Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

There is no gravitational pull without Curry. Durant is literally cookies and sprinkles on an ice cream.

Durant makes the Warriors unstoppable because they can play varied styles on offense.

But if you take Curry away, they are a 60 win team but not like they were last year where it was a foregone conclusion they would win the title until injuries and kicks to the nuts.

Durant isnt pulling up from just inside the half court line. Curry is and it scares defense. You can usually let a guy go up court and then engage when he is a few feet back from the 3 point line. You have to get on Curry much earlier. He is more valuable than Durant.

• Like 2

I don't know how how you can say there's no gravitational pull... I see your point, I never didn't see it. All I'm saying is that those sprinkles can be the star of the show. Even though you know without the ice cream the sprinkles loses it purpose; when you put the two together, you can't help but to pay attention to those sprinkles!

Like cheese on a burger. It's good on its own, but when that melted cheese is included!!! My goodness! Lol 

(I was already hungry. This post did not help at all.)

Durant has a ton of gravity too.  So does Klay Thompson.  That's why their offense is unstoppable.  Same deal for the three guys on the Cavs.  But the major difference between them is that the Warriors guys are way better defensive players and they also have Draymond Green, who is a far better player than Tristan Thompson.

• Like 1

Yeah, if you watched last night game and didn't come away with the clear impression, that especially taking account defense and rebounding, that Durant is the best player on the Warriors, then I don't know what to tell you.

Even on those dunks, yes Curry pulled defense to him, but Durant is the person that got the rebound, pushed ball into the open floor, and made the play possible.

And if anybody thinks JR Smith had a good shot at stopping Durant, then you know even less about basketball.  JR Smith didn't bail because he was worried about Curry getting a 3.  He bailed because he didn't want to be posterized by Durant.

If anything, Curry is the sprinkle on the play that allows him to easily get all the way to the rim and get the dunk.

Those plays don't happen with Durant.  Curry just makes it easier.

Durant has been a seamless fit in the Warriors system.  The only other guy they could have gotten that would have been almost as good is Kawhi.  Everyone else dominates the ball too much and would have made waves.  Durant can score off isos in less than seven seconds and he's an elite catch and shoot guy.  He's also got the perfect temperament for the team.  He's not an alpha player who has to dominate everything.  He's a big picture guy who thinks like a coach.

The Detroit Pistons built a pretty great team by the '86 season, but they didn't have the offensive juice to get past the Celtics.  So they went out and got Adrian Dantley as a safety valve iso scorer.  But Dantley was going through a major decline and he was also a bad fit personality-wise.  So then they moved him and tried again with Mark Aguirre, and got better results.  Although Aguirre was a little washed up by then too, it did the job and they became a championship caliber team.

There was a similar dynamic at play in Golden State going out and getting Durant.  They knew they needed a dominant iso scorer to definitively win the arms race with Cleveland.  But there are some key differences.  Curry is a **** ton better than Isaiah Thomas ever was and the Warriors were already the best team in the NBA.  And instead of getting a declining Adrian Dantley/Mark Aguirre, the Warriors got Larry Bird in his prime.

Yeah, it's that stupid.  The NBA is broken right now.

7 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Durant hasn't been a seamless fit and I never claimed he wasn't their best player. Curry is their most valuable.

without him, it don't work.

Do you mean without Curry we aren't talking about a possible sweep? That's true.

But if you mean without Curry they aren't a top 3 team in the west and one of the favorites to win the championship, then that's false.

3 hours ago, daveakl said:

Do you mean without Curry we aren't talking about a possible sweep? That's true.

But if you mean without Curry they aren't a top 3 team in the west and one of the favorites to win the championship, then that's false.

They are the best team in the west without Durant.

The Warriors went on that 14 game win streak without Durant. Durant is their best talent but Curry being the number one guy puts Golden State at their best.

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

They are the best team in the west without Durant.

The Warriors went on that 14 game win streak without Durant. Durant is their best talent but Curry being the number one guy puts Golden State at their best.

They are better then the Spurs without Durant?

The Warriors also went 2-5 in their first 7 without him.  So 15-5 without him (it was 13 game streak and then he played the 14th game).

62-10: 86.1% winning with Durant

15-5: 75% winning without Durant

33 minutes ago, daveakl said:

They are better then the Spurs without Durant?

The Warriors also went 2-5 in their first 7 without him.  So 15-5 without him (it was 13 game streak and then he played the 14th game).

62-10: 86.1% winning with Durant

15-5: 75% winning without Durant

I'm not sure what we are discussing at this point.

Of course they are better with Durant and Curry. I didn't say anything against that.

• Like 1

I don't agree that the series is over if Cavs lose this game.  At this point, just waiting to see how they play in Cleveland.  If Cavs get blown out again though, they might be right.  Argument was Cavs couldn't beat this team 4 out of 5 times.  I can definitely see that at this point.