for any candidate running for office pretty much ever. A lot of people in the country have changed their opinion on marriage. It's the least important issue for me personally.

If that's your stance on candidates, then you have eliminated considering voting for any candidate running for office pretty much ever. A lot of people in the country have changed their opinion on marriage. It's the least important issue for me personally.

changing from a state prerogative to a inherent right in a yr was pretty damn nimble evolving  :P

I think people on both sides will claim that lying doesn't matter to them when it's their own horse who's been lying.  And it's the people on the other side who will tell you it absolutely matters.

We're all full of ****.  None of us are voting FOR something anymore.  It's always a vote for the person who has the best chance of beating the other side.

Rand Paul is out of his mind, just like his daddy.

For every sensible thing the man says, he says something else that is completely looney tunes.

My candidate of choice is Elizabeth Warren, though it seems unlikely she'll run. I'm liberal, but I don't get a boner from the thought of Hilary. For multiple reasons.

Ahh Warren. aka The Republicans are forcing education expense up by force paying me 430k to teach a class.

http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/01/elizabeth_warren_got_nearly_43.html

changing from a state prerogative to a inherent right in a yr was pretty damn nimble evolving  :P

Well, I was responding to her changing her position for 2000 and I had to look up what you meant. I'm not surprised that she is too politically calculating, but are there any pols that aren't?

The most interesting thing for me this race is going to be how the Obama coalition acts regarding Hillary.   Especially in the primaries. 

What's there to react to? She isn't going to get the same amount of votes as Obama; that's a given.  Noone is.  What is going to be key to her victory is how much can she excite the non-conservative women vote?  If she can do that; then her chances of being president are great.  If she can't; then her chances are dimmer. 

I don't think the primaries are going to mean much for the democratic side because there is going to be no real contest there.  I see her playing it safe up until her nomination speech and then you will see her campaign take flight.  For her, everything is the 3+ months after the July 16 Democratic Convention in Philadelphia. It's starts with her acceptance speech and goes from there.

Now, if she had a credible challenger; then things would be different.  I don't see that credible challenger right now.

We're all full of ****.  None of us are voting FOR something anymore.  It's always a vote for the person who has the best chance of beating the other side.

I'm voting for Gary Johnson and he has no choice.  The closet to where I am right now. 

Archived