Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Miami usually has more fire than that. Surprised to see that outcome. 

I think Miami approached this game like every other game 1. They didn't really gameplan, just kind of "shot from the hip" and will now design a plan. They do it every time, it just so happens they win more times than not. 

Indiana had EVERYTHING in their favor, to include the calls (I do agree with the Chalmers flagrant though), and Miami played with a lack of effort. Don't see it happening 4 times within 7 games.

Lemme guess...they're thugs, right?

I can't imagine that anyone watching Lebron, Wade, Durant, or Westbrook going to or from a game has ever thought "thug". "Dandy" maybe and "pea****" certainly but certainly not thug.

66 points in the paint. Jesus. I don't see how OKC is going to stop SA from scoring at all now. Ibaka might be as devastating a loss as Westbrook was last playoffs.

They lose so much without him. Defensively, they have no shotblocking now. Perkins has to play a ton, which kills their offense. They lose all flexibility in terms of going big or going small. It's a huge problem.

And it's a shame, because with him, they give the Spurs all sorts of matchup problems, because there is literally no one on the Spurs with any hope of staying in front of Westbrook. He made Tony Parker look like a 100-year-old man at times last night, but it doesn't matter because the Spurs can score at will. I mean, The Thunder can't stop Boris Diaw without Ibaka.

• Like 1

They lose so much without him. Defensively, they have no shotblocking now. Perkins has to play a ton, which kills their offense. They lose all flexibility in terms of going big or going small. It's a huge problem.

And it's a shame, because with him, they give the Spurs all sorts of matchup problems, because there is literally no one on the Spurs with any hope of staying in front of Westbrook. He made Tony Parker look like a 100-year-old man at times last night, but it doesn't matter because the Spurs can score at will. I mean, The Thunder can't stop Boris Diaw without Ibaka.

Yeah it is a shame. After getting Westbrook back to his old self and after getting past Memphis, OKC really looked like a championship caliber team. They're done now. It would be miraculous if they get past this injury.

And Durant has been on a mission the whole year. What if he dips next season? Kind of feels like this was their shot.

I think the injuries to Ibaka and Westbrook show how perilous a three man team can be. Miami has been very fortunate with their injury situation when you think about it. Plus it helps playing in the East. OKC's cheapskate ownership should have gone into the tax to keep Harden. When Westbrook goes down, Harden fills in his production. When Ibaka goes down, it'd still be tough but then you've got a legit shot at just outscoring everyone. Ownership didn't even get anyone with the money they saved from dealing Harden and letting KMart walk. They should have amnestied Perkins years ago and gotten some legit rotation pieces and kept Harden.

But they're cheap and I bet they cost themselves multiple championships.

Yeah, I hate it when a team isn't 100%.  I know injuries are a part of sports, but I hate seeing the best of the best go at it when one team isn't at its best.  Ibaka brings so much to OKC. 

Go Pacers!  Lebron is a weak bum!  "I'm tired of getting knocked out by Dwyane Wade, so I might as well join his team."  Weakest moment in pro sports history.  "The King."  :rolleyes:

Yeah, I hate it when a team isn't 100%.  I know injuries are a part of sports, but I hate seeing the best of the best go at it when one team isn't at its best.  Ibaka brings so much to OKC. 

Go Pacers!  Lebron is a weak bum!  "I'm tired of getting knocked out by Dwyane Wade, so I might as well join his team."  Weakest moment in pro sports history.  "The King."  :rolleyes:

Yeah, good thing Lebron came and got carried by Wade to win those 2 rings.....................................................

Yeah it is a shame. After getting Westbrook back to his old self and after getting past Memphis, OKC really looked like a championship caliber team. They're done now. It would be miraculous if they get past this injury.

And Durant has been on a mission the whole year. What if he dips next season? Kind of feels like this was their shot.

I think the injuries to Ibaka and Westbrook show how perilous a three man team can be. Miami has been very fortunate with their injury situation when you think about it. Plus it helps playing in the East. OKC's cheapskate ownership should have gone into the tax to keep Harden. When Westbrook goes down, Harden fills in his production. When Ibaka goes down, it'd still be tough but then you've got a legit shot at just outscoring everyone. Ownership didn't even get anyone with the money they saved from dealing Harden and letting KMart walk. They should have amnestied Perkins years ago and gotten some legit rotation pieces and kept Harden.

But they're cheap and I bet they cost themselves multiple championships.

Just stop to think what that team would be like with Harden as the THIRD scoring option. Why, he could play defense again. Remember when he used to play defense? And their small ball lineups would be ridiculous.

Remember that WCF two years ago when OKC suddenly realized that they could just run San Antonio's asses into the ground? OKC has lost Harden and Ibaka (essentially) from that team while San Antonio has turned Kawhi Leonard into a killer.

The box score from Game 6 is kind of amazing on the SA side. Here are the minutes played by the Spurs:

Parker: 41

Leonard: 40

Duncan: 40

Ginobli (starting): 35

Diaw (starting): 25

Stephen Jackson: 32

Neal:  19

Green: 3

Splitter: 1

Blair: 1

In retrospect, that was clearly a rebuilding year for the Spurs as now Leonard, Splitter, and Green are solid starters, and they can unleash Ginobli and Diaw from the bench. And it may have been the peak of the Durant Era - though you can't give up on them while they have both he and Westbrook. I mean, that's a foundation that's pretty hard to screw up.

I would love to see Rick Carlisle coaching the Thunder for the rest of this series. He is masterful at reconfiguring his lineups on the fly.

• Like 1

Anyone know what the OKC cap situation is ?

They are over the cap.

They have $68 million on the books for next year and the cap is probably going to be around $66. And that's with Sefolosha and Fisher coming off the books. They are never going to go over the luxury tax so they will probably fill the roster with low-salary guys. I think they still have their full MLE though.

They will have Perkins as a $9.4 expiring contract. But the trade market for expirings doesn't seem to be that robust these days.

I think they will just resign Sefolosha and use their draft pick to replace Fisher and go with that while maybe looking to dump Perkins if the right offer comes along - though I don't know what that would even look like.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 1

Again I'm happy the Wizards aren't in their usual lottery position this year lol. Although if this was another bad year for them they might have ended up winning the thing again and drafting Wiggins. If not that, then Parker. ****, if they had Parker at the 3 holy **** lol

Again I'm happy the Wizards aren't in their usual lottery position this year lol. Although if this was another bad year for them they might have ended up winning the thing again and drafting Wiggins. If not that, then Parker. ****, if they had Parker at the 3 holy **** lol

That's a whole lotta ifs.

But good post. Solid post.