Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Stephen A. McAfee. Bayless. Sharpe. I rarely listen to any of them. 

I can’t really figure out who does. 

They’re garbage and just yell  the time. You can’t even have them on in the background

its like people who watch the Sunday pregame shows. They’re such trash who would waste the time 😂 

Edited by tshile

Folks do seem to want to treat Clark with kid gloves. Every transcendant rookie has a target on them and gets roughed and tested to some degree by the vets.  I remember when Wemby got drafted, vets were openly talking about seeing what he was made of.

That hip check on Clark was the most mild thing ever.  You would have thought Carter took a running start and dumped Clark into the 3rd row with all the hysteria. She got a receipt out in the open for the elbow on the other end. Absolutely a foul by Carter, call it, keep it moving.  The fact that this has turned into a national discourse that, essentially, the rest of the WNBA should let her get off because the league needs her is kinda crazy.  

• Thumb down 1

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

Folks do seem to want to treat Clark with kid gloves. Every transcendant rookie has a target on them and gets roughed and tested to some degree by the vets.  I remember when Wemby got drafted, vets were openly talking about seeing what he was made of.

That hip check on Clark was the most mild thing ever.  You would have thought Carter took a running start and dumped Clark into the 3rd row with all the hysteria. She got a receipt out in the open for the elbow on the other end. Absolutely a foul by Carter, call it, keep it moving.  The fact that this has turned into a national discourse that, essentially, the rest of the WNBA should let her get off because the league needs her is kinda crazy.  

I missed the play/game when Wemby was knocked to the ground when the ball wasn't even in play.

Nobody (at least most people) aren't saying she should "get off".  But saying people shouldn't intentionally run into a player during a dead ball in a non-basketball play isn't saying some one should get off.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, justice98 said:

off ball play where you intentionally knock them to the ground? Give me a break nothing about that is normal. 

they’re targeting and bullying her. And the reasons are obvious. They’re mad she’s as popular as she is, and there’s a racial component. 

It’s pathetic and the irony is she’s good for the sport and all of them and they’d rather be petulant little ****s cause they’re jealous and she’s white. 

22 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Are they mad she's bringing people to the gate? 

They’re mad she’s so popular. 

They’re not smart enough to look past that and see she’s good for all of them if the goal is to make an incredibly not popular sport, more popular. 

wnba can’t even survive on its own. It requires the nba to subsidize it directly, and indirectly by forcing advertisers to also work with the wnba. 

the whole situation is laughable 

Angel Reese is so insecure and jealous 😂 

“It’s because of me too” 😆 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

off ball play where you intentionally knock them to the ground? Give me a break nothing about that is normal. 

I know if Draymond did that, none of the regulars here would be defending him. 😆

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I know if Draymond did that, none of the regulars here would be defending him. 😆

In some way she’s set up to fail. She’s not set up physically to be successful - too short too slight. There are exceptions but usually that’s a bad combination for the pros in either league. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if ultimately it turns out she was a great college player and that’s it. obviously there’s a chance she’ll do just fine but it is a huge hurdle for her to clear. 

The next closest attendance was 60% of her games. You’d think this would be easy to get but man they don’t like her so much they don’t care about the money and opportunity. And the league isn’t doing anything. And the typical basketball commentators seem to be acting like she’s the problem. It’s nuts 

and comes at a time where there’s a lull in the nba waiting for the finals to start. Couldn’t really time it worse 😆 

1 minute ago, tshile said:

In some way she’s set up to fail. She’s not set up physically to be successful - too short too slight. There are exceptions but usually that’s a bad combination for the pros in either league. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if ultimately it turns out she was a great college player and that’s it. obviously there’s a chance she’ll do just fine but it is a huge hurdle for her to clear. 

The next closest attendance was 60% of her games. You’d think this would be easy to get but man they don’t like her so much they don’t care about the money and opportunity. And the league isn’t doing anything. And the typical basketball commentators seem to be acting like she’s the problem. It’s nuts 

and comes at a time where there’s a lull in the nba waiting for the finals to start. Couldn’t really time it worse 😆 

She's doing OK now (15/5/6 line). I only see her getting better. 

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

She's doing OK now (15/5/6 line). I only see her getting better. 

Ah I was only aware of the 3 point games she’s had so far

im also guessing NIL has a lot to do with it. She likely made more in college then many of these people made so far in the pros. 

another thing that’s not her fault but that’s not the way people work especially when jealousy is involved 

Imma say it but she has not lived up to the hype so far. I think OK (or in my opinion below average, C-) is fine by me. She's certainly  not put the league on notice, let's get that straight right now. And the team's record is horrific. Their last game was a blowout.

Spare me all the whining about how loaded the WNBA sched is or how she just came off college and has to play immediately. IDC. Put up numbers, girl.

She had 3 points in her last game.

Like, I'm not going to be like "UNC" SAS and make racial comparisons, I will stick strictly to the stats and it doesnt' take an analytics nerd to see she has too many turnovers and her point total is well below par. And yes there is going to be an adjustment to playing pro basketball. Let us hope that her rebound comes sooner rather than later, because fans are getting impatient and upset.

Just now, ixcuincle said:

Imma say it but she has not lived up to the hype so far. I think OK (or in my opinion below average, C-) is fine by me. She's certainly  not put the league on notice, let's get that straight right now. And the team's record is horrific. Their last game was a blowout.

Spare me all the whining about how loaded the WNBA sched is or how she just came off college and has to play immediately. IDC. Put up numbers, girl.

She had 3 points in her last game.

Like, I'm not going to be like "UNC" SAS and make racial comparisons, I will stick strictly to the stats and it doesnt' take an analytics nerd to see she has too many turnovers and her point total is well below par. And yes there is going to be an adjustment to playing pro basketball. Let us hope that her rebound comes sooner rather than later, because fans are getting impatient and upset.

you realize she’s on a dreadful team right? She also has a severe physical disadvantage (as I said earlier it’s reasonable to think she may never overcome that because anyone that understands basketball understands you can’t teach height)

it’s been like a week and a half. 

your takes are terrible 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

you realize she’s on a dreadful team right? She also has a severe physical disadvantage (as I said earlier it’s reasonable to think she may never overcome that because anyone that understands basketball understands you can’t teach height)

it’s been like a week and a half. 

your takes are terrible 

What part of what I said was false? Indiana's record is awful. She has had streaky games so far but the facts are the facts. 3 points last game. In the words of OBC, "Not very good."

And she should be called out for it so she can play better.

Also the fact that she is getting roughed up out there concerning.  I noticed that they immediately apologized after that play (Chicago?) and should her teammates have stuck up for her, sure. In hockey if someone do you like that a fight breaks out lol.

Maybe she will get better. But fatigue from a long year combined with poor stats and turnovers, yeah, I'll say it, I won't be afraid to call her out. Do better.

Oh and by the way it has not been a week and a half. Do not revise history.  It's been several games into the season.

If you want to say it's unfair that she has to play so much in such a loaded start of the year where they play very often, fine, but do not insult me or my intelligence by flat out lying. Week and a half. That ain't true.

9 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

What part of what I said was false? Indiana's record is awful. She has had streaky games so far but the facts are the facts. 3 points last game. In the words of OBC, "Not very good."

And she should be called out for it so she can play better.

Also the fact that she is getting roughed up out there concerning.  I noticed that they immediately apologized after that play (Chicago?) and should her teammates have stuck up for her, sure. In hockey if someone do you like that a fight breaks out lol.

Maybe she will get better. But fatigue from a long year combined with poor stats and turnovers, yeah, I'll say it, I won't be afraid to call her out. Do better.

Let me know when Caitlin Clark is here to read your call out for her to do better while you're wiping your face with your bag from Wendy's.

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

What part of what I said was false?

The part where you pretend that because she’s not instantly a star, that somehow means something

if you follow pro basketball the only ones that start out hot are the ones that are physically dominate - they’re tall and strong, or they just have incredible ball handling skills to make up for it. Everyone else struggles to adjust. 

If you come out talking about how Daniels sucks as a NFL qb after week 1 I’d say the same thing (as would virtually everyone else that pays attention to the sport.). What you’re seeing (stat wise) is exactly what should have been expected. 

41 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

"Week and a half."

Season started in May 14th lol

image.thumb.png.702804c53641bce08c1cf150dce75983.png

Is that Friday Mystics game home or away. Might take a look at Caitlin for myself from the cheap seats...

So 3 weeks

you got me good there 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Do better.

Oh and by the way it has not been a week and a half. Do not revise history.  It's been several games into the season.

If you want to say it's unfair that she has to play so much in such a loaded start of the year where they play very often, fine, but do not insult me or my intelligence by flat out lying. Week and a half. That ain't true.

she just finished up the NCAA and here you are “calling her out”? 

I think any reasonable sports fan understands you need to give a rookie time. Especially when they’re a top draft pick with huge expectations, selected by a team that by definition sucks (that’s why they were the #1 pick)

Given the **** you post on here (I like you, not trying to be mean or anything) it’s just nuts to comprehend you posting this take that you’re calling her out and she needs to do better 3 weeks into a season that started a month after her college championship run. 

if she doesn’t do better she’ll be a failure. I don’t know how any reasonable person could demand that assessment be made 3 weeks into the season. Unless you don’t watch sports and just like to be involved in trending topics 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, PeterMP said:

I missed the play/game when Wemby was knocked to the ground when the ball wasn't even in play.

Nobody (at least most people) aren't saying she should "get off".  But saying people shouldn't intentionally run into a player during a dead ball in a non-basketball play isn't saying some one should get off.

Again, the hand wringing and pearl clutching over this play is WAY over the top.  She got lightly bumped and went flying.  Some dead ball shenanigans probably happen on any given days slate of games.  It just not that big a deal.  Nobody blinks at these plays, this is no different.  And yes, the player receiving it is a big deal, but it's still a nothing play.

Edited by justice98

It's a terrible hire. I'm a Lakers fan and I'm disappointed.

They literally hired a coach with no experience the last time. Kept him for 2 years, then hired another coach who not only has no experience but is an ESPN analyst.

Jeff Saturday being hired by the Colts thinks this is a bad decision.