Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fred Smoot Rips Into The Redskins Coaching, Rg3

Metaldrumz

..... You could certainly make the argument that we'd be a stronger overall team with Wilson/Tannehill/Cousins plus 2-3 other high-caliber starters......

And I'd make the argument that we wouldn't be over the long term as nobody outside of Luck is in Roberts class from the last two drafts. 

However their embryonic careers have started out. 

Hail. 

He has no proof, hes just listening to what Skip Bayless wrote on ESPN.com the other day.  Skip Bayless said he had a Redskin insider that said Shanny didnt want to trade up for Griffin and give all that away, he was happy to wait at 6 for Tannehill.  Thats all.  And, I still am amazed so many people are just turning on this team.  Honestly, Griffin at 75% still has looked 5x better than Grossman, Campbell, Collins, Brunell, Ramsey, Beck and every other dummy QB combined.  Yet, we still are out there criticizing a guy who rushed back to play for us. Take a breather guys, the season might be lost, but the team isnt.  If you want to point the blame at someone, blame HAslett, this defense has NEVER gotten better, each year it gets worse.

Actually, me and others I've talked too have been saying it for months. I got a little suspicious when Shanahan left RGIII in the game against the Seahawks.

My mistake, Cousins was a 4th rd pick. I have nothing to back up what I said, I'm just reading between the lines. I have a feeling RGIII and his dad sense it too.

His dad has ZERO to do with anything when it comes to his son, his career and the Washington Redskins. 

If he does, then that's a MAJOR problem right there. 

Hail. 

And I'd make the argument that we wouldn't be over the long term as nobody outside of Luck is in Roberts class from the last two drafts. 

However their embryonic careers have started out. 

Hail. 

Well, until that is proven I think it's fair to give Shanahan the benefit of the doubt with his evaluation of the QBs who were drafted. Right now, for a second straight year Tannehill and Wilson are both playing very well too.

..... Griffin at 75% still has looked 5x better than Grossman, Campbell, Collins, Brunell, Ramsey, Beck and every other dummy QB combined ......

10 at whatever % of health has just done what no other Redskins QB has done in the SB era. Passed for 300 yards or more in 3 consecutive games. 

Lord help us when he's healthy and learns how to pass huh?

Hail. 

Starting 0-3 makes everyone go crazy.  RGIII will get back to being a top QB in this league albeit maybe not until the end of the year.  We need not criticize him too much.  The bottom line is from top to bottom "we" the Redskins are not a very good football team.  I will continue to say that last year from top to bottom we were a 6-10 football team, but RGIII was so good he by himself got us to a 10 win football team.  Insert injury and RGIII not at 100% and we're right back to being a 6 win football team.  

His dad has ZERO to do with anything when it comes to his son, his career and the Washington Redskins.  If he does, then that's a MAJOR problem right there.  Hail. 

His dad has ZERO to do with anything when it comes to his son, his career and the Washington Redskins.  If he does, then that's a MAJOR problem right there.  Hail. 

I know you wish that was true. His dad doesn't have anything to do with the Redskins, but you're living in La La Land if you think he has nothing to do with HIS son or his career.

10 at whatever % of health has just done what no other Redskins QB has done in the SB era. Passed for 300 yards or more in 3 consecutive games. 

Lord help us when he's healthy and learns how to pass huh?

Hail. 

Thank you for saying this.  So many people here are jumping on Griffin and hes honestly the last part of my worries.  But, everyone blames a QB whenever it comes to losing.   Griffin has to get used to it.

I know you wish that was true. His dad doesn't have anything to do with the Redskins, but you're living in La La Land if you think he has nothing to do with HIS son or his career.

Without wishing to pry, what do you do for a living man? If that's too personal a question, forgive me asking and I'll understand why you don't answer.

Hail. 

Thank you for saying this.  So many people here are jumping on Griffin and hes honestly the last part of my worries.  But, everyone blames a QB whenever it comes to losing.   Griffin has to get used to it.

I want to clarify my comments. I'm happy with Griffin. But I don't think things are always black and white. Just because he's a very good young QB who looks like he'll develop into a great one doesn't mean that another direction (Wilson/Tannehill + better talent) couldn't have also worked. That's all.

And what does that have to do with anything?

I was just curious how big a role your own father plays in your job and if he suggests to your boss what responsibilities he gives you and how your company should be utilizing you to suit your own fathers ends?

But as it was obviously too intrusive, again, forgive me for prying to make a point. 

Hail. 

I understand taking your lumps, you are the face of the franchise.  I understand the sentiment of "man he has to learn to slide / throw that ball away" The nonsense I keep reading leads me to one conclusion:  this fan base doesn't deserve an RG3 caliber player. 

The team doesn't know how to convert potential into wins and we don't know how to support a team that is struggling.  We're so used to the Cerrato era where every year felt like now or never - we don't know how to be patient.  So every move, thought, play, drop, missed tackle is "more of the same Redskins". 

These are not the Zorn/Cerrato/Spurrier Redskins.  They are on the cusp of greatness, and it'll only take a spark.  We saw that last year.  We will be successful regardless of the lack of coaching and glaring issues this team has.  They only need a spark and we, as fans, need to believe in them - no matter how tough it is right now.

Actually, me and others I've talked too have been saying it for months. I got a little suspicious when Shanahan left RGIII in the game against the Seahawks.

Well, you had a feeling.  Great.  But, that's a whole lot different than stating your opinion as FACT, e.g., "I'll repeat, Snanny DID NOT want to draft RGIII."  Where I come from that's called "talking out of your b*tt".  :) 

I was just curious how big a role your own father plays in your job and if he suggests to your boss what responsibilities he gives you and how your company should be utilizing you to suit your own fathers ends?

But as it was obviously too intrusive, again, forgive me for prying to make a point. 

Hail. 

You can use me...

I'm an extremely gifted NFL QB and former college track star. My father definitely opens his mouth too much, but I respect him (being from a military family and all).

Hail.

That's TOTALLY different.

Well, you had a feeling.  Great.  But, that's a whole lot different than stating your opinion as FACT, e.g., "I'll repeat, Snanny DID NOT want to draft RGIII."  Where I come from that's called "talking out of your b*tt".  :)

Snanny? You mean Shanny?

That's TOTALLY different.

Why? Why is it different? His dad has a right to interfere in his sons career and our business right? Why not your father in yours? 

There's no end to this. Let's get all our serving Servicemen and woman's parents to demand their kids be taking off active duty yo protect their health. Being as, you know, daddy knows best. 

Yeah, totally and utterly ridiculous B/S from me. Which is exactly what your saying when you continue to try condone RGII publicly saying how his son should be utilized by this organization. Until we start paying him for his opinion, he needs to shut the **** up! As does ANY family member of ANY of our players. 

Hail. 

Why? Why is it different? His dad has a right to interfere in his sons career and our business right? Why not your father in yours? 

There's no end to this. Let's get all our serving Servicemen and woman's parents to demand their kids be taking off active duty yo protect their health. Being as, you know, daddy knows best. 

Yeah, totally and utterly ridiculous B/S from me. Which is exactly what your saying when you continue to try condone RGII publicly saying how his son should be utilized by this organization. Until we start paying him for his opinion, he needs to shut the **** up! As does ANY family member of ANY of our players. 

Hail.

OK, I'll bite. You're comparing a 40 year old janitor to a 23 year old NFL star QB. Come on. You can't be serious.

You can use me...

I'm an extremely gifted NFL QB and former college track star. My father definitely opens his mouth too much, but I respect him (being from a military family and all).

Then you need to sit your father down and tell him you love and appreciate him, but this is YOUR career, YOUR life; and all he's doing is ADDING to the problem by sticking his oar in publicly in something that, in reality, as much as he cares about you, has NOTHING to do with him. 

Geez, talk about living a non-super star QB career you never had vicariously through the son that did. 

Hail. 

Archived