Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone know where I can find a video highlight of Hankerson's TD against the Titans?

Really  TK ? I am not calling you out but I am skeptical that he is on the bubble simply becasue I am not seeing anyone else on the roster who offers as much upside as Hank even at that 3/4 slot - The only other guys I see on the roster behind him are Adrick Robinson who shines in practice and disappears in game situations, Stallworth with his bad hammy and clinging onto his NFL career by his finger tips and the one trick pony Henderson who I keep forgetting is even on the team - the rest are well un-drafted PS  guys like Lance Lewis and Sky Dawson ...

We all know he is inconsistent but he can make key plays at key times and lets face it the chances of Morgan - as much as i like the hot headed idiot who cost the skins the Rams game - playing an entire season healthy is limited - So we need reliable guys out there .

And for the crap he gets for his drops and lack of consistency he is no where near as problematical as someone like Robinson, who admittedly was more of a project but if he was not on a deep or fly route simply has not shown he can get separation or run precise routes  . It got to the point where teams could take him out the game by covering when he went deep and ignoring him all the rest of the time  .

I totally get it if Hankerson was regressing or lazy or entitled OR if we had a load of potential on the depth charts he was holding back  behind him but this is year 3 of his career the make or break year - He is not where he or we would like him  to be but we are already invested  in him - and are we going to throw away that investment so they can trot out guys who most likley could be at this point in their careers could be midseason additions off the street  .

The other thing is the insiders seem to have it in for Hankerson, he was rumored by the insiders to be a surprise cut in 2011 (he was poor in his first preseason and labelled Stankerson)  and 2012 also so I understand he needed this game to show he had improved but I am not sure if he really is in danger ..though I am sure I will be proved wrong eventually ..

Hank needed last night. Dude was on the bubble going into that game.

After his first catch and the way he got tackled short of the first down I was thinking to myself "come on Hank be the friggin beast you are for the love of God", then I saw Mike say something to him as he was heading to the bench.

After that he balled out and I think they called that bubble screen just to see how he'd handle contact. I was SO happy when he launched himself. It was like he was looking for contact. First time I really saw that from him.

Do you know if they're more annoyed from his seeming lack of physicality or is it the drops? Or just both since they're kind of connected?

After his first catch and the way he got tackled short of the first down I was thinking to myself "come on Hank be the friggin beast you are for the love of God", then I saw Mike say something to him as he was heading to the bench.

After that he balled out and I think they called that bubble screen just to see how he'd handle contact. I was SO happy when he launched himself. It was like he was looking for contact. First time I really saw that from him.

Do you know if they're more annoyed from his seeming lack of physicality or is it the drops? Or just both since they're kind of connected?

When he caught the ball he turned up field for the additional yardage against three tacklers and came up short, it's not like being short was due to lack of effort on that play. I really disagree with the slighted eye Hank is being viewed with.

And TK? Hank on the bubble? Who was on the roster that is going to bump him? He was the no. 3 guy last year, so you have Garcon, Morgan, Moss, AR, and who else that would bump out Hank for one or two other spots? I don't see it, unless of course he completely stunk it up,  he was going to be on the roster. All the love of Briscoe is not going to make the guy be consistent, his route running last night was sloppy, didn't look crisp and had drops. Of anyone looking to make that sixth spot I would say it's between Dawson and Lewis for ST's alone at this point. 

To further elaborate on this issue, when I heard all the praise that AR was getting in camp and the praise, down boy that Hank was getting I think maybe what has happened is this; Shanahan was putting out these ^ signals to light fire and kick the tires on Hank. I don't doubt what TK heard, I just think it was more than likely manipulation by the Coach to motivate Hank. 

First of many more to come, very proud of Hank! I don't think he would be cut this off season, teams like the Eagles, 49ers, and Steelers would be all over him if he were outright released so a trade could be possible but think he becomes a star this season and becomes the first drafted WR we have with 1000 yards receiving since Michael Westbrook.

Yes. Bubble. Hank has been inconsistent since he's been here.

As to who could bump him out, you guys need to see the big picture. 53 man roster & a log jam at WR & RB

Oh I don't disagree with that at all, and there was certainly a chance more than Hank could have been in danger, all anyone has to do is show some regression in their development and they are liable to left behind. But considering Hank has been having a good camp and other than AR I don't really see who was going to take away that fifth or sixth spot. I think now Royster should be looking over his shoulder and Helu moved to take the no. 2 spot solidly. 

He should be on the bubble. I know everyone desperately wants him to be a star, but he's simply not that good.

NO  I think we want him to be a productive third round receiver, oh wait in year two he was. Maybe the fans who think he is not that good should look at the numbers. He was no. 3 in production with the top four being Garcon, Moss, Morgan and Hank. He does not have the $$$ nor the experience of the other three, I don't know what people expect but I want to see him this year and see if there is growth. 

By the way, I'm guessing that nobody knows where a highlight of Hankerson's TD would be lol :)...

It's not just the TD but it's in here

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/Redskins--Titans-Highlights/237fe4f0-4fe5-4adf-b434-bf9790707570

As for Hank, that TD was a welcome change. When he went down on that 3rd down play I was incredulous. He did what I've seen him do before; lower his shoulder and dive downwards. I have no clue if it's to avoid contact or if he thinks it will get him extra yards, but it doesn't work.

Edit: I was beaten to it by others for the link. :)

He should be on the bubble. I know everyone desperately wants him to be a star, but he's simply not that good.

You must be describing yourself.  Most people who like Hank just want a productive 3rd rounder. Something he has proven himself capable of in only his second year (coming off injury BTW).

When he caught the ball he turned up field for the additional yardage against three tacklers and came up short, it's not like being short was due to lack of effort on that play. I really disagree with the slighted eye Hank is being viewed with.

And TK? Hank on the bubble? Who was on the roster that is going to bump him? He was the no. 3 guy last year, so you have Garcon, Morgan, Moss, AR, and who else that would bump out Hank for one or two other spots? I don't see it, unless of course he completely stunk it up,  he was going to be on the roster. All the love of Briscoe is not going to make the guy be consistent, his route running last night was sloppy, didn't look crisp and had drops. Of anyone looking to make that sixth spot I would say it's between Dawson and Lewis for ST's alone at this point. 

SWFLSkins, you know man, I'm not the type to look negatively at any player for the sake of it. I'm sorry, but in regards to Hank he plays soft for his size. If he was Moss' size or something, I'd totally understand, but even Moss plays stronger than him. I'm not the only one who thinks that. Shanahan recently said as much when he called out Hanks' mental toughness in a presser.

As for that third down conversion, I don't care if there were 20 guys trying to tackle him, he had the angle and two of the guys attempting to tackle him were on his sides, so had he just lunged forward with more power (just like he did on that awesome TD run that I was soooo proud of him on) he would've got the first. The fact is, he TACKLED HIMSELF. He's done that plenty. Look at the tape, even Mike says something to him on his way to the bench.

I've said this numerous times before, I think Hank is a good WR as it stands now. All I want is for him to become a stud. I'm only criticizing him from that standpoint, nothing more. It's all constructive. Do you know what we'll have with him if he just develops this one aspect of his game I have such a problem with? An absolute monster.   :)   

To further elaborate on this issue, when I heard all the praise that AR was getting in camp and the praise, down boy that Hank was getting I think maybe what has happened is this; Shanahan was putting out these ^ signals to light fire and kick the tires on Hank. I don't doubt what TK heard, I just think it was more than likely manipulation by the Coach to motivate Hank. 

Totally agree with this, I feel the same way. It's to light a fire under him and I hope it works. It worked last night in my mind. 

Archived