Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Why did anyone assume the Thunder would easily beat Memphis? The Pacers are struggling against a under .500 team with their star center out for the season. The Thunder are playing Memphis, when have they ever been easily beaten? They took the Thunder to 7 games after knocking out San Antonio out in 2010-11. They were knocked out in 7 games by the clippers in the 1st round of 2011-12, but avenged that loss the following season before making quick work of the a Thunder without Westbrook. Memphis is always a bear :) to deal with in the post season.

Memphis won 50 games and they were better than that record too. I think they'd have been a home court team if not for injuries to Conley and Gasol during the season. They took a step back in the games Conley missed. They fell apart when Gasol got hurt. They're healthy now though and finished the year on a tear. That is a brutal first round draw. I would have rather faced Portland, Dallas, Golden State, or Phoenix for sure.

I said two years ago that Deandre Jordan would become one of the best centers in the league. Dude protects the rim like no one else, and has developed a nice offensive game.

Matt Barnes is so underrated.

Is it possible no home teams could win today? Probably.

Jordan is a nice player, but not sure what you mean by" developed a nice offensive game." He doesn't have any post moves. He basically catches a lot of lobs and dunks. And gets a lot of garbage points. Don't get me wrong, that WORKS! Just saying...

As for Barnes: he's a nice player, too. But I'm sick of his fake tough guy act. He will shove an opposing player into a defender to try and draw a foul and then whine when it's called a foul. Then when someone pays him back on the other end, he also whines. There's no place for that crap he pulls on defense. If he would have pulled that stuff that he pulled on Iggy in Game 5, in the regular season, he probably gets clocked.

Edited by Bubble Screen

What a flop job by Igoudala. It worked though.

Yeah Bubble basically Jordan is super athletic. He out works his opponents on both ends. He doesn't have any post game per se but he has the occasional nice foot work. But yes he skies above the rim.

Edited by abdcskins

Iggy with the flop to get a 4 point play.

I thought they were fining people for flopping this year.

It was definitely a flop. But why is Griffin even touching him like that? What's worse, he wasn't even defending the guy on the release (up high). You can't give these idiot refs any reason to call a foul there. Especially when a guy is attempting a 3.

Iggy with the flop to get a 4 point play.

I thought they were fining people for flopping this year.

There has been a lot of flopping in this game from both sides. Paul got a charge called on Lee earlier that was just ridiculous.

Solid game. This has been the most even matchup.

Three game 7s wow. You'd expect all the home teams to win. Probably not gonna happen though. Which one loses? I think the Thunder.

Edited by abdcskins

I thought there were some bs fouls at the end of the la Gs game. Basically gave it to the warriors.

There were some really ticky-tack fouls that went against the Clippers, and then when the Clippers were driving hard to the lane *swallow whistle*. 

These refs are calling the most inconsistent game ever (clippers warriors). I have no idea what the hell is a foul from minute to minute.

Yeah, that was bad. Inconsistent officiating has to be considered one of the league's worst issues now doesn't it? It's such a bad look for the league. They have got to find a way to stop the flopping because it's still as wide spread as ever.

friday.jpg

Dude aren't you a Bulls AND Yankees fan?

It's a bandwagon fans right to be a bandwagon fan, but there should be some type of law against them talking ****, to anyone.

Good thing about the Pacers winning is, it gies the distance and we get rest.

I actually kind of want to play the Pacers. If we beat the Hawks to go to the ECF, it's gonna be "oh you guys just beat the 8 seed. Ain't ****." If we beat the a Pacers though, as I know we can, well that adds some real legitimacy to the franchise. Good for the youngsters, good for the franchise, good for the fanbase, good for the DMV. Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 1

Would the Bullets give up Beal and bunch of draft picks if Durant says he wants to come home.

Um, no. We would simply clear out the roster and sign him. Then unlease Wall, Beal & Durant with a couple other pieces on the league.

ZBo suspended for game 7!!!!

bnjn8rygbmqzakdkae38.gif

NEW YORK -- Memphis forward Zach Randolph has been suspended for Game 7 of the Grizzlies' playoff series against Oklahoma City for punching Thunder center Steven Adams in the jaw.

The ruling Friday by the NBA leaves the Grizzlies without their leading scorer for the deciding game in Oklahoma City on Saturday night.

The play came with 6:42 left in the Thunder's 104-84 victory Thursday night. Randolph first elbowed Adams in the midsection with his left elbow, then struck Adams with his right hand.

Randolph is averaging a team-best 18.2 points in the series.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10874180/zach-randolph-memphis-grizzlies-suspended-game-7

Mike Conley already had a strained hamstring and now this?!  Grizzlies fans must be losing their minds.  

Edited by Destino