Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

you have no reason to defend the Heat.  They've been the best team in basketball for the last two seasons, going back after him is silly.

???

If it's his team then doesn't he have every right to defend them? I don't think how good they have been should matter.

A fan of an opponent comes onto ES talking a bunch of trash through the week about the Skins and then we destroy that team. I don't care if we have won 3 SB's back to back to back, I'd expect for that fan to be run off the boards haha.

Edited by jaybrant

What are you actually defending though?  I mean what could anyone possibly say? "Your team sucks so bad that they've only won two titles in a row and will most likely win a third"...

There's literally nothing to defend, his team kicks the crap out of everyone lol

Ppl will come up with any reason to give **** to the Heat and their fans

"They're too good to be defended"

The hell?

The guy who's trashtalking his team tried to defend Donald Sterling in another thread.  Consider the source when you decide whether or not it's worth your time.

What are you actually defending though?  I mean what could anyone possibly say? "Your team sucks so bad that they've only won two titles in a row and will most likely win a third"...

I thought I explained this already. Do you think that every comment levied against a team solely has to do with amount of championships won? How good they are? what type of half court sets they should run? No. It's the whole thing. Depending on the person, it could be legitimacy (refs), for some people, its fanhood (cheering for a team in a transient city) sometimes people turn it into some sort of morality issue (rooting for 3 players who signed together in FA.... or Lebron). Either way you find yourself mainly defending sheer common sense most of the time.

Do I "Defend" them all the time? No. Do I start conversations related to them? Hardly ever. Usually I'm responding to whatever someone is saying that may be incorrect, or flat out stupid, or funny, or something I wholeheartedly agree with. This is a message board. It's what we do. And I'll do it in whatever way I please. I don't need your permission, nor do I care about your opinion.

There's literally nothing to defend, his team kicks the crap out of everyone lol

The guy who's trashtalking his team tried to defend Donald Sterling in another thread.  Consider the source when you decide whether or not it's worth your time.

It's entertainment. Of course its worth my time  :)

Paul George's house was robbed while he was losing to the a Hawks.

http://deadspin.com/someone-robbed-paul-georges-house-while-he-was-at-the-g-1569279840

This just isn't his year.

This seems to be happening a lot to African American athletes. Just a shame. Thank God he wasn't injured and decided to stay home, or he could've ended up like Sean Taylor. 

I can't see why anyone would be giving Mr. Sinister **** for having fun lol.  WTF?

Well I'm not really sure what he's giving me (no Hibbert)

I blame Donald Sterling!

I've got just the right amount of melanin to get a seat in the nosebleeds. Maybe he'll let me mow his lawn.

Totally with you here. As big of a cluster**** as they've been, I want no part of the Pacers in the 2nd round. Just because of the what if

Oh you know if it were going to happen, it would be against us.  Someone would get them inspired, a sick kid or a wounded soldier.  And they'd snap out of it just in time to shut us down.

Oh you know if it were going to happen, it would be against us. Someone would get them inspired, a sick kid or a wounded soldier. And they'd snap out of it just in time to shut us down.

Then we'd all have to fight the inclination to secretly hate that sick kid or wounded soldier. Terrible situation, let's hope we can avoid it.

Oh you know if it were going to happen, it would be against us.  Someone would get them inspired, a sick kid or a wounded soldier.  And they'd snap out of it just in time to shut us down.

Yep.  Any Wizards fan that wants to play the sleeping giant Pacers rather than the 38-44 Hawks is insane.  

There seems to be this weird belief growing that this series proves that the Hawks are a good team or something. That is absurd.

They might very well be the worst team to ever make the NBA playoffs - let alone win a series. The fact that they are winning just shows how abysmal the Pacers are right now.

I think I said it a few pages back. We are watching something like the 24th and 25th best teams in the league play each other. (Well, we aren't watching, because no one is watching this garbage. I haven't watched a minute of it). I would be wary of the Pacers, because they - theoretically - are capable of playing the way they did in November again. And the Hawks have no scary ceiling. But I'm confident in saying that if the Wizards finish off the Bulls (and they should), they are going to the ECF.

(And everyone hears know that I always kill the Wizards. And I think there is a little bit of fool's gold happening with them now. But they have the all-time dream path to the ECF. They have a team that can hurt the Bulls on offense, and the Bulls can't score against anyone. And they get the three-legged dog that comes out of this Hawks-Pacers mess).

• Like 1

As a wizards fan I know anyone can beat us. Mike Dunleavy had a career game and those that aren't familiar with the team think "yeah but how likely is that to happen?" The answer is at least 50/50. The wizards seemingly ALWAYS have some unknown or usually mediocre player explode and have an amazing performance. Gibson, Augustin, Dunleavy... If the wizards play the hawks Korver will have at least one game where he scores 30+. Guaranteed.

The NBA has almost no parity. 

Everyone knew the Pacers were tanking since they traded Granger for odd reasons. The team has been in disarray. They were lucky to luck into the #1 seed and now they face elimination by a team under .500. 

So congrats to one upset in the NBA playoffs. It just makes the Heat road to the Eastern Conference championship that much easier!

I hope The Bulls win Game 5 so I can go to Game 6 and see that place erupt after the Wiz close them out

I think fans might rush the court lol 

As a wizards fan I know anyone can beat us. Mike Dunleavy had a career game and those that aren't familiar with the team think "yeah but how likely is that to happen?" The answer is at least 50/50. The wizards seemingly ALWAYS have some unknown or usually mediocre player explode and have an amazing performance. Gibson, Augustin, Dunleavy... If the wizards play the hawks Korver will have at least one game where he scores 30+. Guaranteed.

Yeah.  Millsap would detonate against us too.  Book that too.  But it'd be pretty bad if we lost a series against this Atlanta team.  Not Pacers bad, but pretty damn bad.

(And everyone hears know that I always kill the Wizards. And I think there is a little bit of fool's gold happening with them now. But they have the all-time dream path to the ECF. They have a team that can hurt the Bulls on offense, and the Bulls can't score against anyone. And they get the three-legged dog that comes out of this Hawks-Pacers mess).

Wizards aren't scared of Miami either. As joewolf said, styles make fights, and the Wizards match up well against Miami. Big scoring bigs Miami can't deal with. Big talented guards that Miami can't deal with. And Ariza--good enough to be an actual pest for LeBron. The Wizards would give Miami a series.

And the Wizards own Brooklyn.

• Like 1

The NBA has almost no parity. 

This is more true for the NBA than any other major sports league. I believe the true cure-all for all the NBA's needs is to turn the Developmental League into a true farm system, like what MLB has. This will allow those franchises like Milwaukee and Toronto, who have a 0% chance to ever win a NBA title right now, the opportunity to develop their own talent and build a team that can compete. A much better model than what we currently have. Teams tanking an entire season(Sixers) in order to draft high enough to select one of the only four rookies in an entire draft to have any type of impact for your team. Only as usual, those four players will be too raw themselves and disappoint. 

In baseball, Strasburg and Harper were in the minors until they were ready for the majors. In the NBA, we try to convince ourselves Kwame Brown, Michael Oluwakandi and Anthony Bennett were really worth the #1 overall pick when they could've used a developmental league full of aging, over-the-hill, crafty veterans and young guys who dominated in college but washed out of the NBA, as competition to hone their game and learn how to play the pro game. 

And like MLB, they could freeze their pro contracts while they are in the DLeague...freeing up essential cap space that no one ever has, and allows the teams to keep that player longer.