Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I'm sorry but Durant nor Paul are all time greats at this point. Not even close.

Come on, yeah they are. CP3 has a chance to go down as a top two or three PG ever. You've already got past greats talking about him like that. He's a first ballot HoFer if his career ended tomorrow. He's going to churn out a couple more seasons at his current rate too before he starts to decline.

Durant just won an MVP and has already won four scoring titles and led the league in PPG the past five years. He's a HoFer too if he retired tomorrow. And he's 25, he's a year or two from his actual prime. He's going to go down as one of the greatest ever at any position.

I believe the haters are a lot more defensive and antagonizing.

I thought you might like that.

Pot meet kettle.

Alright, you seem salty and I don't know why. I'll leave you alone.

End of discussion only if you don't want to have a discussion. That's just not a useful way to look at Durant and Paul IMO. For Durant, Memphis is better than OKC. OKC can't really beat them.

FOH. OKC is a more talented team than Memphis. OKC has the best two players in this series including a guy who is the 2nd best player in the league and MVP. GTFOH. If you really believe this, lol.

OKC's bench is better too.

OKC can beat them and should beat them. Its not like Memphis is stomping them out, the last 4 games have gone to OT.

Brooks is a bad coach, but the MVP cant have games like he having.

What can Durant do? Memphis knows they can throw everything at Durant and shut OKC down and it's working.

you just called Durant an all time great, then ask this question. You just searching for excuses now, lol.

Lebron got fried for having worse teams go out, but we cant talk about Durant? Nah, he getting fried.

Melo gets fried despite not being in that class. Dirk got fried too, even tho Dirk still balled. Durant is putting up stinkers and he deserves a pass? Hell nah! I love dude, he from my hood, but imma fry dude when its warranted.

For Paul, you know the reason he hasn't made a run is because of his teams. One great player can get a team to the playoffs but he can't take them far on his own. Not in a West that's been this good for this long. He hasn't been on a team good enough to do it until this season and last season. And last season, Del Negro just wasn't good enough to give them that edge against the best West teams. I don't blame Paul for that. Those New Orleans teams never actually made it to the postseason at full strength. And it's not like they had talent to spare in the first place. Now if we get to the end of this Clippers era and Paul's team is still getting bounced in the first and second round every year, then you're right, something is wrong.

Chris Paul is an all time great who has no meaningful playoff runs. You can say team, but this dude had to learn that you cant dribble the ball for 23 seconds this season. He also has to let Blake be the man on that team. He a superstar and all time great, so if he dont go deep, he gets fried. Thats how this has always worked.

Just because you like Paul and Durant dont mean they dont deserve to get fried. That is how this works.

Maybe this is the year for CP3, idk.

Edited by JoeWolf990

I don't mean to kick Durant when he is down, but I look at him jack up that three pointer last night, and I  was so disappointed. Granted, it looked like that there wasn't really a play for them to run, but that three pointer was just ridiculous...

Now, that I said that. I have to say something that I have been trying not to say today, but I can't hold it any longer...

Screw Joey Crawford man. How does this clown continue to do the things that he does, and continue to get away with it. Last night was ridiculous. You don't do what he did man. It's like he is trying to make the NBA Refs look shady on purpose. I hope that he is not a referee next year. Dude needs to go.

But that is not why the Thunder lost. They lost because of their coach sucking and their star players not coming through efficiently. Especially Durant. 

I'm just throwing salt in the wound...but hyperbole really got the best of a lot of people this season.  They were crowning Durant before the playoffs.  Granted, he and the THunder are still alive...but, if they get bounced...OH BOY. 

*I'm all for whatever puts him one step closer to signing w/ DC.  LOL.  So here's to him failing in OKC!

• Like 2

What was Joey suppose to do in that situation?,The rim was moving, so he stopped KD from shooting the ft.

See, I don't know if you're joking or not. lol I'm going with the former...

I blame Brooks more than I blame KD or Westbrook. I mean, if the team keeps underachieving, when are you going to start to take a serious look at the coach?

See, I don't know if you're joking or not. lol I'm going with the former...

I blame Brooks more than I blame KD or Westbrook. I mean, if the team keeps underachieving, when are you going to start to take a serious look at the coach?

yeah man, their halfcourt offense blows me.

I don't mean to kick Durant when he is down, but I look at him jack up that three pointer last night, and I  was so disappointed. Granted, it looked like that there wasn't really a play for them to run, but that three pointer was just ridiculous...

Now, that I said that. I have to say something that I have been trying not to say today, but I can't hold it any longer...

Are you referring to the last shot?  That was a play call and there was no time for much more than catch and shoot.  Unless you think Durant called that play then I'm not sure how he's at fault.  It was a poorly drawn up play and the passing player didn't even look at anyone other option, even though the Grizz sent two players after Durant prior to the pass.  Someone else should have easily been open but Ibaka didn't even move knowing he had no chance of getting the pass. 

The play call is usually the coach.  

Come on, yeah they are. CP3 has a chance to go down as a top two or three PG ever. You've already got past greats talking about him like that. He's a first ballot HoFer if his career ended tomorrow. He's going to churn out a couple more seasons at his current rate too before he starts to decline. Durant just won an MVP and has already won four scoring titles and led the league in PPG the past five years. He's a HoFer too if he retired tomorrow. And he's 25, he's a year or two from his actual prime. He's going to go down as one of the greatest ever at any position. I thought you might like that.Alright, you seem salty and I don't know why. I'll leave you alone.

Im salty because the Wizards advanced to the 2nd round, and LeBron and the heat swept the sorry bobcats? Common man, don't get mad. Durant can still win the series. It's not over yet.

"Only losers romanticize the regular season."

-No Excuses

Edited by Ozymandias

you just called Durant an all time great, then ask this question. You just searching for excuses now, lol.

Lebron got fried for having worse teams go out, but we cant talk about Durant? Nah, he getting fried.

Melo gets fried despite not being in that class. Dirk got fried too, even tho Dirk still balled. Durant is putting up stinkers and he deserves a pass? Hell nah! I love dude, he from my hood, but imma fry dude when its warranted.

On an unrelated note, Im happy to see Ross in the playoffs. His highschool played my high school back in 2008, maybe 2009, and dude was a beast. He was a junior then I believe, but man was he good. He plucked one of my best friends at half court and jumped from the free throw line, ****ed back, and dunked it. I had never seen a dunk like that in person in my life before.

Justin Anderson, the guy who plays for UVA, was also on that squad and was a freshman, but he seemed better than half the team.

Are you referring to the last shot?  That was a play call and there was no time for much more than catch and shoot.  Unless you think Durant called that play then I'm not sure how he's at fault.  It was a poorly drawn up play and the passing player didn't even look at anyone other option, even though the Grizz sent two players after Durant prior to the pass.  Someone else should have easily been open but Ibaka didn't even move knowing he had no chance of getting the pass. 

The play call is usually the coach.  

Yeah that's kind of my point. I was half sleep when I was watching it, but it just seemed like the whole process was rushed and uncreative(if that's a word). 

FOH. OKC is a more talented team than Memphis. OKC has the best two players in this series including a guy who is the 2nd best player in the league and MVP. GTFOH. If you really believe this, lol.

OKC can beat them and should beat them. Its not like Memphis is stomping them out, the last 4 games have gone to OT.

Memphis started the season 10-15 and finished the season 40-17

OKC started the season 21-4 and finished 38-19

It's no so clear cut that OKC is simply the better team. Memphis is a great defensive team and it's a bad match up the way OKC is built with two dudes on offense in the starting lineup. I give a lot of credit to Memphis versus calling out this player or that player. Pretty much any team in the west could make the finals this year.

Memphis started the season 10-15 and finished the season 40-17

OKC started the season 21-4 and finished 38-19

It's no so clear cut that OKC is simply the better team. Memphis is a great defensive team and it's a bad match up the way OKC is built with two dudes on offense in the starting lineup. I give a lot of credit to Memphis versus calling out this player or that player. Pretty much any team in the west could make the finals this year.

why would I go by record? OKC is the better team. They have the two best players in this series, who happen to be 2 top 10 players at worst. They better and they blowing it.

Interesting games tonight.  Seems like everyone thinks the Spurs are a lock at home.  I think the Mavericks are fully capable of beating them.  Nets/Raptors is a toss up.  I fully believe the Blazers are a better team than the Rockets.  If Harden isn't on their entire team shuts down.

• Like 1

There is nothing on sports TV like TNT basketball coverage. It's fantastic.

Yeah it really is fantastic. Charles was glued to the OKC game. Towards end of the segment they had one of the guys grab his ear piece and say they were cutting to someone at the OKC game with analysis then it cuts to Charles just sitting there with a blank look on his face lol. I also love the gone fishing pictures too.

Edited by Zazzaro703

Brooks is a bad coach, but the MVP cant have games like he having.

Durant is certainly struggling. But a lot of his struggles are Memphis' doing. What they're doing on him defensively is incredible. Durant can't even get off screens sometimes. They can't get him the ball in the half court with any space or in any sort of scoring position. You'd think it would free up someone else on OKC to go off, but who has done it except Reggie Jackson that one game?

I disagree OKC has a better team. And if Westbrook is the second best player in the series. Westbrook doesn't look right. And OKC's bench is not better. Reggie Jackson had that one great game but he's been invisible otherwise. Who else do they have? A bunch of guys who are too young or too old that have made almost no impact in the series. OKC has been playing 1 or 2 on 5 the whole series. Memphis's rotation is better than OKC's--it's why they are winning. They actually go 8 or 9 deep.

The games are going to OT mostly because OKC has made some miracle plays at the end of games they should have lost in regulation. Memphis has controlled this series.

OKC has been exposed. They are only a great team when Durant is playing like Jordan--which he did for most of the year. When he doesn't, they aren't that good.

You're not answering the question. What's Durant supposed to do? Make all of the crap shots he's left with? Pass up quick open looks when he knows the offense has no chance of running anything that will get a better look than that? What's the solution for their offense to solve this defense given the players they've got and the guy that's coaching them?

Durant is the most gifted scorer in the league. And he can't score well against a balanced team with a great defense scheming to stop him above all else. To me, that's the story. Not that Durant isn't hitting a bunch of crap shots coming at the end of horrible offensive possessions.

LeBron was the NBA's golden child until Miami. People were on his side until he formed a super team with Wade and Bosh and went from David to Goliath. And The Decision certainly didn't help. The only people mad at LeBron early in his career were Wizards fans and Kobe fans who felt like LeBron was stealing his throne.

Melo catches a lot of undeserved crap, and Dirk definitely did too. The talk of Dirk being soft was ridiculous, I'm glad he put that behind him. He caught a lot of hell, but it doesn't change the fact Dirk was the best player in the NBA from about 2005-2007, well before he won his ring.

Melo plays in New York for a hugely disappointing Knicks team. The criticism he gets isn't fair or well informed IMO, but it's predictable. I don't know that anyone really expects him to be better than he has been though.

Chris Paul is an all time great who has no meaningful playoff runs. You can say team, but this dude had to learn that you cant dribble the ball for 23 seconds this season. He also has to let Blake be the man on that team. He a superstar and all time great, so if he dont go deep, he gets fried. Thats how this has always worked.

Just because you like Paul and Durant dont mean they dont deserve to get fried. That is how this works.

Maybe this is the year for CP3, idk.

Come on, if there is one thing Chris Paul can do better than anyone else, it's run an offense. And I actually don't really like CP3. I don't hate him. I appreciate him. He has truly incredible instincts for the game. But he's a huge flopper and I do not like the Clippers, don't like the way he's played ever since he got there. My statement is not based on the way I feel about him. I just think it's the truth that CP3 couldn't make a run before now mostly because of bad luck and stuff he couldn't control. Those Hornets teams could never catch a break.

I know how you feel about Wilt, especially in regards to Russell. This is surprising to me.

Screw Joey Crawford man. How does this clown continue to do the things that he does, and continue to get away with it. Last night was ridiculous. You don't do what he did man. It's like he is trying to make the NBA Refs look shady on purpose. I hope that he is not a referee next year. Dude needs to go.

But that is not why the Thunder lost. They lost because of their coach sucking and their star players not coming through efficiently. Especially Durant. 

Crawford did the right thing there.

The foul count was wrong on the arena screen (which the players use). If Durant misses the shot then the Thunder players may have thought that they had a foul to give.

Best thing to do there was to stop Durant from shooting and fix it, which is what he did.

I saw where some people were saying that he should have let Durant shoot it (to keep his rhythm) then waived the shot, fixed the error, have Durant shoot again, then moved on with the game. This would have been a much worse decision.. in my opinion.

Reminds me of the Skins game last season when the refs let the play go before fixing the down markers.

Joey was kind of in a no win situation. That's probably why he was so pissed.

Edited by jaybrant
  • Like 1

Crawford did the right thing there.

The foul count was wrong on the arena screen (which the players use). If Durant misses the shot then the Thunder players may have thought that they had a foul to give.

Best thing to do there was to stop Durant from shooting and fix it, which is what he did.

I saw where some people were saying that he should have let Durant shoot it (to keep his rhythm) then waived the shot, fixed the error, have Durant shoot again, then moved on with the game. This would have been a much worse decision.. in my opinion.

Reminds me of the Skins game last season when the refs let the play go before fixing the down markers.

Joey was kind of in a no win situation. That's probably why he was so pissed.

I hear you JayB, but why is it always him involved in something?

I mean, I'll give him props for doing the right thing this time, but man, he shouldn't always be the main entertainment in most of the games be officiates lol

• Like 1

I hear you JayB, but why is it always him involved in something?

I mean, I'll give him props for doing the right thing this time, but man, he shouldn't always be the main entertainment in most of the games be officiates lol

Lol. I can't defend his entire career.

I just felt like he was getting unnecessary blame for last night.

And the way that I see it is that even if Crawford didn't have a valid reason to do what he did, Durant is the league MVP and an 88% (career) FT shooter. He has to knock that FT down, no matter the distractions. That's on him.