Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone know where I can find a video highlight of Hankerson's TD against the Titans?

BTW, who the hell is Jerome Murphy from South Florida, had some crazy tackles, I want to see more, #45. Didn't realize he actually played 5 games with no stats last year, guy must be trying to impress. listed as a corner, looks like a safety.

He was on the squad last year towards the end of the season.  Mostly on teams.  I think he had a couple of snaps vs Cleveland.  Nothing to write home about.

But I agree, he had a plus game on Thursday evening. :)

The thing about Hank is, more times than not he begins to fall down PRE-contact. This happens all over the field. I loved the effort on that screen play vs. the Titans. He must've smelled the endzone and made up in his mind he was reaching it. He needs to have that same mindset when he sees the first down marker

Bull also another play at about 340 left in the second catches the ball and a tackler fails to bring him down as he stretched out for a first. Hank had a good game and some just won't admit it. I posted pics that prove he did not fall down pre contact, he put his head down and tried to drive for the first. On this series below he got the first down and clearly after first contact and a good distance away as well. 

8-10-13jip001_zps933d4794.jpg

8-10-13jip002_zpsf8b6acb4.jpg

8-10-13jip003_zpsfc9a9e45.jpg

8-10-13jip007_zps3e9acff9.jpg

8-10-13jip008_zps7fcd170a.jpg

I said more times than not. This was a play in which he didn't. There was definitely a play in the game when he did. He also did last season quite often

the replay is on NFLN right now for those interested.

I truly think Mike was just reminding Hank that he was almost 6'3 and 220lbs, in case Leonard had forgotten.  Whatever it was it worked.

Don't disagree with that DC9 but it clearly did not look like he (coach) was yelling at Hank or was totally pissed off. And you can see by the pic when Hank turned up field he lowered his head and tried to drive against the two tacklers also a third finished off the job. I think the notion that he went down easy on that play is crazy talk after I just re-watched it. He actually caught the ball and immediately turned up field before being hit and coming up short. 

I don't think it's crazy at all. In fact, I'm not sure we're watching the same play, lol. :)

Hank started to go down on his own at the slightest hint of contact from the first tackler. Please replay it in slow motion. Look at how he ducks BEFORE THE LINEBACKER TOUCHES HIM. He's done that A WHOLE LOT and with his size, it's simply a massive shame. Had he forced the linebacker to make the tackle while he was still running full speed, the LB would've been at an even worse angle and would've probably bounced off of him. The other tacklers were a couple yards off before he started ducking, essentially tackling himself. And, no, he didn't lower his shoulder to initiate contact with the would be tackler... he was protecting himself from the hit and going down. He does that a lot, period. 

And as for Mike "yelling" at or "berating" him, I think it's pretty obvious he wasn't saying anything positive considering Hank's body language. When Mike praises a player on the sideline there's usually a high five or a smile or something... Hank basically has his head down, then looks at 

Mike, then puts it down again. I don't know, that screams disappointment at the very least. 

I don't know why you feel like there's a need to defend him from this truth... I'm certainly not saying he sucks or even deserves to get cut, I think he's a good WR either way, but he could be SO MUCH BETTER if he just elevates this aspect of his game. That's it. And guess what? It seemed like he did!    

So, now, hopefully it's a moot point. He had a good game after that and showed much better physicality, especially on that bubble screen. That was awesome and I was incredibly happy to see that from him. He'll be an absolute stud for us if he starts to have a more aggressive mentality like that. 

I agree with you about Hank otherwise and, heck, I agree with pretty much every other post you make about the Skins SWFL, but on this play, I'm sorry, I know what I saw and it was something Hank has done a lot of up to that point. I hope he plays the way he played after that play the rest of his career because we might have a beast on our hands.  

I watched it again and again, he had three defenders heading his way, so who wouldn't put their head down and prepare for impact? ,and I have already said he could have finished better on that first play, I posted a second play in which he drove through and got the first, does that clarify what I am saying? And that play was before the TD which he finished even stronger.

As for the posture of Hank, I just didn't see it, but alright I am all for coaches "encouraging" players to fulfill their potential. It certainly did not seems that Shanny was irate, because his body language which is easy to read didn't seem to say that. Wished I could have seen his face to be sure of any intention there. One thing for sure Hank easily had the best game of any of the wide receivers, AR dropped an easy wide open pass and I saw Josh Morgan whiff on two running block assignments. IMO and a reason I have defended him over the years is the unjust judgement that is posted here. He did not cost much money wise compared to Morgan and Garcon was a third rounder who has produced more than two seconds that we all know of, and last year was productive considering it being his second year coming off an injury. I will continue to be a big supporter of Hank, I watched him take the same path at Miami and I know he can do it. 

The thing about Hank is, more times than not he begins to fall down PRE-contact. This happens all over the field. I loved the effort on that screen play vs. the Titans. He must've smelled the endzone and made up in his mind he was reaching it. He needs to have that same mindset when he sees the first down marker

Bull also another play at about 340 left in the second catches the ball and a tackler fails to bring him down as he stretched out for a first. Hank had a good game and some just won't admit it. I posted pics that prove he did not fall down pre contact, he put his head down and tried to drive for the first. On this series below he got the first down and clearly after first contact and a good distance away as well. 

8-10-13jip001_zps933d4794.jpg

8-10-13jip002_zpsf8b6acb4.jpg

8-10-13jip003_zpsfc9a9e45.jpg

8-10-13jip007_zps3e9acff9.jpg

8-10-13jip008_zps7fcd170a.jpg

I said more times than not. This was a play in which he didn't. There was definitely a play in the game when he did. He also did last season quite often

Nobody mention this second play before I posted the pics, only brought up the short first down and then the TD, he also had another catch in the game right after this other play. 

I agree with SWFL Skins.  While watching the game I was actually pleasantly surprised by his effort with the ball, and that was even before he made the touchdown play.  Granted, this is just 1 preseason game, and we've got 3 more before we see continued effort.

It's preseason, you pick your battles.  I'm happy with how Hank has played so far.

Yes. Bubble. Hank has been inconsistent since he's been here.

As to who could bump him out, you guys need to see the big picture. 53 man roster & a log jam at WR & RB

I understand that.  But if we only keep 4 WR, it clearly means a heavy usage of 2 TE sets with one of them not aligned in tight to the formation.  With Fred Davis's prior injury and Jordan Reed's seemingly nagging injuries or perpetual small injuries, I don't think we can carry 4 TE's and only 4 WR's.

I do not think anyone is in contention to supplant Hank as the 5th receiver.  I think there's a big drop after 5 guys.

Nobody mention this second play before I posted the pics, only brought up the short first down and then the TD, he also had another catch in the game right after this other play. 

We're like saying the same thing here but arguing about it, lol. Look at my first post, SWFL in this thread: 

After his first catch and the way he got tackled short of the first down I was thinking to myself "come on Hank be the friggin beast you are for the love of God", then I saw Mike say something to him as he was heading to the bench.

After that he balled out and I think they called that bubble screen just to see how he'd handle contact. I was SO happy when he launched himself. It was like he was looking for contact. First time I really saw that from him.

Do you know if they're more annoyed from his seeming lack of physicality or is it the drops? Or just both since they're kind of connected?

It might have sounded like I only cared about the bubble screen, but I thought he played hard after that in totality. The bubble screen was just, to me, the most physical I've seen him. 

Anyway, we're both on the same page about Hank. I, like you, believe he can develop into the stud he is so close to being and hope his career as a Skin follows the same trajectory as a 'Cane. :) 

We're like saying the same thing here but arguing about it, lol. Look at my first post, SWFL in this thread: 

>After his first catch and the way he got tackled short of the first down I was thinking to myself "come on Hank be the friggin beast you are for the love of God", then I saw Mike say something to him as he was heading to the bench.

After that he balled out and I think they called that bubble screen just to see how he'd handle contact. I was SO happy when he launched himself. It was like he was looking for contact. First time I really saw that from him.

Do you know if they're more annoyed from his seeming lack of physicality or is it the drops? Or just both since they're kind of connected?

It might have sounded like I only cared about the bubble screen, but I thought he played hard after that in totality. The bubble screen was just, to me, the most physical I've seen him. 

Anyway, we're both on the same page about Hank. I, like you, believe he can develop into the stud he is so close to being and hope his career as a Skin follows the same trajectory as a 'Cane. :)

To me what I see is anytime Hank comes up short, has a drop, or whatever is not considered beasting, there are ten people pointing it out, TK even stating he is on the bubble. But when otherthan the TD he does something right it gets skipped over. As you said this is just preseason and he needs to be consistent, something Shanahan is calling for from both Hank and AR, and something we would all love to see. I would point out though it is very early in their NFL careers and this year and next will tell us where they are headed, I just wish some would have the patience for that. 

After we got burned by the Vinny twins, with everyone clamoring for a good drafting strategy and going out and paying for Morgan and Garcon, I think as fans we owe them that. And please look at the fact that really Garcon (injury) and Morgan (injury) for the money have not been total successes, in fact I would say that only Garcon so far looks like a great move. If we didn't sign Morgan and Moss, Hank, AR, etc got his catches would their be a dramatic fall-off in production for the passing game? Considering Moss was productive and Hank had a decent second year, while AR disappeared, was Morgan really that helpful? btw again watching that game over, I noticed Morgan was less than stellar blocking in the run game. 

I agree with SWFL Skins.  While watching the game I was actually pleasantly surprised by his effort with the ball, and that was even before he made the touchdown play.  Granted, this is just 1 preseason game, and we've got 3 more before we see continued effort.

It's preseason, you pick your battles.  I'm happy with how Hank has played so far.

As to who could bump him out, you guys need to see the big picture. 53 man roster & a log jam at WR & RB

I understand that.  But if we only keep 4 WR, it clearly means a heavy usage of 2 TE sets with one of them not aligned in tight to the formation.  With Fred Davis's prior injury and Jordan Reed's seemingly nagging injuries or perpetual small injuries, I don't think we can carry 4 TE's and only 4 WR's.

I do not think anyone is in contention to supplant Hank as the 5th receiver.  I think there's a big drop after 5 guys.

Who are the four WRs ahead of Hankerson? I only consider Garcon, Moss and Morgan ahead of him. Who am I missing?

Who are the four WRs ahead of Hankerson? I only consider Garcon, Moss and Morgan ahead of him. Who am I missing?

In a sense, I think Robinson is.  Robinson provides one thing that none of the other 4 do, elite speed.  I think we'll see Robinson get a lot more snaps than he did last season.  Because some of what Hank does, Josh Morgan also can do, it's why I have Robinson "technically" ahead of Hankerson on the depth chart.

That said, if Hankerson (or Robinson) start to produce and develop further in the regular season, we could see them stealing a lot of snaps from Moss and Morgan.

Yes but technically Robinson does not run crip routes, does not get great separation on anything but deep routes or go routes where he can use his speed,  does not block well (before Hankerson got stopped short the DB was seen shoving AR11 on his ass by on the short run by Helu ) and coach Shanahan has said both Hankerson and Robinson need to be more consistent, but people only seem to hear Hankersons name in that statement ...

Also in this game - Robinson was targeted 6 times (a team high) but he only had 2 receptions - and one of those was badly bobbled , but the zebras gave it him on review -

but everyone seems fine with that - AR can be as inconsistent as he wants to be, he can have a big inconsistency cake and eat it right in the middle of fedex field but people will root for him to make the roster - because he is FAST ..... did FAST become the new TALL ?

I want to make it clear I love what I have been hearing of Robinson, but like Hank his is going into his third year and doesn't have the handicap of coming of a major injury last year to explain how he disappeared late in the season ... (where in fairness Hankerson played better as the season wore on) ...

If Hankerson does the same as Morgan - I want you to consider this : Morgan is slated to make nearly 7 X more $$$ than Hankerson this season, Morgan is 4 years older and this is his 6th season in the NFL and each of his previous seasons have been either shortened by injury or hampered by injury - both Morgan and Hankerson split time starting last season though Hankerson was replaced more and more by Morgan in the early season, you saw Hankerson come back stronger in the back end of the season ... if the two players are at the very least closly comparable... who would you keep if you had to drop one , the older, more expensive import or the young up and coming player you drafted ?

I want all of our players to do well - I just don't get why some get the bums rush from the fans when it is not deserved ....

Here is to hoping all our WRs play well and to their potential this season ...

I thought Hank played well.  Nothing on the pro bowl caliber level, but well enough to be a #3 and spot #2 wideout.  His best series was the one which he scored the TD.  A few good plays and hustle all around, and was rewarded for it.

I don't think we really need any of these wide receivers to step up and claim that 2 spot next to Garcon. We're going to see so many different looks with all these catchers.  Garcon and Morris are pretty much the only ones guaranteed over 70% of the snaps on offense.  There's going to be a huge mix of Morgan, Robinson, Hankerson, Reed, Davis, Paulson and Helu.  Paul may get 10 snaps on offense but I think he won't have much impact.

In a sense, I think Robinson is.  Robinson provides one thing that none of the other 4 do, elite speed.  I think we'll see Robinson get a lot more snaps than he did last season.  Because some of what Hank does, Josh Morgan also can do, it's why I have Robinson "technically" ahead of Hankerson on the depth chart.

That said, if Hankerson (or Robinson) start to produce and develop further in the regular season, we could see them stealing a lot of snaps from Moss and Morgan.

Again, Hank was the no. 3 last year, not 4, but no. 3. HE also blocks better than most give him credit for, which is a Shanny requirement. So while you technically have him ahead of Hank, Hank statistically is no. 3 in production. NFL.com 4th in receptions, yet third in yards and second in YPC and third in TD's

Josh Morgan 48 510 10.6 32 2 Pierre Garcon 44 633 14.4 88 4 Santana Moss 41 573 14.0 77 8 Leonard Hankerson 38 543 14.3 68 3

Again, Hank was the no. 3 last year, not 4, but no. 3. HE also blocks better than most give him credit for, which is a Shanny requirement. So while you technically have him ahead of Hank, Hank statistically is no. 3 in production. NFL.com 4th in receptions, yet third in yards and second in YPC and third in TD's

Josh Morgan 48 510 10.6 32 2 Pierre Garcon 44 633 14.4 88 4 Santana Moss 41 573 14.0 77 8 Leonard Hankerson 38 543 14.3 68 3

I understand how we used them last season.  But for 2013 we've gotta do the difficult job of trying to predict how we'll use them to start off the season.

Hankerson does block better than we give him credit for, but he's still not on par with Josh Morgan.  That's not discrediting Hankerson, or Garcon, or anybody...just saying how ridiculously we use Morgan.  I don't think we have any other WR lineup in FB or take on linebackers as much as Morgan does.  He's willing and able to do the dirty work, and we love him for it.

Don't get me wrong, I really am hoping that both Hankerson and Robinson can steal more and more snaps from Morgan and Moss as the season goes on, but I don't think they will when Week 1 comes around.  Hankerson and Robinson are younger (than Moss, but Morgan just turned 28 so barely younger than him) and aren't in the last year of their contracts.

Not sure Im buying this, especially since I would hardly consider us to have a 'log jam' at WR.

Archived