Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Did I mention how much I hate the Grizzlies?

Everytime the Warriors play them, the Grizzlies manage to slow the game down to a crawl (and win, of course). The Dubs match up horribly against them. And other than the occassional play by Conley, they make the game boring as well. Grrrrr....

The Grizzlies and the Bulls force teams to get into a wrestling match. Finesse teams have a real hard time with them because they just don't allow up tempo entertaining basketball. I do like watching the Grizz play the Clipper though because ZBo has mastered the art of getting under Blake Griffin's skin. Edited by Destino

You said he was the most overrated player of the 90s.  And I stated that he was a very productive player for over a decade so that's probably not true.

I think someone can be both very productive and still overrated.  It depends on how highly you are rated vis a vis how great you really were.

See Dominique Wilkins.  Or Alan Iverson.   Or Pete Maravich.  Or James Worthy.   Or two time MVP Steve Nash.   All excellent players, all overrated.

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 1

I haven't seen him live yet this year but am dying to (stupid kids). How is he scoring? Put backs? Jumpers? Post ups? If he is already showing signs of a post-up game, the Pelicans might contend for a title in the next few years.

Right now his game is still raw, you can clearly tell he's got tons of potential left.  But what he does have already, is going to open his game up for literally everything.  He's got a smooth 18 footer, I did not know he had this range, but he's hitting it multiple times every game.  The rest of the points are drives to the hole (set up by his man jumping out to contest his jumper), pick and rolls where he goes hard to the hoop, alley oops, tip ins.  From what I've seen he's got a bit of a face up post game, think Dwight where he goes into the lane and does the running hook.  But he's not getting the ball in the post as much as I'd like.

The Grizzlies and the Bulls force teams to get into a wrestling match. Finesse teams have a real hard time with them because they just don't allow up tempo entertaining basketball. I do like watching the Grizz play the Clipper though because ZBo has mastered the art of getting under Blake Griffin's skin.

Bulls are having issues with bigs that can stretch the floor to the arc.  Spencer Hawes from the Sixers and McRoberts from the Bobcats posed some serious problems.  When I watch them it seems like the rotating player is unsure if he should go out and contest or turn around to box out for the rebound.

Did I mention how much I hate the Grizzlies?

Everytime the Warriors play them, the Grizzlies manage to slow the game down to a crawl (and win, of course).  The Dubs match up horribly against them.  And other than the occassional play by Conley, they make the game boring as well.    Grrrrr....

thats called playing to their strengths and minimizing the other team's strengths. Good coaching, imo

You said he was the most overrated player of the 90s.  And I stated that he was a very productive player for over a decade so that's probably not true.

you can be very productive and still be overrated.

Like I said earlier, Mitch Richmond was a better 2guard than Reggie Miller in the 90s and even has the individual accolades to prove it. Yet Mitch is still waiting to make the HOF while Reggie whined about not making it first ballot, ultimately getting in the next year.

Sucks to hear that about Rose. Just goes to show you that it doesn't matter how many months you take off from an injury... Nothing can stop freak accidents like that. Nothing

After such a long layoff, I was surprised to see the toe injury come back, and the hamstring issue happen on top of that. I wouldn't be surprised if all of these injuries contributed to each other. The dude just couldn't get healthy. I bet he just didn't feel good and that's why he took so much time off. He felt like his body was breaking down.

For Rose's career, I hope he just lets the meniscus heal. 

dont get it removed. Would change his game completely.

if that means be out for the season, than so be it.

Chicago should really tank and try and go for the 2nd perimeter scorer they have needed for years.

For Rose's career, I hope he just lets the meniscus heal. 

dont get it removed. Would change his game completely.

if that means be out for the season, than so be it.

Chicago should really tank and try and go for the 2nd perimeter scorer they have needed for years.

For Chicago to tank they'd have to have a fire sale.  They probably aren't going to lose enough games to miss the playoffs, let alone finish in the bottom 5 of the league, with their roster and the way they play defense.  I don't see them doing that, especially now that people are worried Rose may never really be the same guy he was before the first knee injury.  

Edited by Destino

For Chicago to tank they'd have to have a fire sale.  They probably aren't going to lose enough games to miss the playoffs, let alone finish in the bottom 5 of the league, with their roster and the way they play defense.  I don't see them doing that, especially now that people are worried Rose may never really be the same guy he was before the first knee injury.  

they should do it because of the fear Rose may never be the same.

get rid of Deng and see if you can lose Boozer and try and get a high enough position for one of these small forwards, or even a guy like Marcus Smart.

Deng isnt coming back next season anyway. He on the last year of his contract.