Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Yeah Hibbert is the scapegoat but it's not all on him. He's the biggest guy and one of the highest paid players but that whole team sucks right now. Their offense is terrible. They were bad shot making last night and we missed a comical amount of FTs, otherwise that would have been a huge blow out. Their offense is crap. Their defense isn't bad, but it isn't good. George and Stephenson and Turner are chucking.

Hibbert looks like he's checked out. Stuck on bad habits. He looks like he doesn't believe in the team any more. I heard Stephenson and Paul George are big timing the locker room. Turner is a ****. Bynum is a cancer. David West has always been a little ****. Hibbert is a big soft simpleton. And Vogel was always out of his depth, just caught lightning in a bottle for a hot minute in a weak and vulnerable East that was reorganizing itself--going from a flawed Miami team with a big man Achilles heel, a very very flawed New York team, an ancient Boston transplanting to Brooklyn team, and a snakebit Chicago team--to a second era where upstart Toronto and Washington team's hadn't yet arrived.

If/when Indy loses to the Wizards, I think they get broken up. And without the synergistic added value from a super cohesive starting five, Indy's individual parts won't carry a ton of value. I think last year and the beginning of this year was the best it's going to get for Indy. I said it before last summer too. Paul George's max deal essentially replaces Danny Granger's and Indy stays capped out with no realistic avenues of improvement. They had a flawed team before they completely fell apart chemically. Now they're a toxic mess on top of that.

You can talk about how the new NBA has parity this season, but let's not kid ourselves. The Heat just blew out another opponent yet again. They simply turn on a switch and dominate fools. True parity won't exist until someone beats the Heat. Unfortunately that is not happening. The Thunder may lose, Portland may go to the finals, so may Spurs. The West is wild open. In the East it is Miami by a mile, followed by Washington. It is seriously unfair and makes you pissed off how ****ing uneven and unbalanced this league is. Someone ****ing step up and eliminate the Heat already. 

Sam AmickVerified account

‏@sam_amick

Mark Jackson will not be back as Golden State Warriors coach, @USATODAYsports has learned. Story to come.

Hand down, man down! Momma, there goes that man!

You can talk about how the new NBA has parity this season, but let's not kid ourselves. The Heat just blew out another opponent yet again. They simply turn on a switch and dominate fools. True parity won't exist until someone beats the Heat. Unfortunately that is not happening. The Thunder may lose, Portland may go to the finals, so may Spurs. The West is wild open. In the East it is Miami by a mile, followed by Washington. It is seriously unfair and makes you pissed off how ****ing uneven and unbalanced this league is. Someone ****ing step up and eliminate the Heat already. 

The Spurs were an enormous choke job by Leonard (and I think one other Spur) on the FT line, and a Popovich mental error and a miraculous hurried stepback shot by Allen from having won it last year.  The other issue is even vs. OKC, Lebron and the Heat were bailed out time and again by poor officiating, to the point where Lebron fouled Durant in a vital game (which could have swung it entirely to the Heat) three times on one quick and crucial possession.  No call.  I love basketball but I'm stunned at how frequently and how visibly the officiating shifts during games and commands a final outcome (or a tendency to a final outcome.)  Saw this even with Portland/Houston.

Edited by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

Mark Jackson is an excellent motivator and team chemistry guy, and a terrible game coach.  His "bench mob" substitutions kill the team, he always goes straight to iso postups as soon as things get rough (and what's worse the Warriors don't have any great post up iso players), his plays out of timeouts are lame, and so on.   He is high school level at drawing up plays.   I can't even imagine how much more a Popovich could have gotten out of Harrison Barnes this year.  I can't imagine going 20 plus minutes in a game without ever letting Andrew Bogut touch the ball on offense.  Bogut had 8 points per game --- on 65 percent shooting!  

Yes, the defense has gotten better each year, but how much of that is coaching and how much of that is 1) getting Andrew Bogut, 2) getting Andre Igoudala, and 3) Draymond Green getting David Lee's minutes?   Only the third of those involved Jackson.   

Honestly, I'm not sorry to see him go.   I know there is a risk the team could implode, but this team is stacked with talent and should have done more.  I think they were topped out at 51 wins and the 6th seed with Jackson as coach.   

That speech....wow. there's no player in the league on his level. Most guys, even humble men, have an ego. This dude Kevin has got to be the most modest superstar out there.

That's why he's my favorite player in the league. Lebron, Blake, Dwight, Kobe...they're "nice guys," but they can't hold a candle to Kevin's modesty. Wow.

He loves his team SO much, and he seems to love the city and state of Oklahoma. I wouldn't be surprised if he never pulls a LeBron and stays in OKC for 10 years

Edited by Chew

Damn. Don't see how POR bounces back from this. This just isn't an off night where the shots aren't falling, it's complete domination in every facet.  Who knows though, weirder things have happened. 

Eh. That was the biggest stage those guys have ever played on and they were facing a machine in the machine's home building. I'm not going to write them off until Game 3 in Portland.