Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fred Smoot Rips Into The Redskins Coaching, Rg3

Metaldrumz

I agree 100% with Smoot. Me and another guy was talking about this during the game yesterday. "RGIII is being humbled." Sometimes young people need to be humbled. And he's absolutely right about RGIII's and Shanny's relationship.

I'll repeat, Snanny DID NOT want to draft RGIII.

Repeat something enough times and people will eventually start to believe it no matter how preposterous. See cable news...and it's sports equivalent...ESPN. The mantra that Shanny didn't want to draft RG is based on a single statement by Skip Bayless. It is unproven and unsourced.

This idea and assertion is beyond preposterous and completely off base.

I think its funny that we are all ripping a guy (RGIII) b/c his play right now is not as good as it was last year. And we look to blame it on b/c what hes in too many commercials? Give me a break. He came back from a major knee surgery way before anyone else expected. I can remember last season when the original ES'ers were talking about how he might not even be ready for the season. He worked his ass off and is now getting his reps that he wasn't able to get b/c of rehab.

He is a second year QB and just as a little tid bit......about 99% of second year QB's struggle. Defenses have had a full year of tape and know how to game-plan against them. They are given more of the O to learn and it takes time..people need to give it a rest already.

The team lack playmakers on the O side and D side of the ball. That is the problem. We were not able to get these playmakers b/c of cap penalties and because we traded away draft picks in order to get the main piece of the puzzle that we have been missing for the last 20 years. RGIII made this team what it was last season. Without him we wouldn't of won half the games we did. And if you dont believe that well you either one didn't watch the games or two dont know much about football. 

People need to relax....damn. 

Repeat something enough times and people will eventually start to believe it no matter how preposterous. See cable news...and it's sports equivalent...ESPN. The mantra that Shanny didn't want to draft RG is based on a single statement by Skip Bayless. It is unproven and unsourced.

This idea and assertion is beyond preposterous and completely off base.

Just like me or anybody else, you don't know that. It might not be all that preposterous.

Wait, what!?!?! That's the first I've ever heard that Shanahan wasn't the driving force behind the trade and the drafting of RG3. Any proof for this? And who was behind the deal, if Shanahan was against it?

No there is no proof behind this whatsoever...Skip Bayless dropped that wisdom in a driveby article where we cited unnamed sources whom he trusted and had access to the information. Nevermind the fact that no other reporter with more access to the team, Mike, RG, or Allen has yet to confirm this or report anything approaching this. It's baseless.

You know it is typical of the media to hire a guy with very little integrity like Smoot. Fed Smoot thinks he can just do or say anything because he is an ex-player and people will listen to his stupid comments. Fred Smoot isn't exactly a saint when he goes on a party boat when he was a player in Minnesota and he was involved in some inappropriate behavior. He was the supposed ring leader that rented the boat and one of his quotes was something to the effect of "double-donging two hookers." Is that someone you want to be covering and reporting about your team? Come on! Fred Smoot just loves to run his mouth and not know any facts. That is why the media hired him so they could get that reaction. My advice to Fred Smoot is to just shut the ***** up.

Hmmm.... 10 post. I thought it would get mentioned within the first five.

I do think everybody is going crazy right now. Me? I am just over here in the corner, chilling.

No there is no proof behind this whatsoever...Skip Bayless dropped that wisdom in a driveby article where we cited unnamed sources whom he trusted and had access to the information. Nevermind the fact that no other reporter with more access to the team, Mike, RG, or Allen has yet to confirm this or report anything approaching this. It's baseless.

Do you really think anyone would come out and say, "Shanahan really didn't want RGIII?" You think it's a mess now? Let something like that slip out.

Actually, me and others I've talked too have been saying it for months. I got a little suspicious when Shanahan left RGIII in the game against the Seahawks.

...wow...just...wow.

Lol.

Wow

Do you really think anyone would come out and say, "Shanahan really didn't want RGIII?" You think it's a mess now? Let something like that slip out.

Yet...somehow Skip-freaking-Bayless has access to these super secret sources...please.

I'm all for a rational critique of RG's performance as our franchise signal caller but these conspiracy theory are beyond the pale. It is mind boggling what losing does to a fanbase. I'm as frustrated as anyone else but to start throwing around this garbage is boardering on lunacy.

I think its funny that we are all ripping a guy (RGIII) b/c his play right now is not as good as it was last year. And we look to blame it on b/c what hes in too many commercials? Give me a break.

People need to relax....damn.

Thank you for a much needed dose of reality...people are losing their minds.

...wow...just...wow.

Lol.

Wow

Yet...somehow Skip-freaking-Bayless has access to these super secret sources...please.

I'm all for a rational critique of RG's performance as our franchise signal caller but these conspiracy theory are beyond the pale. It is mind boggling what losing does to a fanbase. I'm as frustrated as anyone else but to start throwing around this garbage is boardering on lunacy.

Skip can be out there, but he has been right on a lot of things. If you really step back and look at the relationship between RGIII and Shanahan, you at least have to take it into consideration.

Coach Mike didn't want RGIII huh?

Well that's a theory I guess.

One of the most out there, ridiculous, bat **** crazy theories I've heard. But a theory nonetheless.

Hail.

Theory? I think that that is a bit too kind.

The word I would use for it rhymes with "oilet paper"

Skip can be out there, but he has been right on a lot of things. If you really step back and look at the relationship between RGIII and Shanahan, you at least have to take it into consideration.

No...no you don't.

And furthermore...since when has Skip been right on a lot of things? If you through **** at a wall enough times something is bound to stick. **** throwing does not constitute journalism.

Proving once again that the Redskins fanbase is one of the worst if not THE worst in football. ****ing drama queens. We have the worst defense in the history of the league through 3 games, yet it's the fault of the guy who's coming off an ACL surgery because he wasn't Helen Keller in the offseason. You people make me sick.

I think though that they watch too much ESPN and listen to too much 106.7 so they get defensive about the stupidity that comes from the bought and paid for media.

And why should anyone give a **** what Fred Smoot thinks?

Because you don't like what he said. Would you have that same opinion if he came out and praised Shanahan?

Yeah...I would...because FSmoot is irrelevant. He should stick to party boats

Just because he played in this league doesn't automatically give him credibility as a journalist.

Yeah...I would...because FSmoot is irrelevant. He should stick to party boats

Just because he played in this league doesn't automatically give him credibility as a journalist.

What does party boats have to do with anything? Guys, it was YEARS ago. And I don't believe he was talking as a journalist. He was giving his opinion on the situation just like YOU and ME.

What does party boats have to do with anything? Guys, it was YEARS ago. And I don't believe he was talking as a journalist. He was giving his opinion on the situation just like YOU and ME.

Ok...and just like you and I...our opinions are irrelevant...just like FSmoot...just like Skip Bayless.

I agreed. But people still have a right to their opinions.

True...but that doesn't mean that we can't critique those opinions.

why is it funny?

Do you honestly expect the media to praise a team that is playing like crap?

Not expecting praise...but the over the top commentary and conspiracy theories are a bit much

I wish I had heard the audio so that I could tell if Smoot was being a dick or just being both a dick and a source of information.  I'm inclined to agree with his take on RGIII and the off season.  RG brought much of this on himself by drawing attention to himself (documentary, operation overrated, "i don't have to play in preseason, "I would like to play in preseason", " I am 100%").  Enough already.  Quit trying to be charming with the media and fans.

As for Smoot and his 'Red Lobster' comments.  He needs to shut the **** up.  There is no need for that.  Just plain rude.

Explain something to me, what relationship???  The confusion of the injury?  Neither coach nor player has ever bad mouthed the other, EVER.  For all we know they could be best buddies.  Shanahan defends Griffin to the death and back, when he would literally throw every dig he could at Mcnabb.  Griffin also defends shanahan.  I dont get why people think there is some type of wedge between these two?

Archived