Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, Destino said:

KD is getting in everyone's face this year and it's glorious. Cousin's would tear him apart, and KD knows it, but details such as those are for lesser men to consider.  I wonder if he's ready to embrace "Slim Reaper" now that he's not trying to Mr. Friendly anymore?

It feels like he's the new kid trying way too hard to get the other kids to like him.  Also feels like maybe the reason he's overcompensating with all of this captain rah rah and enforcer stuff is because he doesn't want people to think he's a mercenary and that he misses the feeling of an organization being his team that he lost after he left OKC.  Not just in a leadership sense, but in a sense of belonging somewhere.

The man was given an all time nickname early on, and he waved it off saying he prefers Durantula, of all things. All because of the image. But now he's acting all tough, to overcompensate after his ring chasing move didn't work out to the praise he was expecting. Dude is a phony. Not as big as Dwight Howard. But not that far behind either. 

They all could grow up a little but Im not gonna act like I dont enjoy a little **** talking and bad temperament. 

But we are not gonna sit here and act like Durrant is some kind of tough guy. Dude cried his way off the floor into his mothers bosom. On National TV. I dont care what yall say im not scared of a guy like that. Unless his moms is with him cause thats a big ****.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I don't know y'all.  KD has that Tommy Hearns/Mark Breland lankiness to him.  You shouldn't be looking to trade hands with someone like that...even if you're Boogie.

You aint lying, LOL. Still, even if he can reasonably throw hands, Boogie just seems like one of those dudes that in defeat, would be looking to pop the trunk, or reach in his pants NWA/WWF style for the brass knuckles

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They all could grow up a little but Im not gonna act like I dont enjoy a little **** talking and bad temperament. 

But we are not gonna sit here and act like Durrant is some kind of tough guy. Dude cried his way off the floor into his mothers bosom. On National TV. I dont care what yall say im not scared of a guy like that. Unless his moms is with him cause thats a big ****.

Basically where im at. It's cute, but at some point you have to fall back, fam :ols:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It feels like he's the new kid trying way too hard to get the other kids to like him.  Also feels like maybe the reason he's overcompensating with all of this captain rah rah and enforcer stuff is because he doesn't want people to think he's a mercenary and that he misses the feeling of an organization being his team that he lost after he left OKC.  Not just in a leadership sense, but in a sense of belonging somewhere.

I think it's just branding.  The nice guy routine wasn't him and this isn't him either.  Hes just adding a little edge to his image to sell more shoes.  I think Lebron does the same thing.  Neither of them are people you worry about throwing hands even when they're barking at someone and posturing.  

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Boogie seems like Lennie from Of Mice and Men.  Like he might accidentally kill you to get you to stop yelling at him.

I nominate this for quote of the week.  :rofl89:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Im still lol'ing at Predicto.... Ready to read that mans ankles last rites :ols:

The trauma is deep

Yep   I'm owning up .  I was shook.

I was watching that game, and with Curry's ankle history, this was NOT what I wanted to see

curry.jpg

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Durant is an all time great talent but...I don't know, I don't think we'll ever look at him the way we look at Jordan/Magic/Bird/Lebron/Kobe etc. I guess he doesn't care about that, so whatever.

I look at him as at least the equal of Kobe, but I'm one of those people that thinks Kobe was a bit overrated. 

Edited by Predicto

Kobe Bryant fans are absolutely insane so this stuff is tough to argue, but I never even remotely considered Kobe in that upper realm of superstar like Jordan or Magic. It's hard to explain, but I think the reason is that guys didn't become Hall of Famers because they played with Kobe. In other words, there is no Pippen, McHale, Worthy, etc who would have had a great career without their superstar but are legends because of their superstar. The closest thing you can come up with is Pau, I guess.

Lebron has a history with this in a slightly different way, but still important. Mo Williams was an All Star because he played with Lebron. Chris Bosh is a no-brainer Hall of Famer because he played with Lebron. Kevin Love's career has meaning now because he played with Lebron. JR Smith is seen as valuable because he played with Lebron. It's different, because he didn't stay in what spot his whole career.

I guess the question is, who got rich and/or famous because they played with Kobe? Maybe Andrew Bynum?

You've lost your mind if you think Love and Bosh saw their profiles rise because of having played with Lebron.  They have rings now, that certainly helps, but both went from loved stars to guys that were constantly being criticized for not living up to the hype.  

Lebron elevates one star, someone like Wade or Kyrie, but he feeds off the other to power his ageless body.  Lebron is a vampire is what I'm saying.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Destino said:

You've lost your mind if you think Love and Bosh saw their profiles rise because of having played with Lebron.  They have rings now, that certainly helps, but both went from loved stars to guys that were constantly being criticized for not living up to the hype.  

Lebron elevates one star, someone like Wade or Kyrie, but he feeds off the other to power his ageless body.  Lebron is a vampire is what I'm saying.

This all makes sense.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Destino said:

Kobe versus Durant is interesting.  I'm not sure which way I'd lean on that.  Kobe has the better resume, and not just because of championships, but if I was building a team I'd rather have Durant.

Both in their prime you would rather have Durant? Not that I disagree with you, but I would love to know why. I dont know which I would take btw. 

No debate. Kobe is maniacal. The dude lived and breathed basketball to a Jordan level. Only Lebron right now has that same kind of edge. He could dominate in any era. You think he wouldn't average 30+ in his prime right now? The dude was a force for 19 seasons. Only Duncan can rival that. He had 60 in a body that absolutely shouldn't have allowed it. He pioneered a new procedure that has since become common place for knee injuries just to stay on the court. The second Kevin's body starts failing him, momma is taking him home. 

I'd take Durant and it's not close.  He is a much more well rounded player AND he's a better scorer.  And he plays a much more valuable position.  And he can play with anyone else in the NBA, proven by the fact he thrived next to Westbrook for 8 years.  Kobe's longevity and competitive will were incredible and he was the ultimate alpha, but that doesn't change the fact that there is literally nothing he did better than Durant. Durant is just more talented.  The list of All Timers who were more talented than Durant is basically Kareem, MJ, LeBron, and Wilt.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'd take Durant and it's not close.  He is a much more well rounded player AND he's a better scorer.  And he plays a much more valuable position.  And he can play with anyone else in the NBA, proven by the fact he thrived next to Westbrook for 8 years.  Kobe's longevity and competitive will were incredible and he was the ultimate alpha, but that doesn't change the fact that there is literally nothing he did better than Durant. Durant is just more talented.  The list of All Timers who were more talented than Durant is basically Kareem, MJ, LeBron, and Wilt.

Kobe has nine defensive 1st teams and three 2nd teams.  Durant has zero, he really only started playing defense well enough for anyone to notice it in the last 2-3 years.  This isn't a small difference.  

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I'll take Kobe.  Dragging Odom, Gasol and Bynum to multiple rings is one hell of a trick.

Certainly more impressive than joining a championship team that just broke the Bulls wins record and winning a title.  

Durant is a better offensive player and I don't see it being close, but Kobe has the more impressive overall resume.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I think Durant might be more physically gifted but there is something special about Kobe that most of these current generation guys just don't have.

Yeah - Kobe's special ability was the ability to chuck up as many dumb shots as he wanted, hit 40% of them, and not get pulled off the floor and sat down on the bench by his coach.

Oh wait, Westbrook can still do that.  So I guess the current generation is represented.  

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 1