Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

And yeah, the Heat probably would have won the series, but I don't think it would have been as easy as you think. And we won the first game vs Charlotte. Y'all won the last three. 

2 of those Charlotte victories were without Nene in the lineup.

And the final one was Nene's first game back.

• Like 1

Wait Pierce is a starter ? haha.

i know right. Their starting unit isn't even as good as last year.

And yeah, the Heat probably would have won the series, but I don't think it would have been as easy as you think. And we won the first game vs Charlotte. Y'all won the last three.

"Probably"? lmao

Just by Beal and Wall getting better, and Wall spending a whole off-season with Gortat makes the starting five better.

People are really sleeping on Paul Pierce because he's older. But I'm trying to tell y'all, he doesn't have to be that player that he used to be. Did y'all not just see Porter and Rice Jr. go HAM in the Summer League? Those are our bench players. Porter will be playing just as many, if not more, minutes than Pierce in some games next season. 

Pierce had a TS% of 59.5 last year. The last time a Bobcats player even came close to that was Gerald Wallace in 2009 LOL.

Our geriatric SF would be the most efficient scorer on the Bobcats roster. Pierce was also more efficient than crazy man Lance. The Bobcats are going to be great at chucking up shots led by the great Kemba Walker.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

I would trade Love for Irving in a bubble. I just don't get what that does for Cleveland. You have Lebron, a better #2 option, and the same team with no point guard.

Miami just went to 4 straight finals with doggie poop i mean Mario Chalmers at the PG position.   Lebron makes a great PG unnecessary.  If I was Cleveland, I would grab Love for Irving, use Irving's money to find a rim protector, and fill in the roster with whoever I could get who could shoot a 3 at a decent percentage.

I'd play an offense predicated on Lebron dominating the ball, with A) drive and finish himself, B ) drive and kick to Love for a high 3 or someone else for a corner 3, C) drive and pass to Love at the rim as my first options.  Lebron will make the right choice 90 percent of the time. and this might be the most efficient offense in NBA history.   You have to double Lebron on the drive or he WILL score.  If you double Lebron by dropping off of Love, you are screwed.   If you double Lebron by dropping off of someone else, then there is an open 3, or Lebron can give it to Love down low anyway, because Love also needs to be doubled down low.   So now who switches to double Love and what happens when you do?   Love is an excellent passer.  Back to Lebron for the dunk?  Out to the other open three?  The amount of defensive switching necessary would be impossible to maintain.   

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 1

Which of these five teams is Charlotte going to finish ahead of?

- Wizards

- Bulls

- Pacers

- Raptors

- Cavaliers

Add Atlanta please.

Let's be honest, it's Chicago and Cleveland in tier 1, Washington, Miami, Toronto, and Indiana in tier 2, Atlanta, Charlotte, and Brooklyn in tier 3.

The gap from tier 1 to 2 isn't that large.

The gap from 2 to 3 is a bit larger but no so much that the top of 3 couldn't sneak into the bottom of 2.

Edited by daveakl

I would trade Love for Irving in a bubble. I just don't get what that does for Cleveland. You have Lebron, a better #2 option, and the same team with no point guard.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too.

Wiggins might end up being better than Irving eventually, but he still plays the same position as LeBron. You need to have a PG. Only a few of the good teams in the league don't have a good PG and if they didn't have a star facilitating SG or SF, their offenses usually weren't that good. One of the biggest problems with Miami was the PG situation. It all ended up falling on LeBron and he got worn down. Put a deadly scoring PG like Irving on those teams and they are a better half court team, LeBron's workload gets manageable, and their run gets extended.

Kyrie is closer to being in a position to sidekick a team to a title than Wiggins too.

The team defense wouldn't be good most likely but an Iggy/Bogut type combination might be built down the line that can make the defense respectable. In the meantime, the offense would easily be the scariest in the NBA.

But I hope Golden State gets Love and Cleveland doesn't get to go from dog to super team in an offseason.

I want to see Cleveland have to build a good team in more than just one move. They could get good by making trades for role players to fill specific holes. I bet they could get really good if they swung a trade for Ersan Ilyasova and Larry Sanders for instance.

Let's be honest, it's Chicago and Cleveland in tier 1,

I'm not putting Chicago in tier one of anything until Rose proves himself and they can show me how they're gonna give proper minutes and space the offense with the glut of power fowards they now have.

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy

I'm not putting Chicago in tier one of anything until Rose proves himself and they can show me how they're gonna properly space the offense with the glut of power fowards they now have.

Fair enough, but the did finish tied for third without rose last year and have upgraded their roster this offseason.

• Like 1

I'm not putting Chicago in tier one of anything until Rose proves himself and they can show me how they're gonna give proper minutes and space the offense with the glut of power fowards they now have.

Thank you for saying that. Don't understand the Chicago hype. I mean after D-Rose...you have Pau...Joakim Noah...Jimmy Butler...Kirk Hinrich? That's a top-tier team? Sure, they made the playoffs last year without Rose because they play tough-nose D and are well-coached but come on. The talent just isn't there.

Thank you for saying that. Don't understand the Chicago hype. I mean after D-Rose...you have Pau...Joakim Noah...Jimmy Butler...Kirk Hinrich? That's a top-tier team? Sure, they made the playoffs last year without Rose because they play tough-nose D and are well-coached but come on. The talent just isn't there.

Do you think they end up better or worse then last year?